C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks RPM transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 10:21 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default Thanks RPM transmissions

Guy's my RPM Level VII A4 trans is on it's way back to me as of today. Had to have the crew at RPM rebuild it.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:02 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

What happened to it Robert? Wasn't it fresh when Kris put the motor in? With no passes on it?
Old 10-17-2014, 07:28 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

there the best hands down...My level 7 kicks but
Old 10-17-2014, 09:25 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ajrothm
What happened to it Robert? Wasn't it fresh when Kris put the motor in? With no passes on it?
Yes only had 5 or 6 passes on it at all. Crazy azz me went and got AMSOIL trans fluid and had a good friend that has a few Class A oil and lube places chg out the full system in the car. But his guy didn't after he topped the level off run it thur the gears to totally get it full.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:02 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
Yes only had 5 or 6 passes on it at all. Crazy azz me went and got AMSOIL trans fluid and had a good friend that has a few Class A oil and lube places chg out the full system in the car. But his guy didn't after he topped the level off run it thur the gears to totally get it full.
Hopefully they paid for the rebuild...
Old 10-17-2014, 11:19 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Damn....That'll do it...

These things are picky about getting the level right for sure...and a pain in the *** to fill/top off.. Gotta take my 3" exhaust off to get the plug out...

Hopefully you have better luck with this one...
Old 10-23-2014, 11:42 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Hopefully they paid for the rebuild...
Went and talked to the owner of the class A lube. Which was a good friend before. He told me didn't see how it was his guy mistake that the fluid was low from the car. I told him have was it not since his guy pulled all of my old out and put the new in the car. But told me he didn't see how or why he should pay for it...
Old 10-23-2014, 01:13 PM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Glad you are getting her back together. RPM is good people!
Old 10-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Cutlassmaster
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts

Went and talked to the owner of the class A lube. Which was a good friend before. He told me didn't see how it was his guy mistake that the fluid was low from the car. I told him have was it not since his guy pulled all of my old out and put the new in the car. But told me he didn't see how or why he should pay for it...
Thats why no one touches my car mechanically. Weather its a motor, trans, or anything else. I do it all and buy the tools if needed. I did my trans with Amsoil 4 years ago. Pumped it out the cooler line and added an extra cooler and another filter. Been great for the last 30K miles. To many idiots out there that think they know something. Hope you can get that shop to turn into their insurance otherwise lawyer time. Cause he is obviously not a friend anymore.
Chris
Old 10-23-2014, 04:02 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Cutlassmaster
Thats why no one touches my car mechanically. Weather its a motor, trans, or anything else. I do it all and buy the tools if needed. I did my trans with Amsoil 4 years ago. Pumped it out the cooler line and added an extra cooler and another filter. Been great for the last 30K miles. To many idiots out there that think they know something. Hope you can get that shop to turn into their insurance otherwise lawyer time. Cause he is obviously not a friend anymore.
Chris
I may get a lawyer to send him a letter saying going to go to court on it if this bill is not paid. just over $2,k is a good sum to pay out for someone mistake. shipping repair then labor for having the trans pulled out.. Robert
Old 10-24-2014, 12:27 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

I have a Level X coming soon with all the supporting goodies to go with it. Time to jump ship to the auto world. Rowing them just isn't getting it done anymore!
Old 10-24-2014, 12:41 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CamminC5
I have a Level X coming soon with all the supporting goodies to go with it. Time to jump ship to the auto world. Rowing them just isn't getting it done anymore!
About time you will like the Auto in the car.. What stall did you go with in it.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:46 PM
digivex
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear RPM took good care of you

But, sorry to hear about the issues that got you to that point, although that's a common theme in this realm. You don't always "get what you pay for" and sometimes get even less... or nothing at all (perhaps a headache)

Although you'll make your point, usually the only ones to get rich through lawsuits are the lawyers (been there, done that... But, I would do it again if I felt strongly)

After going through a few rears, we worked with RPM on 9" IRS setup that we'll be testing out in the new build. They're good people
Old 10-24-2014, 01:03 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by digivex
Glad to hear RPM took good care of you

But, sorry to hear about the issues that got you to that point, although that's a common theme in this realm. You don't always "get what you pay for" and sometimes get even less... or nothing at all (perhaps a headache)

Although you'll make your point, usually the only ones to get rich through lawsuits are the lawyers (been there, done that... But, I would do it again if I felt strongly)

After going through a few rears, we worked with RPM on 9" IRS setup that we'll be testing out in the new build. They're good people
With you Dave on every thing. Got a friend to write him a good legal letter is all I will do. He will get the point still don't think he will pay but what is 50.00 more bucks.

Glad to see the new tuner is getting all of your bad crap worked out from that other mess from the other guy. Going to be one bad ride after all is done. Do you and Jay think you will get any track time before everyone closes the tracks down up your way..
Old 10-24-2014, 01:15 PM
digivex
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With you Dave on every thing. Got a friend to write him a good legal letter is all I will do. He will get the point still don't think he will pay but what is 50.00 more bucks.

Glad to see the new tuner is getting all of your bad crap worked out from that other mess from the other guy. Going to be one bad ride after all is done. Do you and Jay think you will get any track time before everyone closes the tracks down up your way..
No plans... go with the flow... still need to change the suspension around a bit

Hopefully your letter will make a point (or more)
Old 10-24-2014, 01:35 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by CamminC5
Oh you crazy man!! You gone and done did it now!!

Your going to launch yourself into orbit!!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:10 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

About time you will like the Auto in the car.. What stall did you go with in it.
Haven't given Jeremy the info to set up the stall yet, but it will be a triple disk. I'm in the UK for work right now. Have about 6 weeks left here. Torn the car down before I left so it will be ballz to the wallz when I get home!!

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Oh you crazy man!! You gone and done did it now!!

Your going to launch yourself into orbit!!
Old 10-25-2014, 11:53 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Sorry to hear about the mistake they made -

If it happens to anybody it usually happens to you Robert! I'm glad it's getting all back together!

It shouldn't be Murphy's Law anymore, it should be called Robert's Law - if it can happen it'll happen to you!

Thanks,Matt
Old 10-25-2014, 01:22 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by madmatt9471
Sorry to hear about the mistake they made -

If it happens to anybody it usually happens to you Robert! I'm glad it's getting all back together!

It shouldn't be Murphy's Law anymore, it should be called Robert's Law - if it can happen it'll happen to you!

Thanks,Matt
Matt dont have to rub it in buddy But then again Dave in here on his Purple monster has had almost a set back at every point. But is working thur them now and may be seeing day light.

Get notified of new replies

To Thanks RPM transmissions

Quick Reply: Thanks RPM transmissions