C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YSi to F1x-Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 02:49 AM
usmcpony
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Did you ever make the switch? If so, what's your experience between the two?
Old 11-29-2016, 10:29 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by usmcpony
YSI comes in much faster in the RPM, F1X come in more in little higher RPM range, Plus pulls like a mull up top RPM, a ton more than the YSI.

Don't get me wrong here loved the YSI, but the F1X until I got use to the pull in the higher RPM range I was a little scared of it to a point only of how much harder it pulled and just keep on pulling. Then after 3 r 4 times of doing it got use to it no big deal after that. I just got tired of breaking good parts in the car. I know that is just part of it for sure. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 11-29-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:42 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Sold all my parts from the c5 put the c5 all back to stock. It is my daily driver now, but from selling all of the c5 parts bought me a 2014 c7 lt3 conv in 2015.

I did buy me a lift have done all my work on the c7 but only put a ton of bolt on parts to the c7. But over this winter will be doing the work my self and pulling a small blower and meth on the car. Also will put a c7 rear end under the car from a stick car to get a 3:42 gear under it. Then will call it a day here on the car. Robert
Old 11-30-2016, 06:31 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

Originally Posted by robert miller
YSI comes in much faster in the RPM, F1X come in more in little higher RPM range, Plus pulls like a mull up top RPM, a ton more than the YSI.

Don't get me wrong here loved the YSI, but the F1X until I got use to the pull in the higher RPM range I was a little scared of it to a point only of how much harder it pulled and just keep on pulling. Then after 3 r 4 times of doing it got use to it no big deal after that. I just got tired of breaking good parts in the car. I know that is just part of it for sure. Robert
Did you break parts with the ysi or f1x or both? I have a guy wanting to trade a brand new f2 procharger for my 2200r. I might try to trade the f2 for a f1x. I'd like to get some feed back from people with experience before making the decision. My car isn't finished so i have no clue how a maxed out ysi feels.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:51 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Did you break parts with the ysi or f1x or both? I have a guy wanting to trade a brand new f2 procharger for my 2200r. I might try to trade the f2 for a f1x. I'd like to get some feed back from people with experience before making the decision. My car isn't finished so i have no clue how a maxed out ysi feels.
If I was going to do it again for sure would go with the F1X. Just try lower boost and just play with the F1X at the tuners and car on the rollers. This way you can stop and play with it some if you take 2 r 3 pulleys for him to play and chg out on the car to see what maybe works best for the motor set up. Robert
Old 11-30-2016, 08:15 PM
usmcpony
Drifting

Originally Posted by robert miller
If I was going to do it again for sure would go with the F1X. Just try lower boost and just play with the F1X at the tuners and car on the rollers. This way you can stop and play with it some if you take 2 r 3 pulleys for him to play and chg out on the car to see what maybe works best for the motor set up. Robert
It seems like a expensive move switching from the ysi to the f1x. Seems like more of a thrill though. Everything is built to handle the power of a f1x. Might as well use it.

Quick Reply: YSi to F1x-Yes or No?