C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

402/F1R Version 2.0 build....

Old 07-20-2015, 06:30 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Glad it's back up and running, Alan! 4psi loss vs the new cam should be interesting. Can't wait to see it out and about.
Yeah I'll be curious as well, the problem is I don't have good dyno numbers to compare to since I went auto. Only real source for comparison is trap speeds and I'm not going to track anytime soon with it. It definitely has less low to midrange power with this cam vs the 226/238. I see less boost at same rpm points as before all across the board so it's definitely bleeding off some pressure. It doesn't seem to spin the tires near as bad as it used to from 50 mph in 2nd. Ofcourse it was near 100* out so... Probably down on power from that. Sucker revved so fast after 6k it caught me off guard. I normally shift at 6600 or so and now it shoots past that like it's just getting wound up. Might be a bit better for roll racing now.
Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
Awesome sauce. Interested in results of less boost/more overlap too. I had mine out for an extended test drive yesterday which went well but soon after getting back I found the power steering hose had been up against the pulley and rubbed through. Gremlin count post rebuild totals three now; brake line, oil cooler hose, power steering pressure hose. I want to take it out to the HPD/KP heavy hitter dyno night this weekend but I don't want to dyno it just yet.
Your luck is every bit as bad as mine. Surprisingly, I haven't had any issues yet, no leaks, no belt issues, nothing.. Really just tuning it now. When is the dyno shoot out? Sat night at KP? I'd like to dyno mine but RPM says it will hurt the trans somehow so...I won't be doing that. Plus I want to change the oil a couple more times and get it on synthetic at 500 miles.

Originally Posted by Turbo-Geist
Congrats, what was the outside temperature when you made 24psi compared to the outside temperature now?
Ben, when I made the short hit the other day it was about 96* out. Normally I would NEVER run my car hard in heat like that. This was just a 1.4 sec pull in 2nd. I logged 20 psi (252 kpa I think it was) at 7200. Even at 4500 rpms it was only making about 8 psi now and it would be 10-11 psi there at that range before.

Previously I had never made a hit on it with it over about 88* outside, and I only took it to 7200 (where I would see 23-24 psi, 258-260 kpa)a couple times because it ran out of steam by 6800...boost would continue to climb but HP would fall like a stone. Normally at my usual 6600 shift point, I would see 20-21 psi... (255 kpa) then thru the traps at 6900 I'd see 22-23 psi (258 kpa).

Now it seems to keep pulling and revs faster then ever after 6k.

I will be keeping my 226/238 cam in case I don't like how this big cam performs. I expected some low to midrange loss in power, maybe not this much but, with the converter, it's not a big deal, it's really never under 5k rpms when it's WOT. We'll see what the track says... That's the final ruling on stuff for me.

Last edited by ajrothm; 07-20-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:09 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

The meet is Saturday night I'll be working. But speaking of bad luck changed the slave which ended up being the slave hose busting. installed new one and felt like I was on the down hill of my little gremlins but me and Bill cruised to Kroger and fueled up on way back something on the slave started leaking proabably on of the lines is my guess. Sucks to be me right now LOL! Between you me Bill and Bret I believe we have all the bad luck covered LOL!
Old 07-21-2015, 02:42 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by inspector12
The meet is Saturday night I'll be working. But speaking of bad luck changed the slave which ended up being the slave hose busting. installed new one and felt like I was on the down hill of my little gremlins but me and Bill cruised to Kroger and fueled up on way back something on the slave started leaking proabably on of the lines is my guess. Sucks to be me right now LOL! Between you me Bill and Bret I believe we have all the bad luck covered LOL!
Yeah I was talking to Gary a couple weeks ago and he told me your slave popped... Sucks it happened again.. DAMN... But definitely, you, Bill and I bring down the average for luck in the vette community. LOL

I'm off sat night but start days on sunday so....I won't be out too late sat night, definitely not late enough to make it to KPs. I'll likely just hit the usual spots on Friday/Sat night. We still have a lot of tuning to do on mine so I need to do some driving/logging and get the quirks out of it. Bret is pretty much handling all of that stuff for me remotely. I'm just glad to be able to get in it and go to the store or something at this point....LOL.. Not pushing my luck on anything right now. Point A to Point B.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:22 PM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

congrats, looking great.... make sure to enjoy it for a little while
Old 07-25-2015, 06:23 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Alan, my PM box is full. Would you shoot me a text with the 402 build, shop and price when you get a chance?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 402/F1R Version 2.0 build....