C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who here is running an RPM Level X 4L65

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 10:08 PM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Who here is running an RPM Level X 4L65

I have a C6 but, not many C6 running them appearently....

Auto Conversion looks to be the final step once I finish up my car this time around. I am hesitant on going to the 4L80 because of the added weight, parasitic loss, and shear amount of customizing and massaging of the car to make it work.

My seemingly very short list of options are:
PG Conversion
Or a Level X 4L65

The car is mostly street and highway, so I am somewhat hesitant about going glide, although it will make the car an animal from a dig. Car will be making between 950-1100 on my manual trans for now...
So I am curious as to who has a Level X:
How long hve you had it?
Street? Strip? Both? How many passes from a dead hook? How is it holding up?
What power level are you at?
Would you have done differently?

Wonder if RPM will come up with a level 12 soon haha! Or maybe they will do some extra beefing up of the X for me in particular. It's an expensive piece as is, around 6k no core.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:18 AM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts

There are a few on here, it just hasn't been out that long. Level X has all the best parts you want at your power level. I basically have the level 7 and have lost the 3-4 clutch every other year from drag racing. This area is much improved with the Sonnax drum in the X. This is the way to go, and if something goes out, the rebuild cost from RPM is very reasonable. If there are better parts available when yours needs service, you can upgrade then.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:47 AM
under_psi
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
There are a few on here, it just hasn't been out that long. Level X has all the best parts you want at your power level. I basically have the level 7 and have lost the 3-4 clutch every other year from drag racing. This area is much improved with the Sonnax drum in the X. This is the way to go, and if something goes out, the rebuild cost from RPM is very reasonable. If there are better parts available when yours needs service, you can upgrade then.
What kind of power are you making? How many street miles and or passes before your losing your 3-4?
Old 01-24-2015, 12:55 AM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts

I normally run between 700-900rwhp and up to 1000. About 5000 miles and 50 passes a year. The X upgrade is on my to-do list for the next service.

Get notified of new replies

To Who here is running an RPM Level X 4L65

Quick Reply: Who here is running an RPM Level X 4L65