C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on these plugs and gap

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 02:20 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Opinions on these plugs and gap

Hey guys, just wanted to double check with my fellow techies. Always open to more knowledge.*

On my vortech blown LS3, just went from 9psi to 12 and switched to e85, 700rwhp. Therefore i swapped out the ngk tr6 for br7ef (tr7's). Gapped out the box at .025.

Old 09-13-2014, 02:53 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Natie
Hey guys, just wanted to double check with my fellow techies. Always open to more knowledge.*

On my vortech blown LS3, just went from 9psi to 12 and switched to e85, 700rwhp. Therefore i swapped out the ngk tr6 for br7ef (tr7's). Gapped out the box at .025.

You will likely get many different opinions on gap.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:01 PM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by robz
I think a 7 is the right heat range for your setup but check your plugs to make sure. If you see more than 3 threads darkened then consider colder.

You will likely get many different opinions on gap.
Cool. That's what I figured. I guess after a couple of pulls on the dyno I'll be able to read them and be sure.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:21 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

play around with it for sure. You may find that the car likes a smaller gap. If you want to get a good reading (especially at WOT) put new plugs in, make a pull and then check them out. It shouldn't take more than one pull to tell you what you need to know.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions on these plugs and gap

Quick Reply: Opinions on these plugs and gap