C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YSi to F1x-Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Proace4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking at an F1x.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:03 AM
pettyboy69
Advanced

Just to chime in, I agree with what most people are saying that if you want a drag car go with an f1x, if you want more of a street car stick with what you got. As for power range of the f1x, I crew for a couple fast f1x cars that make lots of power, like over 2000whp. Uncorrected dyno sheets over 1900whp, and over 2300whp corrected. There is also the new f1x12 blower that has the same wheel size in a 13" compressor housing, one of them run it and the other runs the normal f1x. Both have been 7.30s. Cars weigh 3400lbs and run 7.30s on 275 radials in x275 and 4000 feet of air. 1.14 60ft 3.20s 330 4.70s 1/8 @ 154. They don't have hardly any problems with the blowers ever. With the gear drive they hold up pretty damn well.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:55 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

i dont understand the whole "f1x not street blower" mine drives fantasticaly.. i drove in stop and go traffic at 100*+ outside and it was fine. just driving around town the car is very calm but responsive.. i guess my tuner is just THAT good...
Old 10-31-2014, 09:06 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
i dont understand the whole "f1x not street blower" mine drives fantasticaly.. i drove in stop and go traffic at 100*+ outside and it was fine. just driving around town the car is very calm but responsive.. i guess my tuner is just THAT good...
I never said my f1x I didn't like here. The only thing is he has a YSI now YES. want to buy a F1X NEW BLOWN PIPING COST NEW INJ COST. Plus a few more misc cost of what ever if I had it to do over again just not worth it. The street will only hold so much power. But again I do like the F1X VERY NICE HEAD UNIT. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 10-31-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:25 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm agreeing with Robert, no one said the f1x is problematic on the street. The simple fact is that you can only hook so much power on the street and the Ysi comes on harder, earlier, so it's more fun on a street car that is still capable of over 1000hp.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:01 AM
Proace4
Racer

I am well aware of the supporting costs, and I am not afraid of a little work. My tuner works for free to that saves me money.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:02 AM
Proace4
Racer

Originally Posted by robert miller
I never said my f1x I didn't like here. The only thing is he has a YSI now YES. want to buy a F1X NEW BLOWN PIPING COST NEW INJ COST. Plus a few more misc cost of what ever if I had it to do over again just not worth it. The street will only hold so much power. But again I do like the F1X VERY NICE HEAD UNIT. Robert
If you aren't as happy with the bigger blower, why not sell it and put a YSi back on your new motor combo? The costs would easily offset each other if not put a little back in your pocket.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:09 AM
Arun@Dasilvamotorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you looked at the F1C-10.5?

Old 10-31-2014, 10:15 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Proace4
If you aren't as happy with the bigger blower, why not sell it and put a YSi back on your new motor combo? The costs would easily offset each other if not put a little back in your pocket.
I have it on the car now, have put all the money in the car that I am going to. Just want to be happy with it and play a little on the street and go to the track 3 or 4 times a year.

It is tuned down to just under 1,k rwhp have the car to a point hope I don't hurt any more parts for a time and just have fun with it.

Plus one good thing with the YSI if you go to a track you can get the YSI will give you the power in some many more class's of racing. Without having to have a full blown race car..

Last edited by robert miller; 10-31-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Proace4
Racer

Originally Posted by Arun@Dasilvamotorsports
Have you looked at the F1C-10.5?

I have not sir. The F1x option I have has kind of captured my attention.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:47 AM
Proace4
Racer

Originally Posted by robert miller
I have it on the car now, have put all the money in the car that I am going to. Just want to be happy with it and play a little on the street and go to the track 3 or 4 times a year.

It is tuned down to just under 1,k rwhp have the car to a point hope I don't hurt any more parts for a time and just have fun with it.

Plus one good thing with the YSI if you go to a track you can get the YSI will give you the power in some many more class's of racing. Without having to have a full blown race car..
I am not much of a class racer, usually the only time I go to the track is on a lights out/flash light race night. But you make a valid point, it would definitely limit me in certain events.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:02 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

An F1X will drive just fine on the street and the blower will be reliable if you are not trying to spin it 80k rpms... The only problem (if you wanna call it that) is it flows so much air when pullied enough to have some midrange, that you'll likely have to restrict the inlet to keep it anywhere near pump gas/E85 levels... If youre not wanting to run atleast 25 psi....or if your engine/fuel doesn't support that, then you may be creating more issues then you want.

If you run a large enough pulley on an F1X to keep the boost to a normal pump gas/meth range(say 20-22 psi) then its gonna be lazy in the midrange.

You could probably do a wastegate setup and pulley the blower to the max to get some good midrange then vent the excess boost off up top...That would be a killer setup..

At a minimum youre gonna need a 10 rib and direct drive to keep from creating slip issues.

Either way you are talking about WAY too much power to do anything with on the street... And I still think the YSI is the best street blower.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:55 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ajrothm
An F1X will drive just fine on the street and the blower will be reliable if you are not trying to spin it 80k rpms... The only problem (if you wanna call it that) is it flows so much air when pullied enough to have some midrange, that you'll likely have to restrict the inlet to keep it anywhere near pump gas/E85 levels... If youre not wanting to run atleast 25 psi....or if your engine/fuel doesn't support that, then you may be creating more issues then you want.

If you run a large enough pulley on an F1X to keep the boost to a normal pump gas/meth range(say 20-22 psi) then its gonna be lazy in the midrange.

You could probably do a wastegate setup and pulley the blower to the max to get some good midrange then vent the excess boost off up top...That would be a killer setup..

At a minimum youre gonna need a 10 rib and direct drive to keep from creating slip issues.

Either way you are talking about WAY too much power to do anything with on the street... And I still think the YSI is the best street blower.
Pushing almost 23 psi on a 4 inch pulley. Agree also on the mid range be lazy for what the blower is to a YSI. But in WOT it is wild but I am running a 8 rib with flip drive no slip at all.

If a person has a YSI now on his car & knowing what I know now with both set up's, If I had all my $$ back I would still have the YSI on the car with a 2.75 pulley on it.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:47 AM
69ls6
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made 1084/900 last week with my Ysi and I'm telling you that you will not hook it at all less then a 70 roll..I don't want to hear bs about suspension mods tires etc..I am simply over powering everything I have put under it..the new changes hits twice as hard..there no way you can hook a true 1200+ on the street..
Old 11-01-2014, 01:30 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 69ls6
I made 1084/900 last week with my Ysi and I'm telling you that you will not hook it at all less then a 70 roll..I don't want to hear bs about suspension mods tires etc..I am simply over powering everything I have put under it..the new changes hits twice as hard..there no way you can hook a true 1200+ on the street..
THANK you Rick, good to see you got that bad boy back up and going again.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:21 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Very well said from experience. I have the Ysi now on a 402. I can't imagine having a bigger blower my car is almost useless on the street right now I'm running a huge pulley just so it will hold on street then I can pull down for the track. Even at the track it's almost too much with 295/50/16 Mt. It still spins when going into 2nd gear on track. I'm sure a f1x would be fun for some hwy 70 mph hits.

Last edited by a/c man; 11-01-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:28 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I actually think post 9 was a good idea

Get notified of new replies

To YSi to F1x-Yes or No?

Old 11-01-2014, 02:48 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

define "lazy in the midrange"

i guess it all matters on the motor/intake/headers/cam.

here is my f1X car @ 24# on 93/meth and 29# c16/meth (8" crank 4" blower pully"

the only difference between the 2 is i swap inlet pipes with a restricted plate for 93 and swap to a 93 tune.

below 5200 you can NOT tell the difference SOTP.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:03 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
define "lazy in the midrange"

i guess it all matters on the motor/intake/headers/cam.

here is my f1X car @ 24# on 93/meth and 29# c16/meth (8" crank 4" blower pully"

the only difference between the 2 is i swap inlet pipes with a restricted plate for 93 and swap to a 93 tune.

below 5200 you can NOT tell the difference SOTP.

LOL.... yours is obviously not lazy in the midrange.. BUT you have the blower pullied to make big power, therefore its going to come on soon... and yours is on big inches and restricted to keep it at 25 psi...

Throw an F1x on a 370 or 402 and that same pulley combo would be 27-28 psi boost... A bit much for pump/meth.. Throw bigger pullies on it to keep the peak boost down and the blower will spool slower..

But I do think the F1x is the ultimate power maker...Just hard to use its capabilities on pump/meth..
Old 11-01-2014, 06:57 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

LOL.... yours is obviously not lazy in the midrange.. BUT you have the blower pullied to make big power, therefore its going to come on soon... and yours is on big inches and restricted to keep it at 25 psi...

Throw an F1x on a 370 or 402 and that same pulley combo would be 27-28 psi boost... A bit much for pump/meth.. Throw bigger pullies on it to keep the peak boost down and the blower will spool slower..

But I do think the F1x is the ultimate power maker...Just hard to use its capabilities on pump/meth..
you dont think with a small cube motor you could run the 8/4 and restrict it more?

Quick Reply: YSi to F1x-Yes or No?