C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finally got a C5 vette!! opinions needed on turbo or nitrous

Old 02-21-2015, 09:43 PM
JCOB2
Pro

Received 202 Likes on 69 Posts

If you're near Speed Inc you're within 15 min of me. Come look at the Kenne Bell blower setup I have for sale. It's a steal at $3500 and has everything you need.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:43 PM
turbocvette
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JCOB2
If you're near Speed Inc you're within 15 min of me. Come look at the Kenne Bell blower setup I have for sale. It's a steal at $3500 and has everything you need.
wow that is a smoking deal. Its just to bad my tax bill for the year just came in and put a stop to all my toy money for the next few months. If you still got it in a about 2 months i will get in touch.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:31 PM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
I was mostly talking about the auto trans, I was really hard on mine, I would race a Hyundai if he took off on me You obviously take good car of your car. I did not, I drove it like I stole it, but that being said I plan on taking it easy after trans is done as it has gotten really expensive for me!
Well at least that is the plan, I hope I got a lot of it out of my system.
Im just paranoid. I won't run hard until I get my RPM trans and AES 390 built end of this year.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:27 AM
turbocvette
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys/girls. I might just spray this car for now as I have plans to upgrade to a C6 within the next year. Just want to hit 12's in it possibly 11's I got the car for $7,000 and she needs a little tlc 90,000 miles rebuilt title etc. I plan to just fix it up a little bit cosmetically But the car is fairly clean just the air bags are deployed and some other minor things like the headlight motor. Going to try and find someone local parting one out and get the parts all at once to bring her back to life. Car runs and drive flawlessly and my new ebay $50 starter I am really impressed with compared to the one that was on there. I have nitrous bottles but that's it. I found a wet kit online for $290 I have a friend with a procharged 98 mustang and right now I feel it would be a close race but I need some kick just to make sure I don't loose haha. After talking with tuners etc they all want me to swap pcm. I did a turbo cbr once using a begi fmu to tune it and the bike ran real good that way. So my plan right now is to find a timing twister and then decide to go nitrous or turbo over the next few months. Just use the begi for tuning afr etc if I go turbo and timimng twister to pull timimg either direction I go. Right now its looking like nitrous although I already mounted the turbo lol.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:08 PM
Mattie Num Nums
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Keep the C5. Its lighter and has a better drag coefficient.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:20 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattie Num Nums
I get my RPM trans and AES 390 built end of this year.
<---------------Jealous
Old 02-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Im just paranoid. I won't run hard until I get my RPM trans and AES 390 built end of this year.
Mine was ordered today with a new tc from rpm !! nothin but money, so much for my used vette that "cost less than 20g in really good shape and gets 24 mi. To the gallon" that is what I use to tell people when they thought vettes were expensive! Now I just say, they don't have to be expensive if you leave them stock!
Old 02-28-2015, 05:32 PM
RED02Z
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
If these are just warnings I appreciate the input. What I want to know is how many people buy a bolt on kit only to have a trans last a month? And if you guys think 7lbs is going to take out the trans etc

Mine is just that, a warning to be prepared, but it sounds like you are in the know and have a lot more expertise than me. I figured my bottom end problem was from previous wear or poor maintenance prior to me, don't really know? But from what I read you push 500 hp to the wheels and drive like I did and the trans. will go sooner or later, I know my driving had much to do with how quick mine went. So if you are easy on it, and that is hard to do because these cars are fun to drive, I'm sure yours could outlast mine.
Good luck, sincerely!
Adam
Who tuned your car?
Old 02-28-2015, 05:33 PM
RED02Z
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone told me at 635 on a stock bottom my car wouldn't survive very long. I am closing in on 15,000 miles. It has seen road races and I daily drive the car.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:44 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by RED02Z
Who tuned your car?
My car was on a safe base tune not pushing anything, thrust bearing wore out during some hard driving, tune had nothing to do with it! I blame myself for pushing the car every chance I got, I was dumb, I admit it! Tune can't save everything, Pistons still looked perfect. Driving style has a lot to do with stock bottom staying together, if my car was stock (no sc) I could have got away with my driving much longer, but Daamn it was fun while it lasted. Hp+right foot pressure will break stuff!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: finally got a C5 vette!! opinions needed on turbo or nitrous