C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Debris in/on Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 04:32 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Debris in/on Air Filter

Put the blower on......... had ECS do the tuning this past week......got it back yesterday night (Fri) drove it home and what ever ECS had to drive it, put it on lift this morning just to reinspect and the air filter rad. side is packed with debris already. Has anyone put a screen under rad. support to knock down the amount ?

Last edited by fisher auto; 09-20-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Z06 Sleeper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaves in radiator/intercooler area

definitely can accumulate leaves quickly, ( the "ram air" duct for air redirection to intercooler etc works ) , there are commercial screens for the area but you can make your own with a quick trip to Home Depot , good luck

Paul

Originally Posted by fisher auto
Put the blower on......... had ECS do the tuning this past week......got it back yesterday night (Fri) drove it home and what ever ECS had to drive it, put it on lift this morning just to reinspect and the air filter rad. side is packed with debris already. Has anyone put a screen under rad. support to knock down the amount ?
Old 09-21-2014, 05:31 PM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually bought something from Home Depot to do this and I may install it tomorrow using push pins since GM loves to use them. If it rips off I'll just cut another piece and put it back on. I'll let you know how it goes. But beware, I'm all about function over form
Old 09-21-2014, 08:37 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
I actually bought something from Home Depot to do this and I may install it tomorrow using push pins since GM loves to use them. If it rips off I'll just cut another piece and put it back on. I'll let you know how it goes. But beware, I'm all about function over form
Agreed need it to work. Was thinking something from Depot/Lowes Something obviously with smaller holes/squares. I thought I had seen something from a vendor here a while back but can't find it!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:59 PM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was hoping I could find something like a window screen but stronger. I believe mine will disintegrate over time.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:31 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
I was hoping I could find something like a window screen but stronger. I believe mine will disintegrate over time.
That's a good idea! Could just screw right to the rad. support and give it a quick coat of paint

Get notified of new replies

To Debris in/on Air Filter

Quick Reply: Debris in/on Air Filter