C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any thoughts on this noise ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 12:42 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Indeed sir!!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:46 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by ajrothm
If you dynoed it with your air inlet dongle/filter on, that's probably your missing 2 psi. If you haven't tried it yet, make a pull/pass without the dongle/filter, I bet you gain 2 psi and 40hp or so.
It was done with it on. I don't think I am missing boost after fixing the BOV. 17.5 lbs on 3 inch pulley sounds good.
I don't think I would gain anything by pulling my top secret, cad designed, custom fabbed, super dongle.....
Old 02-18-2015, 12:57 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
It was done with it on. I don't think I am missing boost after fixing the BOV. 17.5 lbs on 3 inch pulley sounds good.
I don't think I would gain anything by pulling my top secret, cad designed, custom fabbed, super dongle.....
Lol.. Try it.. Easy to do.

My 4", 90* bend inlet coming straight off the blower kills 2 psi...it was worth 44hp on the dyno and the power held on much better up top.

I now run a cut down version of my 4" inlet with only about a 160* bend and a bigger filter and I still lose 1 psi with it on.

800rwhp thru an auto is pretty damn good. Definitely enough for low low 9s in good air.. Maybe 8.90s if the converter is right.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:06 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Lol.. Try it.. Easy to do.

My 4", 90* bend inlet coming straight off the blower kills 2 psi...it was worth 44hp on the dyno and the power held on much better up top.

I now run a cut down version of my 4" inlet with only about a 160* bend and a bigger filter and I still lose 1 psi with it on.

800rwhp thru an auto is pretty damn good. Definitely enough for low low 9s in good air.. Maybe 8.90s if the converter is right.
I may try it one day but I don't want more boost anyways. I am confident my custom dongle flows as good as any available.
I really have no clue. One day when have some time I will compare to none, and to the stock A&A dongle.

I don't know if I will ever run that fast. Not sure I like the idea without full safety equipment. I will se how I feel come summer. 800 is good for sure..... but maybe you misread. It made 983 !!
Old 02-18-2015, 01:41 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

I may try it one day but I don't want more boost anyways. I am confident my custom dongle flows as good as any available.
I really have no clue. One day when have some time I will compare to none, and to the stock A&A dongle.

I don't know if I will ever run that fast. Not sure I like the idea without full safety equipment. I will se how I feel come summer. 800 is good for sure..... but maybe you misread. It made 983 !!
No I haven't read all of the posts. I thought I read it made 8xx. Damn.. 983 thru an auto is insane.. That car will trap 160 mph.

Congrats man, that's a HELL of an improvement over the Eforce..

Was that 983 on a DJ248 or DJ224? I'm assuming that is SAE and converter locked?

That car is gonna be nasty... Definitely in the 8s with that power.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:52 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

It is on a dynopack. SAE with converter locked in 4th. I am way to old to run 8s.. lol...
Old 02-18-2015, 08:00 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

It is on a dynopack. SAE with converter locked in 4th. I am way to old to run 8s.. lol...
I feel you, just enjoy the car and you always know it has the power to run 8s. It becomes a money pit when you start shooting for track times stuff breaks lol.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:06 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by a/c man
I feel you, just enjoy the car and you always know it has the power to run 8s. It becomes a money pit when you start shooting for track times stuff breaks lol.
Been there trying to run 9's.. lol... Broke almost every time I tried. That was the crazy torque of the pd I had. Hoping this easier on the drivetrain.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:57 PM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey just read this whole thing , great to see you got it sorted mate .

Great bunch of guys helping you eh , Interesting stuff .

And yeah I`d probably crap my pants if I had north of 800 +

Enjoy that car bud

Quick Reply: Any thoughts on this noise ?