C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice procharger guys used kit install

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 08:09 AM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Advice procharger guys used kit install

Hi, Im just about to buy a procharger from a guy on the forum for 2500 bucks. The system is fairly complete and there is a HP shop in Canada where the owner claims the guy is trustworthy and that he (the shop owner) personally removed the kit and it worked fine.

The injectors aren't included, maybe a fuel pump will be needed?
All brackets are there, hoses/tubing. P1sc.

by the time shipping/paypal fees we are close to $3K. new kits cost
about $7K but have everything for sure. (if I would spend 7K I could get Magnusson)

So, in your guys opinion I ask is this a decent deal and how to find out what size injectors I need etc.?
I sent the pic to procharger and asked he same with no reply. (yet)
Thanks in advance for your input.
T
Old 10-18-2014, 09:01 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

If the seller has been on here for some time go for it. But if me I would make him agree if any parts are stuff don't work he pays for it.

I know a man is only as good as his or her word also. I think you will like this unit better than the other he said in your post.. Robert
Old 10-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Blow Torch
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Like Robert said, make sure the guy has been a member for a while.

There are a LOT of factors to consider. That is a great price, IF it is in good shape. I paid $3200 for a Procharger kit BUT, the unit had been checked out (don't want to rebuild one...) and it had the stage II mounting brackets. It had no injectors, but I wanted new ones anyway for reliability. There is a easy formula that you can plug in your #s (expected hp, fuel pump pressure, etc) and get the size injectors you will need, or you can just email or call a injector company and they will tell you what you need.
I would go ahead and put a pump in it if you are going to make any kind of power, but if you're going to start out stock and in the 450hp range, you'll be ok for now.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:52 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Blow Torch
Like Robert said, make sure the guy has been a member for a while.

There are a LOT of factors to consider. That is a great price, IF it is in good shape. I paid $3200 for a Procharger kit BUT, the unit had been checked out (don't want to rebuild one...) and it had the stage II mounting brackets. It had no injectors, but I wanted new ones anyway for reliability. There is a easy formula that you can plug in your #s (expected hp, fuel pump pressure, etc) and get the size injectors you will need, or you can just email or call a injector company and they will tell you what you need.
I would go ahead and put a pump in it if you are going to make any kind of power, but if you're going to start out stock and in the 450hp range, you'll be ok for now.
I also agree on the pump but may go with for now just a kenne bell BOP on the car.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:19 PM
corvettebob1
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by speedz06
Hi, Im just about to buy a procharger from a guy on the forum for 2500 bucks. The system is fairly complete and there is a HP shop in Canada where the owner claims the guy is trustworthy and that he (the shop owner) personally removed the kit and it worked fine.

The injectors aren't included, maybe a fuel pump will be needed?
All brackets are there, hoses/tubing. P1sc.

by the time shipping/paypal fees we are close to $3K. new kits cost
about $7K but have everything for sure. (if I would spend 7K I could get Magnusson)

So, in your guys opinion I ask is this a decent deal and how to find out what size injectors I need etc.?
I sent the pic to procharger and asked he same with no reply. (yet)
Thanks in advance for your input.
T
If it's an early kit it came with 38# injectors unless it was a tuner kit (doubt full since it's a P1) a set of Ford SVO green tops works great they are rated @42# and will get you over 500rwhp with a BOP easley.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:25 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by corvettebob1
If it's an early kit it came with 38# injectors unless it was a tuner kit (doubt full since it's a P1) a set of Ford SVO green tops works great they are rated @42# and will get you over 500rwhp with a BOP easley.
Those 42 are a great inj also plus a tuner will not have any problems working with them. All stock full system with just a kenne bell BOP on the car will work great for you man. Robert
Old 10-18-2014, 12:28 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Also get the serial number off the head unit and call procharger for records/dates.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:53 PM
KS Rebuilder
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somewhere on this forum is a post about the "True cost of supercharging". It might give you some idea of what you are getting into.
I started with a ebay $1800 complete P series procharger kit that no part is still on my car. Still have a procharger (D)but very little of the engine/driveline is now original. I am **** about having things strong enough to handle the HP.
As far as the older procharger kits go you will definitely want one of the new style brackets (mine is A&A). The old ones are a pita to change belts.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:19 PM
speedz06
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by KS Rebuilder
Somewhere on this forum is a post about the "True cost of supercharging". It might give you some idea of what you are getting into.
I started with a ebay $1800 complete P series procharger kit that no part is still on my car. Still have a procharger (D)but very little of the engine/driveline is now original. I am **** about having things strong enough to handle the HP.
As far as the older procharger kits go you will definitely want one of the new style brackets (mine is A&A). The old ones are a pita to change belts.
OK...Bought the kit: Thanks SO much for the replies gentlemen. I see 60lb injectors and 42 for sale in the fs/trade section already. Likely like to get a nice replacement fuel pump to be safe as mine already has 130K on it!

Im trying to post pics..maybe this will help out. this is all im getting nothing more I assume. The shop the man uses for his work is established (up in Canada) and says the parts are good. Supposedly has about 5 to 10K miles on it.

Found a cool link btw: http://www.superchargers4less.com/c5...stallation.htm (not to advertise for them, just the installation advice seems pretty good.)
Attached Images    

Last edited by speedz06; 10-18-2014 at 04:39 PM. Reason: adding a link of interest
Old 10-23-2014, 03:44 PM
yellowc4vert
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by speedz06
OK...Bought the kit: Thanks SO much for the replies gentlemen. I see 60lb injectors and 42 for sale in the fs/trade section already. Likely like to get a nice replacement fuel pump to be safe as mine already has 130K on it!

Im trying to post pics..maybe this will help out. this is all im getting nothing more I assume. The shop the man uses for his work is established (up in Canada) and says the parts are good. Supposedly has about 5 to 10K miles on it.

Found a cool link btw: http://www.superchargers4less.com/c5...stallation.htm (not to advertise for them, just the installation advice seems pretty good.)
Congrats on the kit!!!! I am pretty new here as well. I just finished installing a used kit that I bought on here. It went to the Dyno yesterday and I am finally driving it for the first time today. I can tell you right now you are about half way there. There are so many things that you are going to need that unless you have done it, you wouldn't realize was missing. There are spacers that go to the intercoolers. You will have to modify your radiator support or buy a new one if you don't have the capability to modify yourself. What else....Oh yeah. You need to change your fuel pump. IT IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT!!!.. Get new injectors. I didn't and my tuner had a few issues with mine. I am actually in the process of trying to find new injectors now. The biggest thing is finding the manual for your particular kit. There are several different manuals out. I can tell you for certain that you have the HO kit because it looks just like my HO kit. All in all, it wasn't hard to install if you know what your doing. It just takes some time and effort on your part. But Hey...That is part of the fun. Right now, you have a kit that came with the same items as mine so you can expect to spend around another 1200.00 in parts depending on what direction you go. The cradle is 450.00 the Pump is another 300.00 and if you go with a racetronix fuel pump harness, I believe that is another 250 or so. Then you will want to buy a dongle or something to connect the blower to the air filter. Get rid of that stupid fan and go with the dual fan set up. Otherwise it may overheat. I think that may have just covered most of it. OH yeah...New thermostat, belt, spark plugs and supercharger oil. If you have any questions, PM me and I can help. Like I said, I just finished mine yesterday.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:26 PM
Smoken1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 971 Likes on 783 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

If you can't mod your own cradle Vettenuts has them pre-made for 190.00
http://www.vettenuts.net/index.php?l...t_detail&p=320
As for replacing the stock fuel pump Not that bad of a job really. Make sure your out of gas I had 23mi to empty per the DIC.
Attached Images    

Get notified of new replies

To Advice procharger guys used kit install

Quick Reply: Advice procharger guys used kit install