C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new build thread, blower to TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 02:54 PM
cmiller8006
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I absolutely love that wheel and tire set up. Car has an awesome stance to it. Hopefully you can get it out and enjoy it for awhile before weather comes in.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:02 PM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks bud, I hope so to. We still have a couple
Months before its to cold hopefully. Supposed to be a nasty heat wave coming thru this week
Old 08-31-2015, 06:09 PM
KoreaJon
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
lol, #camonly

KoreaJon
Old 08-31-2015, 08:07 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Soooo??? What was the final numbers?

Congrats on getting back on the road man...
Old 08-31-2015, 09:28 PM
lsxvette
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

im sure u spent alotta quality time cleaning and talking to it lol
Old 08-31-2015, 10:09 PM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

actually just did a quick wash and some tire shine lol. i had the car detailed before the engine blew so didn't take much.

final numbers 757/786 on 14-15psi i think it was. he was having issues with my plug wires and having a hard time getting a reading for the dyno... never turned it up either, ran into issues with my coil relocation so I'm working on getting ls7 coils and short wires and different valve covers. not going to worry about turning it up for a bit... I'm just going to enjoy it for the rest of the season as is.
the turbos spool insanely fast, it makes peak tq around 4200rpm
Old 08-31-2015, 11:07 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

best cam only car ever lol
Old 09-01-2015, 09:53 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by StealthFRC
actually just did a quick wash and some tire shine lol. i had the car detailed before the engine blew so didn't take much.

final numbers 757/786 on 14-15psi i think it was. he was having issues with my plug wires and having a hard time getting a reading for the dyno... never turned it up either, ran into issues with my coil relocation so I'm working on getting ls7 coils and short wires and different valve covers. not going to worry about turning it up for a bit... I'm just going to enjoy it for the rest of the season as is.
the turbos spool insanely fast, it makes peak tq around 4200rpm
I'm with you on all points bro...

I actually fight with my wires/ohms etc etc quite a bit as well.. I recently switched to Taylor 9mm/25 ohm wires and they are leaps and bounds better then the MSDs I have been fighting with for 2 years. They actually click on the plug securely and you can get them off without them coming apart. My wires are 2-3' long with the coil relocation and highest wire was 90 ohms. Cured a lot of my misfire issues.

I'm also with you on not turning it up and pushing it hard. I'm joining the "less is more" class....when your tired of dumping tens of thousands in your car every year, this is what happens.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:29 PM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ajrothm
I'm with you on all points bro...

I actually fight with my wires/ohms etc etc quite a bit as well.. I recently switched to Taylor 9mm/25 ohm wires and they are leaps and bounds better then the MSDs I have been fighting with for 2 years. They actually click on the plug securely and you can get them off without them coming apart. My wires are 2-3' long with the coil relocation and highest wire was 90 ohms. Cured a lot of my misfire issues.

I'm also with you on not turning it up and pushing it hard. I'm joining the "less is more" class....when your tired of dumping tens of thousands in your car every year, this is what happens.
Yea mine are like 45" long lol, I've always fought with them. I have morosos right now, they are a great wire and do the same thing, click when you install but I guess it's just time to fold and put them back on the valve covers. Should be pretty easy to sell the setup I have, just not for a big power car.
Car is back on the road, passed emissions this morning and I was able to renew my reg right online which was amazing lol. New valve cover had -12 nipples welded on and are at the coater as we speak. Said they would be done in a couple hrs. I also dropped my 15's off to get the new Mickey II installed.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:21 PM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

haven't even had the car a week lol. the coater i use is amazing.... literally dropped the valve covers off at 1130 this morning and picked them up at 430pm... can't beat same day turn around.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Yea mine are like 45" long lol, I've always fought with them. I have morosos right now, they are a great wire and do the same thing, click when you install but I guess it's just time to fold and put them back on the valve covers. Should be pretty easy to sell the setup I have, just not for a big power car.
Car is back on the road, passed emissions this morning and I was able to renew my reg right online which was amazing lol. New valve cover had -12 nipples welded on and are at the coater as we speak. Said they would be done in a couple hrs. I also dropped my 15's off to get the new Mickey II installed.

When I had my 5th gen camaro.

I relocated the coils and used a set of msd car wires with different boots.. And used e85 with 13.67:1 compression.

Car sometimes seemed like it had a little miss.. Had to keep fresh hot plugs in it, it always seemed to foul plugs easily, especially the colder ones.

Similar setup in 2 of my other cars never had the same issues.. Plugs heat range didn't matter as much, and didn't have to keep them nearly as fresh. And I'm talking similar displacement, similar cams, comp, and heads.

I always think to myself that the long wires made them more sensitive to issues and interference..
Old 09-01-2015, 08:27 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Blackonblacksls
When I had my 5th gen camaro.

I relocated the coils and used a set of msd car wires with different boots.. And used e85 with 13.67:1 compression.

Car sometimes seemed like it had a little miss.. Had to keep fresh hot plugs in it, it always seemed to foul plugs easily, especially the colder ones.

Similar setup in 2 of my other cars never had the same issues.. Plugs heat range didn't matter as much, and didn't have to keep them nearly as fresh. And I'm talking similar displacement, similar cams, comp, and heads.

I always think to myself that the long wires made them more sensitive to issues and interference..

Absolutely they will.. Apparently these coils are weak sauce and even the slightest resistance will cause misfires under boost.. Even just the end connectors will spike the resistance. I buy MSD super conductor wire by the spool and ends by the dozen... Seems like every few times you pull em off for plug checks, they start acting up. I'm hoping the Taylors do better. They definitely click on MUCH better and have less ohms per foot. Time will tell. I don't even use the heat socks with these.. Much better fit and appearance.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:36 PM
cmiller8006
Racer

Absolutely they will.. Apparently these coils are weak sauce and even the slightest resistance will cause misfires under boost.. Even just the end connectors will spike the resistance. I buy MSD super conductor wire by the spool and ends by the dozen... Seems like every few times you pull em off for plug checks, they start acting up. I'm hoping the Taylors do better. They definitely click on MUCH better and have less ohms per foot. Time will tell. I don't even use the heat socks with these.. Much better fit and appearance.
Burned the **** out of my driver side msds at the dyno. Just bought Taylor wires also. I still have the coils on the vc tho so there what 8 inches long
Old 09-01-2015, 08:41 PM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

yea i used to run msd aswel and made my own wires. ordered it by the roll and probably still have a **** ton sitting around. tuner was never able to get a reading with them on the dyno. i switched to these morosos and they worked a little better because he was able to get a reading for a bit but once he went to turn it up they just sucked. I'm not going to mess with them anymore, ill just use the holley covers and ls7 coils. should be good to go
Old 09-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Blackonblacksls
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Sucks. But I had so much **** under the hood of my 5th gen I felt I need them them.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist

... ill just use the holley covers and ls7 coils. should be good to go
Looking good and hoping everything is lined out the way you want it soon. It will be nice to just enjoy all the work that has occurred.

What is the part number on the valve covers? Is there anything special that has to be done to run LS7 coils on a C5?

Also, what plug wires are you planning to use?
Old 09-02-2015, 12:54 PM
cmiller8006
Racer

I got the taylor thundervolt 50 wires on today, they have a 130 degree plug end and fit nicely. Don't touch anywhere,

Get notified of new replies

To new build thread, blower to TT

Old 09-02-2015, 02:05 PM
all4spl
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sell me the intake hard pipe. Also where did you get the oil catch can?
Old 09-02-2015, 02:06 PM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Turbo-Geist
Looking good and hoping everything is lined out the way you want it soon. It will be nice to just enjoy all the work that has occurred.

What is the part number on the valve covers? Is there anything special that has to be done to run LS7 coils on a C5?

Also, what plug wires are you planning to use?
i got the Holley#510-241-110 which are the bare version since i needed the
-12 bungs welded on, then had a local shop coat them.

the ls7 just plug in, you just need the ls7 harness and it plugs directly into the stock c5 harness.
with the holley covers and ls7 coils the front coil on the driver side cover won't fit with the provided bracket due to the alternator so i just used 1 hole to mount the coil... should be fine. car started right up and drives great. i just used the msd wires. with how short the wires are i really don't see any issues with anything. i bet even stock wires would have less resistance then my long *** ones for the relocation lol.

this is the new setup, its hot as hell here so i only took the car to the hardware store earlier. the turbos pretty much insta spool lol. thing is ridiculous. the tq hits so hard with just 1/4 throttle.

Last edited by StealthFRC; 09-02-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:11 PM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by all4spl
Sell me the intake hard pipe. Also where did you get the oil catch can?
you asking me? or someone else?

i actually have 3 catch cans on the car. 2 breather cans and and closed can on the head.
id have to look and see what brand the cans are, its been so long
no hard piping forsale here lol

Quick Reply: new build thread, blower to TT