C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocate EBCM

Old 01-22-2015, 05:27 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Relocate EBCM

has anyone relocated their EBCM? If so, where did you put it and do you have photos.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2015, 10:14 PM
TimbrSS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

Not mine, but a pic a saved from here because I really liked the idea:

Old 01-22-2015, 11:01 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

I remember that picture. They guy said it really wasn't very hard only had to make two lines I think. I thought it was a pretty good location.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:23 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

THank you so much. I moved mine last night. Now all I have to do is make likes and a harness extension. I'm trying to find the EBCM plugs right now.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:24 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Timber, do you remember the forum members name?
Old 01-23-2015, 10:11 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

it would be nice to have that thing out of the way but my car is going to be too busy in that area so I wouldn't have room in that spot... I bet it would stay a lot cooler in that area instead of right by the engine and may be less prone to electronic failure
Old 01-23-2015, 10:13 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
THank you so much. I moved mine last night. Now all I have to do is make likes and a harness extension. I'm trying to find the EBCM plugs right now.
why not just cut the harness and solder in your own wires?... might be easier and cheaper than trying to find a pre-made extension harness
Old 01-24-2015, 09:15 AM
TimbrSS
Pro

Don't remember the name, but it was this car, if that helps anyone identify. Nick Yoskin maybe???:

And here's what he did with the fuse box, if you are trying to get stuff out of the way:

Old 01-24-2015, 10:11 AM
TimbrSS
Pro

I would think that part of the harness should be able to reach that location if you separate the ebcm wires and run it over the back of the engine.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:24 PM
westtexasbuff
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ject-pics.html

I was looking at that build the other day...
Old 01-24-2015, 05:03 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by neutron82
why not just cut the harness and solder in your own wires?... might be easier and cheaper than trying to find a pre-made extension harness
I'm not trying to find a pre made extension. I have the necessary tools to build the harness the most correct way and IMHO that's to build an OEM quality harness extension. All I need to do is find the plugs themselves. I don't like using solder if I don't have to. However, if I can't find the plugs, I'll do the solder method.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 01-24-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:05 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TimbrSS
I would think that part of the harness should be able to reach that location if you separate the ebcm wires and run it over the back of the engine.
Thanks!! That looks like nicks car. I'll PM him in a bit and ask him.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:16 PM
TimbrSS
Pro

Updates?
Old 02-04-2015, 08:36 AM
skull
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

I wanna do that soooooo bad
Old 02-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I hate my ebcm location. I dropped the mount for it and lowered it a while ago but my one turbo sits right on top of it...causing my drain to be on a 90...haven't had free time to relocate further.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:12 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Updates?
Nothing yet. Busy with school. But the plan is to cut the plug off the harness side and order a new plug from the dealership (they're about 63 bucks from the dealer and come with new pins). I also placed an order for a 29 pin Deutsch connector. What I'll do is cut some new wire to the correct length I need and pin it to the Deutsch connector and to the new factory EBCM plug and then I'll have successfully extended the harness.

There's also the option to cut the factory 26 pin plug off a little long and solder wire in to extend the harness (that would be the cheapest way to do it) but I don't like using solder over a factory crimped and terminated wire unless I have too. I figured since I have the ability to terminate wires with factory style connectors why not.

As a third option I could achieve the factory terminated wire ends by using two 29 pin Deutsch connectors and cutting the factory ECBM plug long. This would eliminate having to buy a factory EBCM plug but the price of a 29 pin Deutsch connector with pins Ect. is more expensive than buying the factory EBCM plug.

Extending the brake lines is as simple as buying brake tubing, using the factory ISO threaded ends and bending the brake line to fit and putting an ISO flare on the new brake line. I have a pretty trick tool from Eastwood tools that does a good job at creating flares.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 02-04-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:22 PM
TimbrSS
Pro

Nothing yet. Busy with school. But the plan is to cut the plug off the harness side and order a new plug from the dealership (they're about 63 bucks from the dealer and come with new pins). I also placed an order for a 29 pin Deutsch connector. What I'll do is cut some new wire to the correct length I need and pin it to the Deutsch connector and to the new factory EBCM plug and then I'll have successfully extended the harness.

There's also the option to cut the factory 26 pin plug off a little long and solder wire in to extend the harness (that would be the cheapest way to do it) but I don't like using solder over a factory crimped and terminated wire unless I have too. I figured since I have the ability to terminate wires with factory style connectors why not.

As a third option I could achieve the factory terminated wire ends by using two 29 pin Deutsch connectors and cutting the factory ECBM plug long. This would eliminate having to buy a factory EBCM plug but the price of a 29 pin Deutsch connector with pins Ect. is more expensive than buying the factory EBCM plug.

Extending the brake lines is as simple as buying brake tubing, using the factory ISO threaded ends and bending the brake line to fit and putting an ISO flare on the new brake line. I have a pretty trick tool from Eastwood tools that does a good job at creating flares.
Did you try pulling the ebcm wiring out of the harness and routing it behind engine?

Get notified of new replies

To Relocate EBCM

Old 02-04-2015, 07:27 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Did you try pulling the ebcm wiring out of the harness and routing it behind engine?
Too short for me I think.

Edit Actually that may work but I'm lazy. I'll look into it. It may save having to buy any connectors.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 02-04-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:43 PM
tuckin22
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anything ever come of this? I am needing to do mine but I am relocating from the rear. I have a 98...
Old 11-03-2015, 06:02 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Leave it in the rear if you can. Other then that it's just making up some new lines and extending the harness or completely unwrapping and rerouting it.
I had no reason to do mine other than I think it looks like crap up in front. I actually am on hold with my whole car. The process is pretty straight forward. Just don't do what I did and cut wires without labeling them. It makes for a pain in the butt.

Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Relocate EBCM