C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS blower build

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 03:59 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Some parts for sale off my NA build or parts from ECS kit I do not need

Injectors:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...injectors.html

PB Balancer:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-balancer.html

ECS Fuel pump booster:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...p-booster.html
Old 11-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Matt @ FSP
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Sweet!!!

Looking good so far bud.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:03 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP
Sweet!!!

Looking good so far bud.
Thanks Matt! I'll be calling next month for a fuel system/meth kit ... oh and some FSP swag
Old 11-21-2014, 02:37 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Slight delay in the build due to weather

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:13 AM
nullpointer
Drifting

Matt@FSP is having some great black friday deals so I picked up
  • ECS stage 1 fuel system
  • Alky meth kit
Old 12-06-2014, 10:07 AM
nullpointer
Drifting

Slow progress due to working a ton, but I managed to clean the heads. Still need to swap in the new spring kit/seals/etc. It was a pain removing the graphite gasket material. My remflex gaskets came in too, they should help with the exhaust leak on the one cylinder.

Also received my degree'ing kit for heads off LS motors. Tomorrow I will begin cleaning off the block which should be a PITA.

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:05 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Work and traveling have kept me busy so no major updates. Received the rest of my ECS fuel kit today.

Going to try to track down my meth kit tomorrow. Saturday I'll be putting in a good 3-4 hours if not more. Cleaning the old gasket off the block, installing cam, etc. Slowly making progress

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:23 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Made some progress today! On my previous head/cam build I used the incorrect head gaskets so I had a graphite mess to deal with. Razor blade, green scrub pad and acetone worked wonders.

After some more cleaning it was time to install the new Tick Performance stage 1 ls2 blower cam. Prepped the cam with lucas assembly lube and wow that stuff is slick and sticky. Slide right in

Installed the new cover and bolts, timing gear, ls2 hd chain, dot to dot. Also using the comp cams camshaft bolt locking kit, good piece of mind for $12.

Tomorrow I hope to degree the cam, once that's deemed acceptable its oil pump and timing cover time. I magically have a few days off so I will put some more work in, aiming to start blower install this month.

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:26 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Cleaned out the head bolt holes in the block, lots of **** in the threads. Attempted to degree cam but the kit did not include all the necessary parts, also the instructions are far from complete. So for a degreeing newb it takes some research to make sure I am doing it correctly. Going to really wrench on it after xmas.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:49 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Put in a few hours today and verified that the cam is installed properly (within 0.5). This took most of my time as I went slow and made a few mistakes. Then I worked on installing the oil pump and pickup.

Next was the cover using the saccitycorvette alignit tool, hope this prevents any leaking.

Once that was completed I chased the header bolt holes and blew them out with the air compressor. Then I used q-tips to clean out any crap in the water jackets. Tomorrow I will be installing the heads or balancer (I need to rent a tq wrench that can exceed 200 lbft). Still on schedule to start bolting the blower on next weekend.

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:53 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Heads are ready to be put back on the car

Rented a tq wrench to hit the ARP crank bolts 235 lb ft. Going to get the balancer on tomorrow and the heads. Saturday starts the blower install finally!

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:01 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Heads look good!

Good luck with the install
Old 12-31-2014, 07:57 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Heads look good!

Good luck with the install
Thanks Enjoyed your build thread with your kit - How are you liking it?
Old 12-31-2014, 09:05 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

Things are moving along nicely - looks good!

Thanks,Matt
Old 12-31-2014, 10:51 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by nullpointer
Thanks Enjoyed your build thread with your kit - How are you liking it?
I haven't had a single issue since the fiasco with the balancer falling apart (not a fault of the kit, obviously..), so that is good. I'm not sure of the mileage so far, but I'm guessing I've put at least 1000 miles on the car since the install.

I think I'm going to install a new belt and keep the one that is on there now that is stretched out a little bit in the trunk as a spare. I would hate to try to put a brand new one on on the side of the road if it ever were to break. I bought one 5mm longer than ECS sends and it still barely went on.

I'm still working on tuning though, so haven't been able to really get on it. I also don't think my original 100K mile clutch will handle much, so I'm looking at a Mantic 9000 already (and a meth kit). This thing wants to GO though..

Just driving down the road the bypass valve on the intercooler is opened up and dumps a lot of the air from SC, which makes quite a bit of noise.. when you start giving it a little more gas you'll hear that close and it gets eerily quiet and the car wants to take off at the same time. It's taking everything I have not to just lay into it

Soon, though. Soon.

Oh, and if you're getting on it enough to make the bypass valve close, then shift (bypass valve opens/tons of air dumps out), it sounds awesome.. very similar to the blow off valve on a turbocharged car during shifts

Last edited by schpenxel; 12-31-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:16 PM
IH8FORD
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice build cool to see your a local guy I will know not to mess with your car lol.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:09 AM
GeneSch
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I haven't had a single issue since the fiasco with the balancer falling apart (not a fault of the kit, obviously..), so that is good. I'm not sure of the mileage so far, but I'm guessing I've put at least 1000 miles on the car since the install.

I think I'm going to install a new belt and keep the one that is on there now that is stretched out a little bit in the trunk as a spare. I would hate to try to put a brand new one on on the side of the road if it ever were to break. I bought one 5mm longer than ECS sends and it still barely went on.

I'm still working on tuning though, so haven't been able to really get on it. I also don't think my original 100K mile clutch will handle much, so I'm looking at a Mantic 9000 already (and a meth kit). This thing wants to GO though..

Just driving down the road the bypass valve on the intercooler is opened up and dumps a lot of the air from SC, which makes quite a bit of noise.. when you start giving it a little more gas you'll hear that close and it gets eerily quiet and the car wants to take off at the same time. It's taking everything I have not to just lay into it

Soon, though. Soon.

Oh, and if you're getting on it enough to make the bypass valve close, then shift (bypass valve opens/tons of air dumps out), it sounds awesome.. very similar to the blow off valve on a turbocharged car during shifts
Did you get the standard or quiet blow off valve?

Get notified of new replies

To ECS blower build

Old 01-01-2015, 09:44 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by GeneSch
Did you get the standard or quiet blow off valve?
I didn't know there was an option , Matt never asked which I wanted.. so I'm not sure

If this isn't the loud one then I would hate to see it
Old 01-01-2015, 06:03 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Originally Posted by IH8FORD
Nice build cool to see your a local guy I will know not to mess with your car lol.
haha PM me once the weather breaks and we can take a cruise

I didn't know there was an option , Matt never asked which I wanted.. so I'm not sure

If this isn't the loud one then I would hate to see it
Tial Q is the loud one, I opted for that Your review is awesome, everything that I hoped for.

Some progress from today:

ARP head studs installed

Morel link bar lifters in

MLS gasket with copper spray installed. Used it on both sides but only took a picture of one.

One head on and torqued down, second in progress

Both heads installed

Saturday I will pin the crank, install balancer, and begin the blower install

I don't think I posted this on CF but my meth kit came a few weeks ago

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:57 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

I made good progress today

Balancer w/ ARP bolt, ECS AC bracket

Rack back in

Water pump, PS pump, PS cooler installed

ECS fixed idler, PS res, and... HEAD UNIT IS ON

It was a frustrating day with the normal snags when putting things back in place. However I didn't expect to have to take my dremel to the ECS bracket to be able to fit a craftsman socket so I can tighten the bolt.

Gates laser alignment tool will be here Tuesday and I will make sure everything is aligned. Good thing I know this car pretty well, the ECS instructions leave a LOT to be desired.

Still have a lot of work to do but wow it feels great to have the head unit installed I need some rum!

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-03-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Quick Reply: ECS blower build