C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Dominator on a C5

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 05:02 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

Default Holley Dominator on a C5

I did some searching, but can't anything on it. Has anyone successfully ran one of these on a C5 and kept the cluster alive? The system looks pretty awesome!

https://www.holley.com/products/ls_p.../parts/554-114
Old 12-30-2014, 05:29 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Sure does look awesome!! Are the HT elite series guys still running a factory cluster?
Old 12-30-2014, 09:21 PM
torkmonstr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked the same question of the Holley reps at the PRI show and they could not answer it
Old 12-30-2014, 10:29 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

I know it has been done. I know the guy that did it and he showed me two of the cars he's done.

You can use this system to control the engine and still have the PCM and BCM send signals to the cluster and run the rest of the car systems.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:56 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Yes. It can be done.
Control your throttle body and all, without the factory PCM getting pissed off.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:34 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

thats very sweet
Old 12-31-2014, 12:08 AM
torkmonstr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So where's the write up on this. I'm ready to go
Old 12-31-2014, 08:20 AM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by torkmonstr
So where's the write up on this. I'm ready to go
This is probably one of those "if you do something good, don't do it for free" kind of things.

I'm very interested in doing this too.

Bret how was it to hook up the Haltech and keep the car from pitching a fit?
Old 12-31-2014, 08:26 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by CamminC5
This is probably one of those "if you do something good, don't do it for free" kind of things.

I'm very interested in doing this too.

Bret how was it to hook up the Haltech and keep the car from pitching a fit?
It's fine. Stay organized on the wiring side. turn off the crybaby codes for the injectors and coils and 02's.
If you want to try the new Haltech Elite, let me know. It'll connect to your knock sensors, throttle body, run your fuel pump/s, has traction control, will run your turbos in boost by gear, boost by speed or whatever else you want, anti-lag, launch control, torque cut for WOT shifting, shift light control, nitrous control, real time tuning, can have a different fuel and ignition for each gear, even with a standard, individual cylinder tuning with fuel and ignition, can run 8 widebands and 8 EGT's, closed loop WOT, and so much more.

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06; 12-31-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:32 AM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
It's fine. Stay organized on the wiring side. turn off the crybaby codes for the injectors and coils and 02's.
If you want to try the new Haltech Elite, let me know. It'll connect to your knock sensors, throttle body, run your fuel pump/s, has traction control, will run your turbos in boost by gear, boost by speed or whatever else you want, anti-lag, launch control, torque cut for WOT shifting, shift light control, nitrous control, real time tuning, can have a different fuel and ignition for each gear, even with a standard, individual cylinder tuning with fuel and ignition, can run 8 widebands and 8 EGT's, closed loop WOT, and so much more.
I'll do some comparisons between the two. Both sound like they are they are the shizz.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:09 PM
gcolella
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sure can be done. I have it in my 99 c5

I did some searching, but can't anything on it. Has anyone successfully ran one of these on a C5 and kept the cluster alive? The system looks pretty awesome!

https://www.holley.com/products/ls_p.../parts/554-114
I have it in my 99 C5 running a novi2500 with direct port meth injection. The holley is tied in to the factory ecu so all sensors still work on factory dash including cruise controll. I have mine setup to controll my meth,boost controller and a ton of safeties . The guy you want to speak to about this is Tommy from anger management. He has installed about a dozen or so holley efi systems in corvettes running nitrous,turbos and blower cars. His forum name is tomdcarguy . Or your can pm me for his info.

My car is street driven and runs low 9's at 154mph.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:16 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

That's B.E.A.U.TIFUL
Old 01-04-2015, 09:17 AM
Rob Petyo
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by gcolella
I have it in my 99 C5 running a novi2500 with direct port meth injection. The holley is tied in to the factory ecu so all sensors still work on factory dash including cruise controll. I have mine setup to controll my meth,boost controller and a ton of safeties . The guy you want to speak to about this is Tommy from anger management. He has installed about a dozen or so holley efi systems in corvettes running nitrous,turbos and blower cars. His forum name is tomdcarguy . Or your can pm me for his info.

My car is street driven and runs low 9's at 154mph.
installed in the "04" to control the nitrous.

Last edited by Rob Petyo; 11-06-2015 at 05:17 PM. Reason: not using it
Old 01-27-2015, 09:47 PM
dougrodriguez
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is part of the old ecu still connected to one of the stock plugs and the holly connected to the other plug from the harness? I'm really curious to know about the connnections. Haven't looked at the wireing yet but I'd assume disabling some functions on stock ecu is needed.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:21 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

That gives me a hard on!!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:23 AM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
That gives me a hard on!!
After watching that video you put up on FB the individual cylinder control is more appealing.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:43 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

After watching that video you put up on FB the individual cylinder control is more appealing.
If I had the extra dough, I'd have one. Maybe next year. :-)

Get notified of new replies

To Holley Dominator on a C5

Old 01-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by dougrodriguez
Is part of the old ecu still connected to one of the stock plugs and the holly connected to the other plug from the harness? I'm really curious to know about the connnections. Haven't looked at the wireing yet but I'd assume disabling some functions on stock ecu is needed.
the dominator also has the tranny control.

to do this right it seems you would need to splice into the factory wiring harness and also reprogram the factory ECM to ignore the missing signals/data that have now been taken over for engine management. does things like fuel mileage still work on the c5?

the capabilities of the haltech and holley are amazing

like to hear more about the direct port meth too. I think that's the way I'll be going too

did you use an ECS kit? I'm thinking about running a polished alum manifold as I'm a bit concerned about tapping into the factory intake and having it hold up under boost a little bling wouldn't hurt either!
Old 02-12-2015, 09:33 AM
dougrodriguez
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the factory ecu controlling that the standalone can't? Dash? Bcm? No one has said anything definitive regarding if you have to splice into the factory harness and retain the factory ecu. Just curious as I'd like to determine different options.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:19 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Haltech Elite ECU Features: $2,495

• Waterproof Case
• 8 x Fuel Injection Outputs
• 8 x Ignition Outputs
• 28 x Digital Outputs
• 10 x Analogue Voltage Inputs
• 6 x Engine Position Inputs with extensive trigger type support
• Programmable Injector Peak and Hold Currents
• OBDII Capable – set and clear diagnostics trouble codes
• USB laptop communications
• New “ESP” calibration software – More intuitive and easier to use than ever
• Dual CAN Bus communications for OEM and Haltech CAN expansion
• User definable 5D Tuning – Tune by Gear, Cam Angle or any channel for ultimate tuning flexibility
• Drive By Wire (DBW) Throttle Control
• Variable Cam Control – Independently Control up to 4 camshafts
• Dual Channel Knock Control – With FFT analysis for accurate detection
• Auto Tune Capabilities – Short and Long term fuel, ignition & boost learning
• Staged Fuelling – Up to four stages of injectors
• Multi-fuel Support- Support for Petrol (Gasoline), Methanol and Ethanol
• E85 Flex Fuel Ready – With additional boost tables
• Closed Loop Boost Control – Multiple Modes – Tune by gear, wheel speed or time
• Closed Loop Idle Control – With learning for consistent idle stability
• Closed Loop 02 Control – Dual bank control for precise tuning
• Anti-Lag and Launch Control – Drag and Rally modes
• Data logging – Internal memory & external laptop logging
• Multi Level Engine Protection – Set limits for sensors and protect your engine
• ECU comes fully enabled, no additional charges for advanced features
• Free firmware upgrades – New features continually being added

HOLLEY DOMINATOR ECU $1,970.95

Works with 4, 6, 8 and 10 cylinder engines
Ignition Plug and Play with GM LS engines (non-VVT), GM HEI, Ford TFI, and magnetic and hall effect trigger. Custom settings can be configured to allow for use with many other applications
Integrated electronic transmission control - Operates GM 4L60E and 4L80E transmissions with more to come in the future
Integrated drive by wire throttle body control - Can control two drive by wire throttle bodies. Compatible with a number of DBW throttle bodies including GM, Chrysler, Ford, and Nissan
Integrated dual channel wide band oxygen sensor controls – For monitoring both engine banks (NTK or Bosch sensors)
Extensive amount of inputs and outputs allow for limitless combination of options. Allows for unit to be used as a complete data acquisition system as well
Twelve sequentially driven 8:2 peak and hold injector drivers, capable of driving up to 24 low or high impedance injectors as a standard feature. Multiple staged injector strategies
Twelve channel Distributorless Ignition (DIS) outputs capable of directly driving “Smart” ignition coils or Holley DIS coils. Will drive 2 wire coils with the addition of PN 554-112 high current coil driver module
Speed density, Alpha-N, Alpha-N Combination, and VE fueling strategies – Tuner has the option to select from a variety of load sensing strategies to meet their engine requirements or tuning preference
Individual cylinder fuel and spark control allows you to unlock your engine’s potential
Unique lb/hr based fueling strategy greatly simplifies and commonizes tuning
Advanced idle, closed loop, and enrichment strategies allow for very stable engine operation
1-5 Bar MAP sensor capability – For naturally aspirated or boosted applications
Fuel Map and Learn Function Smoothing – Helps to smooth rough areas of the maps
Configurable User Password Protection – “Lock” your tune to prevent tampering
Self-tuning fuel table strategy greatly simplifies tuning process – The more you drive it, the more it learns
“Quick Start” strategies – For faster engine starting
Allows for use of common OEM sensors as well as custom sensor calibration input
Two channel knock control sensor inputs for both one or two wire knock sensors
Dedicated fuel and oil pressure inputs
Controls both stepper and PWM Idle Air Control (IAC) motors
3 Rev Limiters – Choose between 4 options for each: Fuel Only, Spark Only, Fuel and Spark, or Soft
Traction Control – Allows power reduction via timing, nitrous percentage or boost (Requires Davis Technologies Holley Module)
Store and select between four calibrations with Multi Map Selector (Part Number 558-407)
HARDWARE
ECU is fully potted and can be mounted in the engine compartment or interior – See images for dimensions
Sealed automotive and marine grade connectors
Optional 5.7” full-color touchscreen LCD allows easy on-the-fly tuning, data-logging or can be used as an easy to see graphical gauge panel (Part number 553-103)
Optional LED gauges (Part numbers 553-100 and 553-101) eliminate the need for additional sending units
Optional Race Dash coming soon
DATA VISUALIZATION TOOLS
Data Logger –Analyze and export your data with sophisticated, but user friendly tools – Internal logger has 4 GB of memory
Strip Chart – For real-time data viewing
Fully Configurable lap top Gauge Panel – Life-like gauge cluster on your laptop screen
4 STAGE NITROUS OXIDE CONTROL
Fully featured nitrous control eliminates the need for a separate nitrous controller device
Can be configured “Wet” or “Dry” with closed loop feedback
Progressive control based on time, RPM, or boost, requires part # 554-111
Lean or rich safety cutoff
Full timing retard/control configurability per stage based on RPM or time
INTEGRATED WATER/METHANOL INJECTION CONTROL
Uses Holley water/meth solenoids specially designed and calibrated for use with this EFI system to allow the user to enter water/meth flow as a percentage of fuel injector flow for water/meth tuning precision unmatched in the industry
Allows for two nozzles to be controlled
Nozzles available from 400 to 1000 cc/min
Complete control of pump activation, and low system safety features
TURBOCHARGER BOOST CONTROL
Fully featured boost control capability eliminates the need for a separate boost control device
Can be configured to control boost based on time, gear, speed, and manual inputs
Gear based boost control configurable by several different methods
“Boost Builder” functions offer the ability to assist building boost on the starting line by altering ignition timing, fueling, as well as nitrous oxide activation. Can also be used as an anti-lag function
INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
13 - “Multi-Inputs” – Can be configured as a 0-5V sensor input, 0-20v sensor input, thermistor temperature input, or high or low voltage input
30 - 0-5V Sensor Inputs – Configures any 0-5V sensor as well as some can be used as switched high or low inputs
4 - Speed Inputs – Can be configured as a digital (square wave) input or an inductive input
20 - 12v PWM Outputs – Can be configured as PWM or switched 12V outputs. Rated at 2A maximum
16 - Ground PWM Outputs – Can be configured as PWM or switched ground outputs. Rated at 2A maximum
All inputs and outputs are programmed using innovative new “Pin Mapping” strategy that allows inputs and outputs to be pinned as desired by the user, allowing for inputs and outputs to not be “wasted” by non-used dedicated functions
Configurable for: dual cooling fans (including brushless fans that require PWM signal), dual fuel pumps, AC inputs, basic TCC lockup, and multiple timing retard inputs
User programmable caution and warning outputs for all sensors

Quick Reply: Holley Dominator on a C5