C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 07:47 AM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by momo20
my ecs kit sounds amazing and turns heads no matter where I am at. and is plenty fast, not sure why would you want to spend all the extra money on pointless things that you really don't need.
Any kit will probably make enough power for me as I no longer drag or street race.
Though, I would enjoy a half mile or mile event on a closed runway. Anyone know if convertibles have restrictions at these events?

I agree PD kits do require you to spend money on additional parts I don't really want or need (hood), but sometimes you have to pay to play.

What I have noticed is that A&A and ESC kits are not really noticeable when the car has headers/CAM and a loud exhaust, which my car already has. As mentioned prior. I love the whine of the SC. Just different strokes for different folks.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by 540i 6spd
Any kit will probably make enough power for me as I no longer drag or street race.
Though, I would enjoy a half mile or mile event on a closed runway. Anyone know if convertibles have restrictions at these events?

I agree PD kits do require you to spend money on additional parts I don't really want or need (hood), but sometimes you have to pay to play.

What I have noticed is that A&A and ESC kits are not really noticeable when the car has headers/CAM and a loud exhaust, which my car already has. As mentioned prior. I love the whine of the SC. Just different strokes for different folks.
My a&a kit with a d1sc and tial 50 says otherwise..You can hear it about a block away..This was at 4psi with a base tune from 3k-4k...It now makes 11psi and 668/556 at the wheels

Last edited by Chicago1; 11-18-2014 at 10:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
NWPhoto (06-17-2019)
Old 11-18-2014, 07:18 PM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chicago1
My a&a kit with a d1sc and tial 50 says otherwise..You can hear it about a block away..This was at 4psi with a base tune from 3k-4k...It now makes 11psi and 668/556 at the wheels

Chicago1 D1SC c5 Coupe - YouTube
Yes, your tial clearly has a lot to say .

Last edited by 540i 6spd; 11-19-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:31 PM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

I did, that sound is addicting to me..... Your correct, about noise over power. I think 525-550 will be enough as I currently sit at just over 400 whp now.

I'll have to search for video's on the TVS. I look forward to hearing your review on it.
I dug up a vid of my car at the runway, it has the magnuson
30mm overdrive cogs
Excuse my MUG !!

Old 11-19-2014, 07:40 PM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LedfootLarry
I dug up a vid of my car at the runway, it has the magnuson
30mm overdrive cogs
Excuse my MUG !!

Now that is what I'm talking about . What did you end up running? I'm going to do one next year. My wife wants to ride along after watching your video!!! This is the TVS2300, correct?

Last edited by 540i 6spd; 11-19-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:12 PM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

I ran 154 & 157 in the half mile
Old 11-21-2014, 10:45 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

the TVS2300 is definitely your best bet for a PD blower on the C5. that Whipple you posted in the beginning was a guy on here that spent a ton of time & cash fabbing parts to make a 3.3 work on his Z because Whipple wasn't doing anything for vettes at the time.

i've had my TVS for 3.5yrs & 15k+ mi, and i ain't got no regrets. i've just got exhaust on a stock LS1 for now @ 10psi for about 520hp (about 3400' altitude). was 11psi & 540 in TX. the cogs do make a great sound & that's one of my next mods... but more to prevent belt slip than anything. ps - i still need to hear Nitro's 50mm
and even staying on low boost, go ahead & start with a 1:1 or overdrive with a big snout pulley. i wish i had somebody to tell me that when i bought mine... that way all you have to do is swap the front smaller when you want more out of it - piece of cake!
Old 11-23-2014, 08:21 AM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

I ran 154 & 157 in the half mile
That is moving.

Originally Posted by _zebra
the TVS2300 is definitely your best bet for a PD blower on the C5. that Whipple you posted in the beginning was a guy on here that spent a ton of time & cash fabbing parts to make a 3.3 work on his Z because Whipple wasn't doing anything for vettes at the time.

i've had my TVS for 3.5yrs & 15k+ mi, and i ain't got no regrets. i've just got exhaust on a stock LS1 for now @ 10psi for about 520hp (about 3400' altitude). was 11psi & 540 in TX. the cogs do make a great sound & that's one of my next mods... but more to prevent belt slip than anything. ps - i still need to hear Nitro's 50mm
and even staying on low boost, go ahead & start with a 1:1 or overdrive with a big snout pulley. i wish i had somebody to tell me that when i bought mine... that way all you have to do is swap the front smaller when you want more out of it - piece of cake!

So this is what you wish you would have started with?

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...3#.VHHfBDN0zIU
Old 11-23-2014, 09:08 AM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

The price of developing these pd blowers is very expensive!
This is one of the things that sway so many away , to a centri.
You can buy the 30mm Maggie cog for much less, and it will hold the boost.
Hitting the rev limiter is what destroys the cog belt, even the lingenfelter!! I destroyed one at the runway once.
Try replacing the lingenfelter without removing the blower.....NOT
The Maggie belt can be swapped without blower removal, and belts are cheap, the one I have on now was $15 on eBay , and that's holding over 700 to the wheels.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:10 AM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

The price of developing these pd blowers is very expensive!
This is one of the things that sway so many away , to a centri.
You can buy the 30mm Maggie cog for much less, and it will hold the boost.
Hitting the rev limiter is what destroys the cog belt, even the lingenfelter!! I destroyed one at the runway once.
Try replacing the lingenfelter without removing the blower.....NOT
The Maggie belt can be swapped without blower removal, and belts are cheap, the one I have on now was $15 on eBay , and that's holding over 700 to the wheels.

That's good info on the Lingenfelter belt. I was wondering about that as the routing looks different than below.

Thanks for all the assistance helping out a noob. Much appreciated.

http://www.shopsupercharger.com/t-Re...d-TVS2300.aspx
Old 11-23-2014, 10:53 AM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi guys
Larry is probably right on the lingenfelter set up , not a lot of room back there .

Might see if i can remove the belt just so i know

Was thinking about having a removable piece of the top bulkhead trim ,would be worth a go compared to blower removal .

Think i saw magnuson cog kit cheaper on ebay than from magnuson.

Zebra this is one crap video ( iPhone ) but all i got at the mo

Hope to get a new tune soon , see if we can sort out a few probs .

Old 11-23-2014, 11:00 AM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

The lingenfelter comes with a tensioner pulley, it is a nice setup, and it keeps the jackshaft straight. But I have no problems so far. Don't get me wrong, I like the lingenfelter, and for you, if you want the noise, it might be an option, but $$$$$$ ouch
Old 11-23-2014, 11:13 AM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NITRO UK
Hi guys
Larry is probably right on the lingenfelter set up , not a lot of room back there .

Might see if i can remove the belt just so i know

Was thinking about having a removable piece of the top bulkhead trim ,would be worth a go compared to blower removal .

Think i saw magnuson cog kit cheaper on ebay than from magnuson.

Zebra this is one crap video ( iPhone ) but all i got at the mo

Hope to get a new tune soon , see if we can sort out a few probs .

Would love to see a pic of the underside of your hood, where you had to cut and modify the bulkhead for the cog to fit.
@ the OP, that is another issue with this and some other PD's, the bulkhead at the back of the high rise hoods usually has to be cut , as they failed to modify the molds for the TVS blowers.
Old 11-23-2014, 11:43 AM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Larry , holy crap yeah i did think the hood was going to be a major problem , ACI Radical high rise , was real close to not having any hood at all in that area turned out ok though .

Old 11-23-2014, 12:39 PM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Larry , holy crap yeah i did think the hood was going to be a major problem , ACI Radical high rise , was real close to not having any hood at all in that area turned out ok though .

Looks good!!
wish my car was white, easier than black.........
Old 11-23-2014, 01:38 PM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

Glad that it worked out. The ACI hood is what I was going to go with.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:03 PM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Cool , Real helpful guys at ACI , it`s big enough to clear Magnuson blowers ,even with mods , without being to big visually .

Old 11-23-2014, 02:23 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

So this is what you wish you would have started with?

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...3#.VHHfBDN0zIU
not quite, but at a minimum, swapping my ribbed underdrive around to be an overdrive & then using a bigger pulley up front for more surface area to prevent slip. but the cog would have been better to eliminate any rear slip as well. they make the standard 36:30 30mm setup as well that's the other 2-pulley setup you saw below. even a 1:1 cog would be nice to start with.

That's good info on the Lingenfelter belt. I was wondering about that as the routing looks different than below.

Thanks for all the assistance helping out a noob. Much appreciated.

http://www.shopsupercharger.com/t-Re...d-TVS2300.aspx
yeah, the Lingenfelter is the heavy duty setup

Cool , Real helpful guys at ACI , it`s big enough to clear Magnuson blowers ,even with mods , without being to big visually .

my Kenne Bell hood didn't require any notching
Old 11-23-2014, 03:51 PM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Yeah but your clever , ACI is like a rubber glove , kinda just fits

Quick Reply: Whipple supercharger