C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Engine issues (picture heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:18 AM
SilverZ06NC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
You have to be getting a ton of blow by in that to use that much oil. Looks like the walls of the holes has a ton of more than 1,k on it. Plus was the block honed to what pistons you are using in the motor.

May be the pic,s but looks like alot of just slick spots down in the walls also. Plus what does the plugs look like that you pulled from each hole. Then what about the color and if wet on the valve's after you pulled the heads off the block. Robert
Originally Posted by robert miller
Bret I am with you on this, that is why I ask him what the plugs was looking at from each hole. But then again Bret remember this motor was just done plus has less or just 1,k miles on it. It has to be getting some hel! of fuel down the holes plus who ever did the work on the block and honing had to do one bad job on it. Plus the OP had to have this car at WOT the full time. Robert
Sorry I forgot to post pictures of the plugs. The heads were black on the valves. The black smoke when you kick it is fuel but the greyish haze at idle is oil. I'm glad I am getting taking care of by both builder and tuner.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:26 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Now THAT's oil control issues. What about your intake ports. Got pics of those?
Old 09-28-2014, 02:22 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Now THAT's oil control issues. What about your intake ports. Got pics of those?
Oil problems in a bad way.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:16 PM
GO_BLUE_VETTES
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

What was the conclusion / solution in the end?
Old 11-25-2014, 09:41 PM
SilverZ06NC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GO_BLUE_VETTES
What was the conclusion / solution in the end?
We ended up ball honing the cylinders, and they came out great. New set of total seal ap rings and the joe Gibbs 5w-30 breaking oil. I also ended up installing a -12 bung in the top of the catch can and ran the line to the -12 bung in the intake pipe of the supercharger. Trying to "pull" a little vacuum to help with ring seal. I think it is good to go now, no smoking at all. Car ended up making 737/657 out of the SI trim supercharger.

Quick Reply: Help! Engine issues (picture heavy)