C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Speed Manual seems to work fine around town :-)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 07:21 PM
Z06 Sleeper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Speed Manual seems to work fine around town :-)

around town I feel no need for 1st gear torque multiplication , or even 2nd gear , and being my B&M Ripper is pretty tight with strong 3rd/4th gate line-up springs it feels just natural to roll out in 3rd with very slight clutch slip and by 10mph the clutch is fully engaged and I shift to 4th at 25 , and 4th is fine from 25 to 50 around town (actually probably good to 150 but thats besides the point) my FI '04 Z doesn't seem to mind at all, no bog, no stall out , I dont smell any burning clutch plates or heat , so ?? just another amazing FI Z ability :-)

Paul
Old 09-24-2014, 10:15 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

3rd is too high to start out from a stop. I would think you are burning the clutch disc.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:15 PM
Z06 Sleeper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :-)

yeah I know, was mostly a tounge in cheek kind of comment, but I have done it and the car didnt complain or shudder or stall or smoke or smell like burnt clutch discs (sometimes I did it accidentally getting used to the new/stiff B&M Ripper shifter) seemed to be a good alternative to the idiotic 1st to 4th forced shift until I put the CAGS bypass in , anyway, this is a way fun car, glad I finally made the plunge to a Supercharged+ Z06 , very well manored on the streets with 30MPG on cruise at 70mph , have a great day

Paul

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
3rd is too high to start out from a stop. I would think you are burning the clutch disc.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:08 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

that's better than doing it with the standard M6 trans. your 3rd gear is a little lower & can tolerate it better than mine

Get notified of new replies

To 2 Speed Manual seems to work fine around town :-)

Quick Reply: 2 Speed Manual seems to work fine around town :-)