C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A kit... dyno numbers/time slips?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 05:30 AM
dsheezy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A&A kit... dyno numbers/time slips?

Looking for anybody that has some dyno number or time slips with a similar setup as mine. I recently purchased an A&A kit on here. It is a v1 si head unit with a 50mm bov upgrade. The car is an 02 z06 with 1 7/8 LG Super Pros and LG offroad xpipe. I cant seem to find enough builds similar to get a baseline as to what I should expect. Im assuming the car will make 8psi or so, and make somewhere in the 550-600 hp range, and hopefully 500 tq or so. On a decent tire, I would assume the car would go mid-high 10s and trap 128-132 ish, but would like to see what those with similar builds have done. Thanks in advance, Devin
Old 09-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

I hope ya don't take this like its smart azz but ya just need to get it to the strip and see what it does. Alot of range in your question like whats a decent tire? Plus, at your power level and being a manual its alot about the driver. Some of the practiced drivers here will be much better than a newer quarter driver.

Well as a reference when I was at 525whp and 510wtq I had made a best pass of 11.6 and 124mph on upsized Michelin PS2s. This was maybe five years ago. I am by no means an experianced quarter driver, maybe five/six visits, but had a great time. Now the car is at 620whp and 550tq and I have no idea what it will do. I know this though, the tires are in no way up to the task so I could very well be slower at the quarter.

Get to the track and have fun find out how you do,

PC
Old 09-21-2014, 11:23 PM
dsheezy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darion
I hope ya don't take this like its smart azz but ya just need to get it to the strip and see what it does. Alot of range in your question like whats a decent tire? Plus, at your power level and being a manual its alot about the driver. Some of the practiced drivers here will be much better than a newer quarter driver.

Well as a reference when I was at 525whp and 510wtq I had made a best pass of 11.6 and 124mph on upsized Michelin PS2s. This was maybe five years ago. I am by no means an experianced quarter driver, maybe five/six visits, but had a great time. Now the car is at 620whp and 550tq and I have no idea what it will do. I know this though, the tires are in no way up to the task so I could very well be slower at the quarter.

Get to the track and have fun find out how you do,

PC
I hear ya. Getting my own numbers and times would be the easiest way to answer my question. I just want to get a rough idea of it i reckon. A decent tire for me would be at least a MT drag radial. I have made many, many track passes, so i am not new to the process at all, but I still have some things to learn. The main reason I ask is because I had an internal battle with myself, whether or not I wanted to get a heads cam package, or buy a blower. Before i bought my z06, I had a h/c/i 2000 camaro, 6 speed. That car made 451/408, and with a 9 inch and a 26 et street, went 11.40 at 122. And it weighed 3560 with me in it. Now, the vette is lighter by a couple hundred pounds, and should make close to 100 hp and 100 tq more than the camaro. So, theoretically, I would assume the car would have no issues getting into the 10s and trapping almost 130mph. If not, i am going to be very upset with choosing the blower over a healthy heads cam package, as I have seen h/c c5z's go bottom 11s at 124-126. Was just seeing if anybody had any track times or dyno numbers to help ease my worrying. Thanks for the reply though
Old 09-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Good tire, Good driver and good conditions, ya can make high 10's with setup I would think.

Check this out
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...uick-list.html

PC
Old 09-22-2014, 08:33 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

A friend of mine maxed his Si trim out and hit 138 in the 1/4 but never got a great 60' and was pedaling the car a lot.

This is with meth, cam, 1-3/4 headers, stock untouched heads and bottom end. That was with OD crank and 3.25 blower pulleys. I expect his car will dyno close to 700

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance; 09-22-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:03 AM
Mister Peebody
Drifting

Location: Ok! So you don't believe in conspiracies, but will you acknowledge the possibility of there being coordinated activities in secret places? Texas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My turd went 11.40 with a Si trim and 3.6 pulley making 540, but I can't drive. I wouldn't expect 10.9x with your setup. Have fun.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A kit... dyno numbers/time slips?

Quick Reply: A&A kit... dyno numbers/time slips?