C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 cradle exhuast issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 06:23 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoove
Nice JAB lol. Didn't you just spend BIG $$$ having your car built? The flanges are turbo related technology,...you don't have to be boosted to run a vband assembly. You see Robert, you gotta think of it like this. Think of a fuel system. You can buy a low cost 255 pump...put it in your car...build...add...whatever...then you need more pump...so you put a little larger...then you build,..add, whatever...then you need another pump. Spend more money...throw away more money.

Buy the right pump the first time around.

Same mentality with the exhaust, and EVERY other part in the car. In the end, a Vband assembly is like 50 bucks,...when you have a 15k motor,..10k blower kit... whats another 100 bucks in flanges that will make your life easier?

I am on probably more of a budget then any two people on this forum,,,,it isn't about money, it's about using the money that I have, wisely. You'll spend what on a standard ez clamp or accuseal clamp? 20 bucks? Each? You'll replace it in a couple of years if you remove your exhaust often.....why not spend the right money once,...and last longer? Replacement CLAMPS(vbands) jobber price(less then retail) at 15 bucks..... less then a standard typical exhaust flange.

When you look at it like that,..Vbands aren't a lot of money bro. My TIME, is money. If I can spend more money today, so i don't have to work tomorrow,...I will do it. Don't wanna get into a match about the right thing, the wrong thing,...or even any dollar amounts. Vbands are a simple, smart choice.
Just giving you a hard time buddy, they are nice and do it and totally be done with the system. If I ever find a cat back exhaust system I like the sound of I will do the same.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:29 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
V bands cost $$$ all of us don't have your money for a big build motor T/turbo,s and putting V bands on every pipe.

BUT I DO AGREE THE BANDS ARE A NICE CLEAN WAY TO GO. Robert
Says the guy who dropped like 50K at once haha.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
Just giving you a hard time buddy, they are nice and do it and totally be done with the system. If I ever find a cat back exhaust system I like the sound of I will do the same.

Originally Posted by SteveDoten@ARH
Jamie,

With all do respect, sell the soccer mom Tahoe, spend all money on 'racecar' and LET HER EAT!!!!!

...........However, (comma) V-bands are good looking
lol. Dude, I love the Tahoe. Lovvvvve it. I dunno if I can pull myself away from it. Smartest choice for me to keep?...Probably not but I intend to take the car around to a few places across the country when completed...or, within the lifetime of completion....Tahoe towing it.

I also thought about selling both....going newer but,..that could be the chocolate cake I ate this morning talking.

Originally Posted by SteveDoten@ARH
You can cut the middle floor and use the C6 muffs with the rear section.

There is a thread here somewhere in the past year or two.

Not sure if it was cut-n-play or there was some tubing that needed to be tweaked.

But it was done in the "under 6 hour" kind of project.
Nice. I guess I lucked out on mine. We built the custom system for my T56 setup, it works no problem on my 6060 setup. Tight? yes but no issues.

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Says the guy who dropped like 50K at once haha.

Quick Reply: C6 cradle exhuast issues