C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I make a mistake on my new engine?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 07:15 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
3/4 lg long tube headers and x pipe with z06 ti mufflers
I read through the post and didn't see that.

Go out and have some fun with it. It makes what it makes.

Last edited by CamminC5; 10-06-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:18 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Stick a YSi onto it, smaller units are just pissing about.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:11 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Stick a YSi onto it, smaller units are just pissing about.
Ok but I also have a stock intake and tb and only a boost a pump, so this time I will need to plan better so I'm not buying things twice.

I have to do in stages so what is next?

650 hp is what I want, seems a long way away from 500 hp
Old 10-06-2015, 10:09 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Ok but I also have a stock intake and tb and only a boost a pump, so this time I will need to plan better so I'm not buying things twice.

I have to do in stages so what is next?

650 hp is what I want, seems a long way away from 500 hp
the stock intake and tb are all you need most of the 800hp cars on here run them. How much boost did your car make? Seems to me with your comb 600 hp easy unless you have a bad tune or belt slip or weak valve springs..
Old 10-06-2015, 10:24 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by a/c man
the stock intake and tb are all you need most of the 800hp cars on here run them. How much boost did your car make? Seems to me with your comb 600 hp easy unless you have a bad tune or belt slip or weak valve springs..
I was not there but I know the tuner was asking about the springs! This motors was built by sdpc for boost it was a long block with ported ls6 heads, my mechanic was supposed to fill in the tuner on the motor but he did not have the info with him, he called me but I'm out of state and build sheet is at home. So would sdpc not use good springs? I thought they had a good rep! I've got a pic...

could you guys tell from pic?
Old 10-06-2015, 11:30 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

I was not there but I know the tuner was asking about the springs! This motors was built by sdpc for boost it was a long block with ported ls6 heads, my mechanic was supposed to fill in the tuner on the motor but he did not have the info with him, he called me but I'm out of state and build sheet is at home. So would sdpc not use good springs? I thought they had a good rep! I've got a pic...

could you guys tell from pic?
the springs look good
Old 10-07-2015, 12:02 AM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

I must say again that Josh at A&A did say they had problems getting over 500 hp out of a 383 built like this, I can't remember the exact conversation but the comp ratio 9.5 was part of it. Problem was I already had blower and motor was already being built so I was stuck! Not sure why some can get it while others can't. Did anyone with a similar set up reading this have this experience and overcome it without a new head unit?
Old 10-07-2015, 12:26 AM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

I must say again that Josh at A&A did say they had problems getting over 500 hp out of a 383 built like this, I can't remember the exact conversation but the comp ratio 9.5 was part of it. Problem was I already had blower and motor was already being built so I was stuck! Not sure why some can get it while others can't. Did anyone with a similar set up reading this have this experience and overcome it without a new head unit?
I had a similar combo but it had a p1sc idk if it's a bigger blower than yours but it made 600-650 rwhp and it was automatic

Last edited by a/c man; 10-07-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:43 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

I'd have thought more along the lines of it would be a struggle to keep power below 500hp on a 383.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:37 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Stock motor with cam and headers made ~700whp and ran 139 in the 1/4 rolling out softly so it wouldn't break anything. Not sure why the 383 doesn't cooperate. Post up the dyno graph when you get a chance.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKTPerformance
Stock motor with cam and headers made ~700whp and ran 139 in the 1/4 rolling out softly so it wouldn't break anything. Not sure why the 383 doesn't cooperate. Post up the dyno graph when you get a chance.
This is all I have for now is a screen shot....not very good can't see whole graph

Old 10-07-2015, 01:11 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

All the graphs look very erratic ?
Old 10-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
All the graphs look very erratic ?
I know? Not sure what that means. I've seen graphs like this but not usually the whole way! Maybe a tuner can comment on it, I was not able to be there I'm out of town, so I could not ask tuner any questions. I know my cars computer would not take the last tune update, so they are replacing the pcm (if that is the right term) today to try to load it, could the cars computer be causing that?
I'm starting a new thread with the results of this build.

Last edited by Forcedvert; 10-08-2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Starting new thread
Old 10-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Pitufina
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

What the!! Is that AFR at the bottom left is accurate? Something is definitely wrong. Good luck finding out what the issue is. Who's your tuner? Matt@ FSP is one of the most recognized tuners in the tampa area.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:37 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Smoothing is turned off on the dynojet software, hence the erratic curves. Also the numbers are in STD correction, so they are slightly lower in reality with the SAE correction.

How much boost ? Belt slip? Timing? KR? How about an air fuel graph we can actually see? No one will be able to tell you what's wrong until we get some more info...
Old 10-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Smoothing is turned off on the dynojet software, hence the erratic curves. Also the numbers are in STD correction, so they are slightly lower in reality with the SAE correction.

How much boost ? Belt slip? Timing? KR? How about an air fuel graph we can actually see? No one will be able to tell you what's wrong until we get some more info...
I'm going to be home next week, I was trying to get my mechanic to send me more info but that was all I got. I will post up info in the other thread, as soon as I get more info/ graphs, what's KR?
Old 10-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Pitufina
What the!! Is that AFR at the bottom left is accurate? Something is definitely wrong. Good luck finding out what the issue is. Who's your tuner? Matt@ FSP is one of the most recognized tuners in the tampa area.
Reading > you.

It says MAX AFR....look at your wideband when you shift or let off the gas at high RPM....I bet it leans out all the way

That dyno graph looks pretty similar to how a lot of them look before smoothing is applied
Old 10-19-2015, 07:05 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Milan
Reading > you.

It says MAX AFR....look at your wideband when you shift or let off the gas at high RPM....I bet it leans out all the way

That dyno graph looks pretty similar to how a lot of them look before smoothing is applied
Thanks for answering the questions, I was sure my tuner would know if that was a problem, I just have no experience with this stuff. I knew the car was actually rich before it was put on dyno, I could see it on plugs, smell it and see it on wideband gauge. Do you have any thoughts on the hp number?

Quick Reply: Did I make a mistake on my new engine?