C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to expect from my ECS 2200 Build!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 04:21 AM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
^^^^ Id do this if I were you OP..

I'm going to do it very soon as well.
Agree or pay later. .
Old 02-17-2015, 07:26 PM
Atrain59
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Just an update on things. All parts have been ordered, i'm just waiting on them all to ship out. Chris at ECS said that it would be about three weeks before the kit ships out

I went with the 2200SL Head Unit, 8 rib balancer and the Tail Q BOV. The head unit and mouting bracket are polished and the rest of the kit will be black.

I also bought a Alky Dual nozzle Meth Kit, A & A fuel system, a boost and wideband gauge/ pod from a forum member.

I have a few more items to buy like the BTR vavle springs, Plugs, wires, belts, oil,oil filter,fittings and a few other little things. Other than that it's just a waiting game. I thinking that everything should be in by the first of the month which works out perfect as my turner was not free til then. Once everthing startes arriving and we start making head way I'll post pictures of the process.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:42 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Atrain59
Just an update on things. All parts have been ordered, i'm just waiting on them all to ship out. Chris at ECS said that it would be about three weeks before the kit ships out

I went with the 2200SL Head Unit, 8 rib balancer and the Tail Q BOV. The head unit and mouting bracket are polished and the rest of the kit will be black.

I also bought a Alky Dual nozzle Meth Kit, A & A fuel system, a boost and wideband gauge/ pod from a forum member.

I have a few more items to buy like the BTR vavle springs, Plugs, wires, belts, oil,oil filter,fittings and a few other little things. Other than that it's just a waiting game. I thinking that everything should be in by the first of the month which works out perfect as my turner was not free til then. Once everthing startes arriving and we start making head way I'll post pictures of the process.
Cool man sounds like you have a plan.
Old 02-18-2015, 04:37 AM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The 8 Rib upgrade is a worthy investment. One of the best things I have purchased.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:57 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattie Num Nums
The 8 Rib upgrade is a worthy investment. One of the best things I have purchased.
Agreed, typically in this situation it's just adding the balancer since the base ECS kit comes 8 rib compatible. No additional cost to go 8 rib when ordering right from the start. Otherwise it's just the head unit pulley if you are upgrading it later from 6 to 8 rib.

All the idlers and spacing are set for 8 rib out of the gate.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:06 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Agreed, typically in this situation it's just adding the balancer since the base ECS kit comes 8 rib compatible. No additional cost to go 8 rib when ordering right from the start. Otherwise it's just the head unit pulley if you are upgrading it later from 6 to 8 rib.

All the idlers and spacing are set for 8 rib out of the gate.
All the kits should come 8 rib ready like ecs. Just add a 8 rib balancer and pulley your good to go. Saves a lot of bull chit.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:29 PM
KS Rebuilder
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sure like my A&A accessory drive. With having the electric water pump I can break the blower belt now and still go down the road.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:20 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by KS Rebuilder
I sure like my A&A accessory drive. With having the electric water pump I can break the blower belt now and still go down the road.
But it still slips at WOT, and it's patent infringing.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:14 PM
KS Rebuilder
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did kinda wondered how a 4 groove belt could turn all of that stuff including my 300 amp alternator.

Last edited by KS Rebuilder; 02-19-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:07 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

I'm happy with a standard 8 rib But Im only running 16psi boost.. if I step it up I would need a flip drive and a cog mod
Old 02-26-2015, 04:10 PM
Atrain59
Racer

Ok need some help!

So I was talking with Chirs at ECS and was discussing injectors. Chris was telling me that the 60lb injectors that come with the kit will support 650+ but might end up maxing out over that.I found a set of 95lb (1000 cc) Delphi EV1 fuel injectors that are low impedance injectors for $300. I was inforomed that if i purchased these injectors that I would need a injector drive. Is this true?
In the end I just want a simply plug in play injector that will support up to 850. What do yall suggest?
Old 02-26-2015, 04:33 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Ok need some help!

So I was talking with Chirs at ECS and was discussing injectors. Chris was telling me that the 60lb injectors that come with the kit will support 650+ but might end up maxing out over that.I found a set of 95lb (1000 cc) Delphi EV1 fuel injectors that are low impedance injectors for $300. I was inforomed that if i purchased these injectors that I would need a injector drive. Is this true?
In the end I just want a simply plug in play injector that will support up to 850. What do yall suggest?
Yes, any low imp injector will require a driver when using the stock computer..

Injector Dynamics are probably your best bet for "plug and play" injectors. They come with data that you can copy/paste into HP Tuners no problem.

I'm not sure what size you would need, but I know they have some charts on their website that should help you decide

I think ID1000's will get you there so I'd start by looking at those
Old 02-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Atrain59
Racer

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Yes, any low imp injector will require a driver when using the stock computer..

Injector Dynamics are probably your best bet for "plug and play" injectors. They come with data that you can copy/paste into HP Tuners no problem.

I'm not sure what size you would need, but I know they have some charts on their website that should help you decide

I think ID1000's will get you there so I'd start by looking at those

I have looked into the Id1000's and can get them for $800 but I was wondering if there were any other injectors out in the $500 range.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:01 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

I have looked into the Id1000's and can get them for $800 but I was wondering if there were any other injectors out in the $500 range.
FIC has some 1000cc injectors.. first place I saw had them for $599. Not sure if they can be had for less or not

The data/consistency ID provides is worth something, keep that in mind.. it's not just all about flow rate.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:39 PM
Atrain59
Racer

Well things have started to move forward with the build. Last week I recieved my Alky Meth kit, A & A fuel kit, Boost and Wideband gauges along with the 2200 head unit and the IW OD Balancer.

The 2200SL head unit is a monster!

I like all things shiney so it didn't take long for me to start polishing this beauty up

Good ole Blue Magic never lets me down!

I picked up the A & A fuel kit off a member

Also picked up the Meth kit from the same member. I did not like the test control panel it came with so I contacted Juilo and had him ship me out his new one and also some other goodies.

Hopefully I'll have the rest of my parts delieved from ECS in the next week as I am still waiting on the piping, intercooler and supercharger bracket. As soon as they arrive the car while been heading to the shop. i will post more pics and videos as get further into the build.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Atrain59
Racer

Well the shop started working on the car today and some bad news. I was told that the motor had forged pistons. The shop wanted to pull the heads to verify and good thing they did, turns out the pistons are stock replacement. So i'll be running the 2200 on a stock bottom end with rod bolts lol Guess we will see how long it last!

In better news just placed my order in with Josh at A&A for their dual fuel pump!
Old 04-06-2015, 10:16 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Ouch! Not too much worse than being told you are getting something only to pay for it and not get it. Hopefully there is a logical explanation for it.

Get notified of new replies

To What to expect from my ECS 2200 Build!

Old 04-06-2015, 10:25 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Ouch! Not too much worse than being told you are getting something only to pay for it and not get it. Hopefully there is a logical explanation for it.

Old 04-07-2015, 08:05 AM
Atrain59
Racer

I'm not sure if the guy was mis-informed about what was done to the motor when he bought it and then passed that information to me when when I bought it. I'm trying to find the correct part numbers now so I know exactly what pistons they are.

Who owes you parts? Not me...
Old 04-14-2015, 08:38 PM
Atrain59
Racer

All most there! I didn't relize how big this damn blower really was until it was mounted . I also wanted to give Doug at ECS a big thanks for sending me another belt and a thanks to Josh at A&A for the badass fuel system

Quick Reply: What to expect from my ECS 2200 Build!