C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Nitrous have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Karuthless
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with my first nitrous set up!

I just purchased a 2002 z06 with 47k miles. It already has Kooks long tube headers, light weight fly wheel and SLP blackwing CAI. I just ordered MGW Flat Stick shifter, Kooks OR x-pipe, B&B bullets quad tip exhaust, Covercraft Noah car cover and a few little interior things like the rear trunk partition. This forum has helped me figure out what all i wanted to do to my z06. Im looking into this kit from dynotune.

https://www.dynotunenitrous.com/stor...?idproduct=330

I've read that this is a good company with good quality parts but i'm very new to nitrous and have no idea what all ill need or if this kit already has everything i need lol. I'm wanting just a 75-100 shot the car is getting tuned once i have all my parts installed. From what i have read i need a bottle warmer and maybe a purge kit? Also remote bottle opener? This is a street car i don't track the car...well not yet at least. I don't know if i need a wet or dry kit either. Ive read that the plate kit is the way to go is that true?

Thanks everyone and this is my first post on here also.

Last edited by Karuthless; 12-14-2014 at 11:02 AM. Reason: no real replys
Old 12-13-2014, 07:14 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

I would suggest some gauges as well as electronics. I did not see if the kit had it but you need adapters to fit the fuel rail. As for electronics I would get a window switch at a minimum. If you are planning a lot of spray a progressive controller would be good too. You also will have to have a separate nitrous tune or an LPE Lnc-2000 to remove timing.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:22 AM
Karuthless
Advanced

What gauges? I'm new to this like FOB lol. Do i need to find anything for the fuel rails since its a plate system? Not planing a lot of spray just a 100 shot till my supercharger gets here. Its getting a tune as soon as i get a kit already have that set that up. thanks
Old 12-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Karuthless
Advanced

Bump
Old 12-14-2014, 06:51 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Dean at Dynotune has goid products and service. As well as the guys at Nitrous Express and Nitro Dave shops too. I'd suggest a wideband gauge just to eyeball how your air/fuel is on the bottle. The stock fuel pump wont be able to support much over a 100hp shot with your current mods, in my experience. A good tune and tuneup with window switch and a basic dry or wet kit and have fun. If your adding a supercharger later might as well upgrade the fuel system now. The A&A, ECS, or UPP auxilary/secindary fuel kits al work well.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:27 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by Karuthless
What gauges? I'm new to this like FOB lol. Do i need to find anything for the fuel rails since its a plate system? Not planing a lot of spray just a 100 shot till my supercharger gets here. Its getting a tune as soon as i get a kit already have that set that up. thanks
I suggest a nitrous pressure gauge at a minimum. You need to know what the bottle pressure is to keep the nitrous consistent with the fuel jetting.

You need an adapter to get your fuel from the fuel rail to the nitrous fuel solenoid. Most people remove the schader valve and use the test port on the rail for this.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:50 AM
GenerationX1
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a good deal on that kit!!

I run a Nitrous Outlet dry kit on mine with a 100 shot. I'm still on stock injectors and a hard wired pump.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Karuthless
Advanced

Originally Posted by GenerationX1
That's a good deal on that kit!!

I run a Nitrous Outlet dry kit on mine with a 100 shot. I'm still on stock injectors and a hard wired pump.

Is that a RPM/TPS in your glove box? I like the set up but a guy messaged me on here about 3 days ago and got my a crazy good deal on some nitrous outlet stuff. saving me like 600 bucks. Im wanting to run a plate kit on mine. just a 100 shot to, i really only want to spray around 3-4 gears since i dont play on the track. Just messing with local buddies.
How do you like your kit? what power are you making? Hard wired your fuel pump?
Old 12-18-2014, 02:16 PM
GenerationX1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Karuthless
Is that a RPM/TPS in your glove box? I like the set up but a guy messaged me on here about 3 days ago and got my a crazy good deal on some nitrous outlet stuff. saving me like 600 bucks. Im wanting to run a plate kit on mine. just a 100 shot to, i really only want to spray around 3-4 gears since i dont play on the track. Just messing with local buddies.
How do you like your kit? what power are you making? Hard wired your fuel pump?
Yes that is my RPM window switch I have mounted under the arm rest console.

As for the Nitrous Outlet kit I have it is awesome. I'm running a 100 shot myself and it hits hard. However, I'm planning on converting mine over to a wet plate kit myself when I get a chance. I'm making about 470 to 480 at the wheels. Nitrous Outlet rates their shots at the wheels so keep that in mind when you install your kit if you already don't know that.

This is the hard wired fuel pump harness I'm using. You can read about it here. It helps with a little added fuel pressure.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...WH-007&eq=&Tp=
Old 12-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Karuthless
Advanced

Originally Posted by GenerationX1
Yes that is my RPM window switch I have mounted under the arm rest console.

As for the Nitrous Outlet kit I have it is awesome. I'm running a 100 shot myself and it hits hard. However, I'm planning on converting mine over to a wet plate kit myself when I get a chance. I'm making about 470 to 480 at the wheels. Nitrous Outlet rates their shots at the wheels so keep that in mind when you install your kit if you already don't know that.

This is the hard wired fuel pump harness I'm using. You can read about it here. It helps with a little added fuel pressure.

http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...WH-007&eq=&Tp=
that fuel pump harness just increases my pump power so i dont have to upgrade the fuel pump? thanks for the info
Old 12-20-2014, 07:21 PM
2003Evo
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I been thinking of doing the nitrous thing too, for $500 looking at the link above is not bad. My question is why so cheap? Other kits I have seen run $700-1000.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:44 PM
GenerationX1
Burning Brakes

It would be a good idea to run a nitrous filter also.

Get notified of new replies

To New to Nitrous have some questions

Quick Reply: New to Nitrous have some questions