C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS blower build

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 09:23 AM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm going to give the fuel ring another shot at installation, hoping I can get it on today and finish up the system.

In other news, METH

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:47 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by nullpointer
I'm going to give the fuel ring another shot at installation, hoping I can get it on today and finish up the system. In other news, METH
Woohoo

I got some too!

Name:  image-990139314.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  414.3 KB
Old 03-28-2015, 04:02 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Woohoo

I got some too!

Attachment 47873014
Nice!! I can't track down ANY VP in my area, damn upstate NY.

For anyone who didn't see my other thread, I finally installed the ECS fuel ring and stage 1 pump.

I had to order a -6 AN 3ft hose section as I moved the pump forward to clear my Z06 ducts. Also I want to try a straight hose end off the ring to remove the odd bends that happen with the 45* that came with the kit. Relieved this is finally in, aiming to have the rest of the kit finished during the week. Ahh it will be nice to work on car stuff during the week, and not work 80 hours.

Then with the car on the ground I will finish the wiring for the meth kit and install gauges. Dyno is coming in a few weeks, but it snowed last night

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:45 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Nice!! I can't track down ANY VP in my area, damn upstate NY.

For anyone who didn't see my other thread, I finally installed the ECS fuel ring and stage 1 pump.

I had to order a -6 AN 3ft hose section as I moved the pump forward to clear my Z06 ducts. Also I want to try a straight hose end off the ring to remove the odd bends that happen with the 45* that came with the kit. Relieved this is finally in, aiming to have the rest of the kit finished during the week. Ahh it will be nice to work on car stuff during the week, and not work 80 hours.

Then with the car on the ground I will finish the wiring for the meth kit and install gauges. Dyno is coming in a few weeks, but it snowed last night
Woohoo

I finally found a 3000GT based shop that was in a nearby city I drive through often for work.. so I stopped by there one afternoon and picked that can up

My new ECS charge tube (card style MAF) shipped on Friday, so I just need to get an IAT bung welded in it then I'll be ready to finish installing the meth setup. Have the new IAT/MAF/Wiring connectors already so it's just the one bung I'm missing. Hopefully I can find someone local to weld it in for me and do a decent job
Old 03-28-2015, 04:55 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Woohoo

I finally found a 3000GT based shop that was in a nearby city I drive through often for work.. so I stopped by there one afternoon and picked that can up

My new ECS charge tube (card style MAF) shipped on Friday, so I just need to get an IAT bung welded in it then I'll be ready to finish installing the meth setup. Have the new IAT/MAF/Wiring connectors already so it's just the one bung I'm missing. Hopefully I can find someone local to weld it in for me and do a decent job
Nooice! Are you going to finish up the tune on the dyno, or street tune it?
Old 03-28-2015, 04:59 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Nooice! Are you going to finish up the tune on the dyno, or street tune it?
I'm going to do all I can on the street first.. then going to try to use a dyno that's not too far away to finish the top end. I'm not sure if they'll let me use it or if they have to do it or what. I'm hoping I can pay for 30 minutes to an hour of dyno time and just finish the tuning myself but we'll see

Once I get into boost over 3,000 RPM's or so, things start going too quick for the street..

I am on the verge of breaking down and buying a set of ID's, so that should make tuning a little easier

How about you? Doing your own tuning or taking it to a shop?
Old 03-28-2015, 05:06 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

I'm going to do all I can on the street first.. then going to try to use a dyno that's not too far away to finish the top end. I'm not sure if they'll let me use it or if they have to do it or what. I'm hoping I can pay for 30 minutes to an hour of dyno time and just finish the tuning myself but we'll see

Once I get into boost over 3,000 RPM's or so, things start going too quick for the street..

I am on the verge of breaking down and buying a set of ID's, so that should make tuning a little easier

How about you? Doing your own tuning or taking it to a shop?
Hope they can just let you rent the dyno, that's what I've done for a few years. ID's would def help, if I add any more boost I will just bite the bullet and get them too.

I've tuned my car in the past, along with some local cars. I don't have the time, nor passion to do it anymore. Going with a local shop that has tuned some friends cars with success. I'll keep an eye on it, but I don't want to do much myself. Rather turn the key and beat the hell out of it honestly. The shop I am going with has a heart breaker of a mustang dyno so I am only in it for the trap speeds. Dyno numbers wont mean much to me, but hitting 650s on a stingy dyno would be sweet.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:20 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Threw my gauges in - Autometer boost (with bowtie for extra HP) and Prosport fuel pressure so I can get some sort of alarm if fuel pressure drops. Shouldn't with the ECS FS, but I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:21 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Hope they can just let you rent the dyno, that's what I've done for a few years. ID's would def help, if I add any more boost I will just bite the bullet and get them too.

I've tuned my car in the past, along with some local cars. I don't have the time, nor passion to do it anymore. Going with a local shop that has tuned some friends cars with success. I'll keep an eye on it, but I don't want to do much myself. Rather turn the key and beat the hell out of it honestly. The shop I am going with has a heart breaker of a mustang dyno so I am only in it for the trap speeds. Dyno numbers wont mean much to me, but hitting 650s on a stingy dyno would be sweet.
Gotcha--yeah that would be nice . I'm on the opposite end for this particular build. I'm going for more of the budget end while trying to not skimp on parts where it matter. Thus, ID's are likely in my future.

But, if I can manage to have a 600rwhp C6 for < $25K total, including purchasing the car, I'll say that's a pretty good outcome IMO
Old 03-28-2015, 05:21 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Threw my gauges in - Autometer boost (with bowtie for extra HP) and Prosport fuel pressure so I can get some sort of alarm if fuel pressure drops. Shouldn't with the ECS FS, but I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Running a wideband?
Old 03-28-2015, 05:22 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

But, if I can manage to have a 600rwhp C6 for < $25K total, including purchasing the car, I'll say that's a pretty good outcome IMO
That would be an awesome outcome That's what I paid for my stock Z06 8 years ago
Old 03-28-2015, 05:25 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Running a wideband?
Yep, AFX but its going in the ashtray area as I have no clean way to mount it on pillar. It will be joined by the alky box.

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:31 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

That would be an awesome outcome That's what I paid for my stock Z06 8 years ago
That still sounds like a pretty good price!

Yep, AFX but its going in the ashtray area as I have no clean way to mount it on pillar. It will be joined by the alky box.

Gotcha.. just making sure

That plate looks nice
Old 03-28-2015, 05:32 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

That still sounds like a pretty good price!
It was back then, the guy was asking $35k. I had to make the 8 hour drive so I said $25k and I'll be there next day and he took it. I almost fell over lol
Old 03-28-2015, 05:34 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

It was back then, the guy was asking $35k. I had to make the 8 hour drive so I said $25k and I'll be there next day and he took it. I almost fell over lol
lol, I've been on both ends of that one.. offered people cash for stuff and they say COME GET IT.. then there's been times I've just wanted something gone and told them to come get it.

I'm low balling people with SUV's right now trying to find someone that's ready to give one away
Old 03-28-2015, 05:36 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

lol, I've been on both ends of that one.. offered people cash for stuff and they say COME GET IT.. then there's been times I've just wanted something gone and told them to come get it.

I'm low balling people with SUV's right now trying to find someone that's ready to give one away
haha

Tow vehicle or retiring the vette from DD duty? Or do you expect more snowy winters in beautiful NC?
Old 03-28-2015, 05:51 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

haha

Tow vehicle or retiring the vette from DD duty? Or do you expect more snowy winters in beautiful NC?
Semi-retiring the Corvette from DD duty.. And I need something to drive for work that doesn't beat the hell out of me. Gets tough to take clients around with only one extra seat too. Being able to tow something would be a nice bonus though! Got a nice lead on an Escalade but it needs a little work. We'll see

Can't complain about the weather down here compared to what you guys see.. other than the yo-yo'ing it's usually pretty nice. 80 to freezing in the same week seems to be the norm lately though

Get notified of new replies

To ECS blower build

Old 04-01-2015, 08:51 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Holy **** **** fuel system fights me in every way that it can. Put in a few hours today and made the fuel lines.

Then I attempted to fit the fuel line between the frame and the body, yea that wasn't happening. I cut out some metal that was in my way, thin stuff so no worries. Then I sanded smooth and put a coat of paint on it. Tried to put the AN fitting through and no dice, it won't fit. I'm going to put a few more coats of paint on so its not bare metal and then lube the bitch up and try to get it through.

I LOL'd and swore at the directions, going to use them in the bathroom because that's what they are good for. At least the block that connects the pump to the stock system went in easy

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:29 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

did you try getting it through from the backside of the frame first (the side where the fuel filter is)?... it was a tight fit just getting my stock return line out from that area... only other thing I could think of it it absolutely won't fit is to remove one of the hose ends, slide the hose through, then reinstall the hose end from under the car
Old 04-03-2015, 12:07 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

I ended up taking neutron82's advice, removing the hose end and installing once the hose passes through. No way it was going to work with the fitting installed.

I picked up some padded clamps to secure the hose, and I need to get something to put on the line where it passed through the frame.

The wiring harness was fed through the rockers and connected. Negative is made just not installed.

Had the day off but that got canceled so I will finish up tonight.

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 07:30 PM.

Quick Reply: ECS blower build