C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendation for an Electronic Boost Controller

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 11:40 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by narfdanarf
I have the Go Fast Bits GForce II boost controller. It's amazing. Closed loop correction, multiple settings, I have my WB02, Meth failsafe gauge and Meth kit wired into it to lower boost to wastegate pressure if there is an issue. It has 6 boost presets but I think you can only do 2 off of a switch and the others you have to use the display to actuate. I really like it, I have owned AEM, Eboost2, HKS EVC, Profec B, and a few others and it's by far my favorite.

http://www.gfb.com.au/products/boost...troller-by-gfb
Closed loop, yet it doesn't offer boost targets either....strange eh ?
Old 01-27-2015, 11:02 AM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Alright i looks like I need to eat some crow. I was exceedigly curious about this so I wrote Turbosmart as to whether the EBII controller was doing any sort of correction and here's what they said:

"When gate pressure isreached (GP), the solenoid will cycle at a user defined duty cycle (SP) and willthen alter depending on the rate of change of pressure (SN). "

Old 01-27-2015, 11:06 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

As said, there are very very few fully open loop electronic boost controllers, except the very cheapest units.

But just because the others offer closed loop...doesnt mean they are all of the same abilities.

Same with anything...there are good units and not so good. And some excellent ones...and some ***** lol

Quick Reply: Recommendation for an Electronic Boost Controller