C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racetronix hotwire making me crazy (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 01:52 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Racetronix hotwire making me crazy (pics inside)

Well i did a good day in the garage today but again im stuck with probably something basic for a bunch of you expert

I ve installed (but not completed) my racetronix hot waire.The front part is easy ,alternator than hook up the fuse holder and run the wire thru the rocker panel to the back.

The conenction are easy but there is 2 problem remaining for me:

1- How/where do you hook up the chassis ground connector from the pump harness unit? I wouldnt ask this question if the wire was like 6-10 inch ,but this wire is so short. I can stretch it but doesnt like pulling stress on the rest of the wire.See 1-2-3 pics

2-This harness is so long...what do you do with the remaining thousand miles of wire...Anyone got some pics to show what they did to make a clean install...See 4 pics

Thanks
Eric

Old 08-17-2014, 09:25 AM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't see pics at work but use a self taping screw to install the ground wire. For the extra wire roll it up like an extension cord and zip tie it up. I don't see the real point of a clean install for something that won't be seen again. It's how I did mine and it's been working fine.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:46 AM
NukeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good quick read for me! I have an LPE pump and racetronix harness on the way. Seems racetronix is out of them at the moment though.. LPE hasn't sent it out yet an says they are waiting. Nitrous outlet mentioned they are waiting on several too. Just need this last part done and I can get my nitrous kit wired the rest of the way and dialed in!
Old 08-17-2014, 11:13 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Patches
I assume you're referring to the sender ground that is pigtailed off the connector that attaches to the pump connector. If so, that goes under one of the screws that holds the fuel pump bulkhead to the fuel tank - the round, metal plate with the three lines and fuel pump connector on it. The other ground next to the relay can attach to any ground on the frame rail or you can drill and tap your own hole for it. Make sure you sand any paint under the ground terminal so it makes intimate contact with bare metal and use the silicone grease supplied with the kit to keep it from corroding and degrading the ground contact.

I just did this yesterday as well, plus I added a Racetronix FPWH-009 harness for my auxillary fuel pump in the same area so I have twice the additional excess wire to try and keep neat. I usually wrap the excess up, tie it off with wire ties as neatly as possible and tuck it away where it cnanot be damaged and won't interfere with other components.

Pictures are excerpts from the Racetronix instructions for that harness and show the ground and excess harness tied up.
Yes , thats what i was looking for
Where did you took those pics, i didnt had any instructions or pics with my kit and i cant find them on the racetronix website...
Any link ???
Old 08-17-2014, 11:44 AM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Patches
Here you go.

Well thanks, where is it hideout ?
I would look for the PBIC connector kit pdf.

This is making everything way more clear now
Old 08-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

Don't remember where I found it but IMO Racetronix has some pretty crappy CS. They are unavailable online unless you join their forum and I get no responses on that. The one response via email I did get was an answer where the responder did not address the actual question I had and then never responded to my followup.

Anyway, I have a PBIC due here tomorrow and that should be a no-brainer as it's just a splicing connector set that allows you connect the booster in-line with one wire. I will post what I do with it, hopefully next weekend.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Sorry, but Racetronix says there is a clear notice on the manual and in their forum that it is not to be reposted / reprinted without their consent.

Pics and a copy of the manual have been removed for that reason.

Suggest you contact them if you still need some help with their product(s).
Old 08-17-2014, 06:46 PM
always faster
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JimTN
Sorry, but Racetronix says there is a clear notice on the manual and in their forum that it is not to be reposted / reprinted without their consent.

Pics and a copy of the manual have been removed for that reason.

Suggest you contact them if you still need some help with their product(s).

Well i ll keep my mouth shut but i find this pretty akward since we bought there parts...
Without those pics or the pdf instructions i would still be stuck in my installtion.Now i ve just finish everything minus the fuel pump.

But again i was quick enough to save both pictures and to download the pdf file.

Thanks Patches

Last edited by always faster; 08-17-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Racetronix hotwire making me crazy (pics inside)

Quick Reply: Racetronix hotwire making me crazy (pics inside)