C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YSi to F1x-Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:22 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
How are you passing school if you can't read Mike
Lol I missed that part of his post.

On that note op you are in a whole new class of high powered gear heads if you are bored with 1000+ hp. That's an extra special kind of sickness!

Someone on here did round about calculations for parasitic loss for various blowers and pulley sizes but I don't remember who. Shoot maybe it wasn't even here. I don't know. Have you considered throwing a shot of nitrous on top of your current combo or raising the compression of the engine slightly?
Old 10-22-2014, 11:06 PM
BoostSlam
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do it!

Buy the F1x and sell the ysi to me! I'm 30 feet away during the week .
Old 10-22-2014, 11:37 PM
Proace4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Lol I missed that part of his post.

On that note op you are in a whole new class of high powered gear heads if you are bored with 1000+ hp. That's an extra special kind of sickness!

Someone on here did round about calculations for parasitic loss for various blowers and pulley sizes but I don't remember who. Shoot maybe it wasn't even here. I don't know. Have you considered throwing a shot of nitrous on top of your current combo or raising the compression of the engine slightly?
The car has been very drama free and I love that about it. I also know about the YSi's major advantages and I really do like the way the car pulls. But to get the bigger power, I'm spinning the blower pretty good and needing bearings replaced once a season. And a belt change flat sucks to do with this current configuration. I may need to just invest in a 10 rib and gain the extra boost I'm losing from belt slip...

I'm in Kansas, no one around here makes big power in vettes for the most part. So it has nothing to do with who I hang out with, I just want more I guess. I've been to TI once, and honestly as fast as the event entries are getting, I don't know that I would even get accepted next year. That said, that event was awesome. Great team of guys and gals who put it on, I had a blast.

But these are all good things to hear, I wanted honest answers. I won't think about all the negatives. Not interested in a turbo setup. I like the ease and simplicity of a centri blower. Two years now at a decent power level and no issues really, makes me somewhat loyal/comfortable.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Proace4
Racer

Originally Posted by BoostSlam
Buy the F1x and sell the ysi to me! I'm 30 feet away during the week .
Lol that would force you to get a retune one way or another!
Old 10-23-2014, 12:38 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Proace4
The car has been very drama free and I love that about it. I also know about the YSi's major advantages and I really do like the way the car pulls. But to get the bigger power, I'm spinning the blower pretty good and needing bearings replaced once a season. And a belt change flat sucks to do with this current configuration. I may need to just invest in a 10 rib and gain the extra boost I'm losing from belt slip...

I'm in Kansas, no one around here makes big power in vettes for the most part. So it has nothing to do with who I hang out with, I just want more I guess. I've been to TI once, and honestly as fast as the event entries are getting, I don't know that I would even get accepted next year. That said, that event was awesome. Great team of guys and gals who put it on, I had a blast.

But these are all good things to hear, I wanted honest answers. I won't think about all the negatives. Not interested in a turbo setup. I like the ease and simplicity of a centri blower. Two years now at a decent power level and no issues really, makes me somewhat loyal/comfortable.

I'm assuming your running a flip drive too?
Old 10-23-2014, 01:00 AM
Proace4
Racer

Correct.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:31 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

You answered it yourself. 2 years, trouble/drama free. Can't ask for more than that. Keep it, spray it at the events.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:19 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
You answered it yourself. 2 years, trouble/drama free. Can't ask for more than that. Keep it, spray it at the events.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:45 AM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Old 10-23-2014, 10:12 AM
Proace4
Racer

lol and before long, what was just being sprayed at events... will become on on-ramps, open roads, and trips to mexico. I will become a nitrous junkie again, just using boost to hold me over until I hit the bottle again.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:24 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Proace4
lol and before long, what was just being sprayed at events... will become on on-ramps, open roads, and trips to mexico. I will become a nitrous junkie again, just using boost to hold me over until I hit the bottle again.
F1x is a terrible blower.. mine barely turned the wheels on the dyno.. TERRIBLE blower... car is so slow some times i wonder if its even running.

that being said it still drives better than @ 500 rwhp with a g6x3 cam, ICE cold AC... can sit in traffic when its 105* outside and still run cool...

IMO its all about who builds and tunes the setup for you.. ****** builder/tuner = car running like crap.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:50 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
F1x is a terrible blower.. mine barely turned the wheels on the dyno.. TERRIBLE blower... car is so slow some times i wonder if its even running.

that being said it still drives better than @ 500 rwhp with a g6x3 cam, ICE cold AC... can sit in traffic when its 105* outside and still run cool...

IMO its all about who builds and tunes the setup for you.. ****** builder/tuner = car running like crap.
Love the f1x on the RHS motor great power range up high with the f1x blower. The YSI came on sooner than the f1x does. But again old motor was 402 ls2 block.

I HAD ONE OF THE BEST TUNERS AROUND TO TUNE THE CAR. He will not take on any new cars to tune he has so much work. I had a friend to get my car into him.. I still don't think it is worth the diff from a YSI to a F1X cost diff.Robert
Old 10-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Proace4
Racer

Originally Posted by robert miller
Love the f1x on the RHS motor great power range up high with the f1x blower. The YSI came on sooner than the f1x does. But again old motor was 402 ls2 block.

I HAD ONE OF THE BEST TUNERS AROUND TO TUNE THE CAR. He will not take on any new cars to tune he has so much work. I had a friend to get my car into him.. I still don't think it is worth the diff from a YSI to a F1X cost diff.Robert
So even if I up the boost with the F1x, you wouldn't suggest it?

I am by no means a good tuner, but I take my time and approach things conservatively. I have the car running pretty well for what it is currently. Just power hungry and want more, along with wanting the car to remain multipurpose capable. Kinda, a have my cake and eat it too.

I understand that as hp increases, reliablity will naturally decrease. However I think you can sometimes add power in the safest(least destructive method) way. Just my .02.

Thanks for all the input guys.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:47 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

I've got a complete nitrous outlet plate kit unopened in the box. It has every bell and whistle with it. I'm sending it back unless somebody grabs it in the next few days. I'd also leave the YSI combo.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:01 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by robert miller

What cost difference? What did you make with the Ysi VS the f1x?

i went f1R to f1X... with not a single change but the blower i went from 926 to 1100. This dyno is pulling the R off.. putting the X on and redynoing.. both of these pulls are 93 octane pulls. we stopped the X pull since i was out of injector.. my new X setup makes considerably more.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:49 PM
blackdak318
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I really have nothing to add here just reading but... I've seen the other billet wheel YSI threads. Supposed to be worth more HP and not super expensive. Something to think about.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:05 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Still happy with the Ysi. Brett did a good tune on her problem free so far.

Get notified of new replies

To YSi to F1x-Yes or No?

Old 10-24-2014, 11:02 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

What cost difference? What did you make with the Ysi VS the f1x?

i went f1R to f1X... with not a single change but the blower i went from 926 to 1100. This dyno is pulling the R off.. putting the X on and redynoing.. both of these pulls are 93 octane pulls. we stopped the X pull since i was out of injector.. my new X setup makes considerably more.

I just know if you dont go full race car with all full out parts in your car. Pushing it to the full power of the F1X you will be breaking parts left and right. Doing that just takes ALL the fun out of the car.

If you are set on pushing that F1X to the limit like I said befor 9 inch rear under the car with a P/G or if you looking at driving it more then go with a 4l80e set up in the car.

Let see the cam spec on this motor. Just dont see the need for all of this power you are talking about no way to hold it to the ground on the street at all. Crap a good well set up 600 rwhp will take you on the street with you just spinning the rear tires.

If you floor it under 80 mph my car will just spin the tires even with a 15 inch M&H DR under it. Now if you want a FAST race car put you a big turbo on the car..
Old 10-25-2014, 12:37 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

i dont know what to tell you.. but on kill i make 1324 rwhp and dead hook 60 mph on my 15" mickeys...

sounds like a lot of people talking a out what they think might happen.. vs me actually running and f1x and commenting on what actually does happen...
Old 10-25-2014, 12:46 AM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

i dont know what to tell you.. but on kill i make 1324 rwhp and dead hook 60 mph on my 15" mickeys...

sounds like a lot of people talking a out what they think might happen.. vs me actually running and f1x and commenting on what actually does happen...
Just do it and see...

Quick Reply: YSi to F1x-Yes or No?