C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Haltech S2000 folks please step in

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 11:10 AM
mdaniel
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Sure. Why support something just because customers bought your product?
Old 09-12-2014, 11:43 AM
digivex
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mdaniel
Sure. Why support something just because customers bought your product?
I don't want to put Haltech in a bad light nor do I nut swing for products I use unless they are mind blowing - LOL

Haltech has and continues to provide me with support when needed

When I asked about something such as the ability to change a sensor name, that was not really "support" per se, but a request for an update (new features) to their PS2000 software/firmware.

I personally believe that Haltech will continue to support the 2000.

However, they may not be providing new features / updates. v.13 may have been the last; adding some nice features such as the ability to pull and ramp-up timing for X amount of ms based on some trigger (e.g., trans-brake release), etc.

The Elite introduces newer features and capabilities, just like going from iPhone 4 to 5... Apple still supports 4, right? (Not that I am an Apple nut swinger either, just an example)

The longer you wait, things will always get better. So, if you can afford to wait... Do it! But, if you already have the 2000 (like I do), unless Haltech throws me an Elite for free, I'm gonna stick with what I got
Old 09-12-2014, 12:01 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,087 Likes on 657 Posts

Well said Dave.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

puters and software don't wear out that fast

I wish the s2000 had a tranny control but I'm pretty sure it will do what I need.

I got some great help today on some wiring techniques, and soon I'm going to tear into this.

fortunately, my LSV ZR-1 soldiers on and its nice to have some redundancy in the toy department

thanks for all the feedback. like to hear more about the new Haltech system and the improvements
Old 09-14-2014, 05:50 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

any other haltech folks? Like to hear from any one using the system, likes, dislikes, install experiences, ect... thanks!
Old 09-14-2014, 07:32 AM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

I tired getting pricing from ECS but never got a price. We have a C6 we are doing so Ill def let you know.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:23 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

For the record, I spoke with the OP for about an hour about the Haltech system because I wanted to give my .02 on many subjects and didn't have time to type.

I'm running the Haltech system as many are aware. I've upgraded to the digital widebands and added a flex fuel sensor. There are so many things that you can do. It gets expensive for sure. Without any traction control, I figure I can simply be proactive and soften the tune in places where traction is a known issue. With individual gear tuning for both fuel and spark, even for 6 speeds, I think it's a very flexible, well thought out product.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:04 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

thanks Brett! your help is VERY much appreciated

wisdom of many council is helpful to benefit from the experience of others

I have about 4k total tied up in all this stuff so yes, it's NOT cheap

Quick Reply: Haltech S2000 folks please step in