C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for help, want more power

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 03:03 PM
prochargedz
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Looking for help, want more power

02z stock heads already have the following

Pro charger d1sc
Forged lunati rods
Forged pistons (diamond?) can't remember
Comp blower cam
8 rib ecs bracket
Boost a pump
60lb Motron injectors
Upgraded fuel pump, also forgot. It's been a while ****** tune, super rich and burns eye.
Lg long tubes
Ghl exhaust.
Car made 515rwhp but it made a lot more when I had the p1sc set up. Something ain't right.

Stuff to install
Dewitt's n oil cooler in one.

Pls give me some input so I can bring this beast alive. I am thinking I need a new fuel set up to strart
Old 10-26-2014, 03:23 PM
knightz06
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm no expert like the guys here but super rich and ****** tune means new tuner for one , its a procharger so maybe Dallas performance big mouth kit, pulley down switch to e85 or meth , I'm sure the bid dogs will chime in to help I've received a lot of good advice from these guys
Old 10-26-2014, 03:27 PM
prochargedz
Pro

Looking up big mouth kit
Old 10-26-2014, 03:41 PM
prochargedz
Pro

Aw crap. I don't have the cut dn Dewitt . I bought it 3 yrs go n no time to install it. I guess I can sell it
Old 10-26-2014, 03:48 PM
knightz06
Racer

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ke-review.html

a review by one of our vette brothers
Old 10-26-2014, 06:04 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

how much boost?... it seems really low to me, I have similar mods with a d1 @ 12psi making over 700rwhp... do you have hptuners or something to datalog?... that might give you some insight and get it to a good tuner
Old 10-26-2014, 07:07 PM
knightz06
Racer

Originally Posted by neutron82
how much boost?... it seems really low to me, I have similar mods with a d1 @ 12psi making over 700rwhp... do you have hptuners or something to datalog?... that might give you some insight and get it to a good tuner
man all time great avatar man , rowdy piper was awesome class film
Old 10-26-2014, 07:35 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by knightz06
man all time great avatar man , rowdy piper was awesome class film
lol thanks man, definitely one of my favs
Old 10-26-2014, 08:23 PM
prochargedz
Pro

Motor was assembled by a local guy. Had issues so took it to a famous vette place. They changed out the racetronix pump some other stuff and tuned it. I guess they were having a bad day bc I still have the oil leak and one of the ribs was off the pulley when I showed it to a local vette mechanic.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:24 PM
prochargedz
Pro

Can u tell me your mods? I be very happy with 700
Old 10-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Shoaf85
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Yea you should probably verify AFR and timing.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:58 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by prochargedz
Motor was assembled by a local guy. Had issues so took it to a famous vette place. They changed out the racetronix pump some other stuff and tuned it. I guess they were having a bad day bc I still have the oil leak and one of the ribs was off the pulley when I showed it to a local vette mechanic.
what did it make before with the p1 and what was changed besides switching to a d1?... how much boost did it make when it was tuned with the d1 and what size pulley??... what issues did you have with the motor?... why did they change the pump and what did they put in its place?... do you have a boost/fuel pressure gauge and wideband in the car to see what is going on?... if you have a decent pump and boost a pump looped for full voltage I think you should be ok for fuel as long as you aren't seeing over 10psi and assuming everything is installed properly and in working order... if the belt is coming off the pulleys it could either be too loose/too long causing it to slip or your pulleys could be out of alignment... need to be more specific in order for us to be able to help
Old 10-26-2014, 10:29 PM
prochargedz
Pro

what did it make before with the p1 and what was changed besides switching to a d1?... how much boost did it make when it was tuned with the d1 and what size pulley??... what issues did you have with the motor?... why did they change the pump and what did they put in its place?... do you have a boost/fuel pressure gauge and wideband in the car to see what is going on?... if you have a decent pump and boost a pump looped for full voltage I think you should be ok for fuel as long as you aren't seeing over 10psi and assuming everything is installed properly and in working order... if the belt is coming off the pulleys it could either be too loose/too long causing it to slip or your pulleys could be out of alignment... need to be more specific in order for us to be able to help

Ok, when I first bought the car it came with the p1sc. It had the 3x lbs something injectors with it. After 1000 miles of owner ship there was a lot of oil spewing out the exhaust and the #4 piston failed. Giant hole. I bought it on ebay n got screwed. There was slight oil on the bumper when I looked at it but the owner said it was bc the car was catless. I have never owned a v8 or any other sportscar. I have an rx7. I m more knowledgeable with those.

So I had to get the motor rebuilt. My assistant husband use to race mustangs so I let him rebuild my motor. After 4500 in labor alone, I found an oil leak. He won't stand by his work so I got fed up and took it to a very reputable vendor on here. I paid them almost 3k to look it over, fix the leak and retune. They said my new racetronix pump was bad so they replaced it with another one. They tried to tune it on a very hot august day and got 515 to the wheels. I got the car back and it seemed like gone belt was making a funky noise. Took it to a local vette mechanic and he found out 1 of the ribs was off the pulley.

I changed it to a d1sc, added forged rods, forged pistons, bigger ecs bracket,racetronix pump n kenne belle boost a pump along with afr gauges. The pulley is less than 4 inches when I measured it. Maybe 3.85ish.

Over 10k into the car after it blew up just to have less power n leak. I got so fed up I parked it. I have my rx7 and cbr1000.

After all this life happened. My wife and I are on our 5th round of ivf. All things came to a halt bc there was just not enough $$$$ left. I now have a wonderful son and he loves my vette. I was gonna sell it but I didn't want someone to get screwed . I want to fix it up n keep it or sell it once it is all sorted out.

The leak is coming from front cover. Thanks
Old 10-26-2014, 10:30 PM
prochargedz
Pro

They told me 10lbs. I rarely see that on the gauge
Old 10-26-2014, 10:42 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

You have an "assistant husband"?
Old 10-26-2014, 10:43 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by prochargedz
Ok, when I first bought the car it came with the p1sc. It had the 3x lbs something injectors with it. After 1000 miles of owner ship there was a lot of oil spewing out the exhaust and the #4 piston failed. Giant hole. I bought it on ebay n got screwed. There was slight oil on the bumper when I looked at it but the owner said it was bc the car was catless. I have never owned a v8 or any other sportscar. I have an rx7. I m more knowledgeable with those.

So I had to get the motor rebuilt. My assistant husband use to race mustangs so I let him rebuild my motor. After 4500 in labor alone, I found an oil leak. He won't stand by his work so I got fed up and took it to a very reputable vendor on here. I paid them almost 3k to look it over, fix the leak and retune. They said my new racetronix pump was bad so they replaced it with another one. They tried to tune it on a very hot august day and got 515 to the wheels. I got the car back and it seemed like gone belt was making a funky noise. Took it to a local vette mechanic and he found out 1 of the ribs was off the pulley.

I changed it to a d1sc, added forged rods, forged pistons, bigger ecs bracket,racetronix pump n kenne belle boost a pump along with afr gauges. The pulley is less than 4 inches when I measured it. Maybe 3.85ish.

Over 10k into the car after it blew up just to have less power n leak. I got so fed up I parked it. I have my rx7 and cbr1000.

After all this life happened. My wife and I are on our 5th round of ivf. All things came to a halt bc there was just not enough $$$$ left. I now have a wonderful son and he loves my vette. I was gonna sell it but I didn't want someone to get screwed . I want to fix it up n keep it or sell it once it is all sorted out.

The leak is coming from front cover. Thanks
well I assure you something is definitely very wrong... I made 12psi with a 4.38 pulley in cool weather... I'm not sure about your elevation but you should be seeing a good amount of boost with a 3.85, the size should be stamped on the face of the pulley... and with your mods you should be at least 650 to the wheels possibly more... I would get that thing back to whoever tuned it and ask what's up... either the tune is off, something is wrong with the belt setup, or something is up with the motor... hopefully nothing severe but if the cam wasn't installed properly and is out of time then I'm not sure if any tuner can fix that without having to go back in the motor and reinstall the chain... good news is if they do have to check the cam timing they can fix the leak from the front cover, most likely whoever did it didn't align the front cover properly... I've been down that road myself... if the shop you went to is in fact a reputable one I don't see how they could have missed the problem or not be able to diagnose/correct the issue
Old 10-26-2014, 10:44 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
You have an "assistant husband"?
I saw that too, I'm just going to assume he meant "assistants husband"

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for help, want more power

Old 10-27-2014, 08:28 AM
prochargedz
Pro

I saw that too, I'm just going to assume he meant "assistants husband"
Assistant's husband, all the stuff I wrote and this is what the forum sees. Rofl.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:10 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Just giving you a hard time. I agree with others, get it checked out and a retune.
Old 10-28-2014, 10:12 PM
prochargedz
Pro

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Just giving you a hard time. I agree with others, get it checked out and a retune.
Np, does anyone know what's this smallest pulley you can use with a d1Sc or when my 60 lb injectors max out. I need to know if I have to upgrade the fuel system

Quick Reply: Looking for help, want more power