C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meth tank

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 08:42 PM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Meth tank

I was doing the windshield washer meth tank nonsense for a year now. It seemed like every few months the meth would find its way out and leak all over the floor. After the 4th reseal I decided I needed something better. Had my local shop Corvette Masters make me up something I wouldn't have to worry about. I should have done this from the start!

Old 09-09-2014, 09:05 AM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Nice tank
Old 09-09-2014, 06:48 PM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Cool tank. Have thought about doing something similar but in stainless. Though I have zero space in that area with all the fuel crap.

Guess i'll be the first to ask... why aluminum for a meth tank? Meth eats aluminum.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:36 AM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JDS99
Cool tank. Have thought about doing something similar but in stainless. Though I have zero space in that area with all the fuel crap.

Guess i'll be the first to ask... why aluminum for a meth tank? Meth eats aluminum.
I had all my fuel stuff running there too when I had twin external pumps. Nothing but trouble. Went with twin internal and ran everything down the center of the car.

I always heard the meth eating aluminum stuff but if the hot rods down here have been running aluminum tanks for their meth for the last 10 years trouble free that is good enough for me. If I get 10 years out of a tank I'd be happy, but it will last a lot longer than that.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Z_fox
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nickolbag
I had all my fuel stuff running there too when I had twin external pumps. Nothing but trouble. Went with twin internal and ran everything down the center of the car.

I always heard the meth eating aluminum stuff but if the hot rods down here have been running aluminum tanks for their meth for the last 10 years trouble free that is good enough for me. If I get 10 years out of a tank I'd be happy, but it will last a lot longer than that.
I am in the process of having a tank fabricated. Would you know what size bung that was used? Also is that a fluid level sensor I see wired in?
Old 09-11-2014, 03:10 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by nickolbag

Check the filters near the nozzles regularly, the tank should have been made from S.S., the aluminum will cause a build up of white goo in the lines which will make the LED turn green but not spray properly.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:48 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Z_fox
I am in the process of having a tank fabricated. Would you know what size bung that was used? Also is that a fluid level sensor I see wired in?
Until he answers, I'll try and answer.

The Alky Control pump and fitting for the original WW tank is a 3/8NPT bung, I believe. No good reason to change it that I can think of.
That appears to be the factory WW washer tank sensor, grommet and plug, so that when it's low, you get a message on the DIC.

Smart idea.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:15 AM
nickolbag
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT56
Until he answers, I'll try and answer.

The Alky Control pump and fitting for the original WW tank is a 3/8NPT bung, I believe. No good reason to change it that I can think of.
That appears to be the factory WW washer tank sensor, grommet and plug, so that when it's low, you get a message on the DIC.

Smart idea.
Correct. I figured the factory sensor would be the easiest solution.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:36 PM
rodsvet
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Aluminum and meth don't mix. Unless the aluminum has some type of coating you may get pin hole leaks along the welds. Keep an eye on it for safety sake. Rod
Old 09-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Z_fox
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I contacted a shop that is making a tank to fit in the battery tray. I gave them dimensions and requested a 3/8" NPT bung be installed. Just want to make sure I am not missing something. Does this tank need to be vented? I like how the OP is using the oem sensor but not sure how I would wire it in to the cockpit.

Tank is to be SS but the cap is aluminum. I need to ask if the cap is vented. I would like to add a fluid low sensor but am not sure what would be needed to be done to the tank for this to be done. Any suggestions?
Old 09-14-2014, 03:57 PM
rodsvet
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The more holes you put in a tank, the more potential leaks. Keep it simple and just check your meth level manually I wouldn't trust a sensor anyway. Can't speak to the venting issue as I use the washer tank and only run 50/50, and can use it to wash the windshield if I want to. Rod

Get notified of new replies

To Meth tank

Quick Reply: Meth tank