C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need opinions Photo attatched, IF Misaligned Belt

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 09:31 PM
corvet786c
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsvet
If you are new to FI, you better take it to a shop and get it checked out. First you had belt dust and what you thought was a belt misaligned. Then you had damper wobble, and then you mention screeching at start up. It sounds like you need a trained and savy shop to look it over before you get into real expensive trouble. Good luck, Rod
Yes, you are correct, and thank for replying, unfortunatly the shop I took it to Horsepower Sales of Florida was a mistake and they did not over look all of these problems to let me know about them, Now, instead I have to put out more $$$ to another shop who did point out these problems to me.
I am upgrading to the newer pulley bracket because Yes I have the older model, I am getting a new fuel rail, Fast 102 gaskets, the ud pulley replaced and a couple of other things. She should be running better shortly plus I just bought Nitto NT05r for the rear and Generals up front for some good traction.

I bought the car about a month ago with about $25,000 in upgrades. The head unit is D1sc, with a forged LS6, fast 102, probuilt tranny and 3.42 gears thru an auto. I think it is worth getting it right now.

Last edited by corvet786c; 02-23-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:53 PM
corvettebob1
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by corvet786c
Yes, you are correct, and thank for replying, unfortunatly the shop I took it to Horsepower Sales of Florida was a mistake and they did not over look all of these problems to let me know about them, Now, instead I have to put out more $$$ to another shop who did point out these problems to me.
I am upgrading to the newer pulley bracket because Yes I have the older model, I am getting a new fuel rail, Fast 102 gaskets, the ud pulley replaced and a couple of other things. She should be running better shortly plus I just bought Nitto NT05r for the rear and Generals up front for some good traction.

I bought the car about a month ago with about $25,000 in upgrades. The head unit is D1sc, with a forged LS6, fast 102, probuilt tranny and 3.42 gears thru an auto. I think it is worth getting it right now.
Just make sure the ud pulley is replaced with the stock sized balancer, personally I went with the ATI damper and never looked back that was over 50K ago. Then you will need a retune because your spinning the blower faster.

Quick Reply: Need opinions Photo attatched, IF Misaligned Belt