C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highest hp from a V2 S-trim?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 03:11 PM
spoolin7
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Highest hp from a V2 S-trim?

Yes, I said S-trim, lol. I tried doing some googling and searching on here. The best I could come up with was a guy that made 708whp with one. Does anyone know of any higher numbers? I only ask because I'm still running an S-trim until I suck it up and buy a YSI.

Before my straight intake that I recently did that added another 1.5lbs of boost, I was making 688 on just straight 93, no meth. I'm getting ready to make the move to E85 and hoping for 750+. I know it's an obsolete blower so not too many people care, but I'm interested to see if there's been anything in that range before. It's nice to see what these little blowers can do.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:03 PM
JT FRC 00
Instructor

Only info I could dig up on it was it moves 1000 CFM. Soooo approximately 680 supportable HP give or take a little.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:42 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

whats this straight intake you speak of?

and you just need to sack up and get a ysi so you can keep up with us
Old 09-27-2014, 02:49 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by spoolin7
Yes, I said S-trim, lol. I tried doing some googling and searching on here. The best I could come up with was a guy that made 708whp with one. Does anyone know of any higher numbers? I only ask because I'm still running an S-trim until I suck it up and buy a YSI.

Before my straight intake that I recently did that added another 1.5lbs of boost, I was making 688 on just straight 93, no meth. I'm getting ready to make the move to E85 and hoping for 750+. I know it's an obsolete blower so not too many people care, but I'm interested to see if there's been anything in that range before. It's nice to see what these little blowers can do.
I'm guessing you may be referring to me?
Old 09-28-2014, 07:49 AM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

Mine topped out at 650ish. Then I went to a T-Trim that stopped at 750. Now at a Ysi at 880 with room to grow. Moral is to go with a Ysi from the get go.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:27 PM
spoolin7
Pro

Originally Posted by idontknow
whats this straight intake you speak of?

and you just need to sack up and get a ysi so you can keep up with us
don't worry, you already have one. i had the old school a&a plastic dongle. ditched that and got some more boost to play with.

Originally Posted by NemesisC5
I'm guessing you may be referring to me?
yes sir. the one and only.

Originally Posted by CamminC5
Mine topped out at 650ish. Then I went to a T-Trim that stopped at 750. Now at a Ysi at 880 with room to grow. Moral is to go with a Ysi from the get go.
I thought about a T-trim since i doubt i want more than around 800ish for a street car, but having room to grow is nice. i've been wanting a ysi for a while now, but i'm waiting on the right deal to come up. i got the s-trim just because i couldn't pass up the deal i got on it. i think i'm doing okay with it, but we all always want more.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:45 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

don't worry, you already have one. i had the old school a&a plastic dongle. ditched that and got some more boost to play with.

yes sir. the one and only.

I thought about a T-trim since i doubt i want more than around 800ish for a street car, but having room to grow is nice. i've been wanting a ysi for a while now, but i'm waiting on the right deal to come up. i got the s-trim just because i couldn't pass up the deal i got on it. i think i'm doing okay with it, but we all always want more.
"More Is Never Enough" in the FI section so not matter what you have or what you get you'll want more!!

If your goal is 800+ to the wheels be prepared to upgrade everything and it won't come cheap. I had a goal of making the most with what I had then I stopped and just enjoyed driving the car. Best of luck in your thirst for more
Old 09-30-2014, 01:34 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Ill let you know on Thursday when Im back on the dyno. We were trying to finish the tune but we were losing fuel pressure past 6k rpm. We just installed bigger pumps and will be back at it Thursday morning. Letting off at 6k with low timing at only 10psi it put down 671/577 so, through a 4L65e you figure its somewhere north of 820 at the crank. I'm hoping to see 700rwhp. V2si with a 3.4 pulley.

Oh yeah, I have a LS3 though, forged but still 6.2L and 10.0cr.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:34 AM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Yes, I said S-trim...Before my straight intake that I recently did that added another 1.5lbs of boost, I was making 688 on just straight 93, no meth.
Details on your setup?

That dyno number sounds off...especially given the fact that you are on pump with no meth.

Unless you are talking crank HP. Then that would be much more accurate.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:25 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by CamminC5
Definitely don't hurt if you know your going to want to make big power down the road.

Though I was once told that I'm opening a big can of worms by getting a YSi, it's still cool to know that unless your shooting to build some crazy sub 8 second car, a YSi is all you will ever need.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:08 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Definitely don't hurt if you know your going to want to make big power down the road.

Though I was once told that I'm opening a big can of worms by getting a YSi, it's still cool to know that unless your shooting to build some crazy sub 8 second car, a YSi is all you will ever need.
On the YSI is only you will need.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:44 AM
spoolin7
Pro

Originally Posted by Y2KRoadster
Details on your setup?

That dyno number sounds off...especially given the fact that you are on pump with no meth.

Unless you are talking crank HP. Then that would be much more accurate.
I can assure you the numbers are legit. It was ran on a $100k dynojet that's roughly a year old.

It's a stock cube LS6 with forged pistons and rods. Patriot stage 2 heads, England Green Whiplash 2 cam, custom fuel system, stock intake/t-body, Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes with ORY, Corsa cat-back, and the old school A&A V2 kit. It's nothing fancy but it all works well. It made 688 @ 11psi on straight 93 and it's now pushing 12.5psi. I'm guessing it's likely in the 710-720 range right now. I'm getting ready to swap injectors so I can move to E85 and see how much more i can gain.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:46 AM
spoolin7
Pro

Originally Posted by C5Natie
Ill let you know on Thursday when Im back on the dyno. We were trying to finish the tune but we were losing fuel pressure past 6k rpm. We just installed bigger pumps and will be back at it Thursday morning. Letting off at 6k with low timing at only 10psi it put down 671/577 so, through a 4L65e you figure its somewhere north of 820 at the crank. I'm hoping to see 700rwhp. V2si with a 3.4 pulley.

Oh yeah, I have a LS3 though, forged but still 6.2L and 10.0cr.
That's also the Si trim, which has 15% more airflow. I'm sure I'd pick up just by making that switch alone. Pretty solid numbers though.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

I can assure you the numbers are legit. It was ran on a $100k dynojet that's roughly a year old.

It's a stock cube LS6 with forged pistons and rods. Patriot stage 2 heads, England Green Whiplash 2 cam, custom fuel system, stock intake/t-body, Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes with ORY, Corsa cat-back, and the old school A&A V2 kit. It's nothing fancy but it all works well. It made 688 @ 11psi on straight 93 and it's now pushing 12.5psi. I'm guessing it's likely in the 710-720 range right now. I'm getting ready to swap injectors so I can move to E85 and see how much more i can gain.
A 100K dynojet?!

How much timing? Pulley size?

Take it to the track and see what it will trap. That is, if your IAT's don't shoot through the roof first.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:03 AM
spoolin7
Pro

Originally Posted by Y2KRoadster
A 100K dynojet?!

How much timing? Pulley size?

Take it to the track and see what it will trap. That is, if your IAT's don't shoot through the roof first.
Always easy to point out the jackasses on here. The dyno was $98k. I can get you a copy of the receipt if you wish. Or you can just go to Fathouse Fabrications' facebook page and look at the dyno yourself, then call dynojet and ask them for a quote on the same unit.

Hate all you want, but the tune is solid and the IATs are just fine. This isn't my tuner's first rodeo. He tunes more cars in a week than a lot of the so-called tuners on this site touch in a year.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:20 AM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Always easy to point out the jackasses on here. The dyno was $98k. I can get you a copy of the receipt if you wish. Or you can just go to Fathouse Fabrications' facebook page and look at the dyno yourself, then call dynojet and ask them for a quote on the same unit.

Hate all you want, but the tune is solid and the IATs are just fine. This isn't my tuner's first rodeo. He tunes more cars in a week than a lot of the so-called tuners on this site touch in a year.
I said a 100K dyno because I was making fun of the fact you actually said it like that. It was pretty funny...almost as funny as your melt down in this post.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:38 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

So are you trying to bench race on a dyno? Good luck with that cam on a 346. It will make great power up top. But we don't race on a dyno. As posted above by Y2k, any real tuner will get the car out to the track and log it with you driving. The T trim or Novi 1500 is a potent little blower that can make 800-850rwhp on 350-400 CI inch motors. It also won't yank on your crank or take a lot of power to spin like a big blower. Your NA EG cam makes good power. It works with a blower, all NA cams generally do. It's far from anything I'd put in a blown LS, but then again, every 1-2mph is important to me, and that doesn't show up in your dyno.

Get notified of new replies

To Highest hp from a V2 S-trim?

Old 10-12-2014, 02:02 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

FWIW, HP is only half the equation on track or dyno. Acceleration begins with torque, HP is a derivative from a mathematical equation using measured torque.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:18 PM
spoolin7
Pro

EDIT: guess the quotes aren't working at the moment. will fix later.

<<<@!1!@>>>

and what's funny about saying it like that? it's a very expensive, calibrated tool. they don't lie. melt down, lol. you're killing me.

<<<@!2!@>>>

track times aren't the most important to me. i built it as a street car and it does just fine for what i use it for. that being said, my tuner has spent countless hours with me doing street tuning (safe locations of course). the whiplash II isn't an NA specific cam. A&A personally uses it in a lot of their builds. it works great in almost any application, which is why it's so popular. i picked up 80whp and 100ft lbs with 1.5lbs added boost and dropping that cam in over the previous cam. if i was worried about track times, i'd probably be pickier about my setup.

<<<@!1!@>>>

you're not telling me anything i don't know. i have an engineering degree from purdue and i've been working on cars since i was 13. here's a youtube link to the last time it was on the dyno. there's a screen cap of the sheet at the end.

Last edited by spoolin7; 10-24-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:23 AM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

We made 761 rwhp @ 9psi with a Si trim.
07 C6Z06 with a cam, Sunoco 94 and meth injection.
Rob.

Quick Reply: Highest hp from a V2 S-trim?