C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to the dark side. CPR A+++

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Ls2gtoowner
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Went to the dark side. CPR A+++

Well I have had the car for 3 months now and I needed more power. I went with an ECS novi 1500 kit. I bought the kit from one of our site sponsors, cordes performance. Joe and his staff is extremely knowledgeable and has helped me through the entire process as I did the install myself. I can not say enough things about their customer service and how over the top it is. They are without a doubt the best place to call up and ask questions, order parts, and have your car worked on if you are a DIY kinda person. If you are looking for a place to get stuff done and extremely knowledgable give them a call.

Anyway onto the blower, I pretty much do all my own work. I never get pissed off or cuss at the car it always is very simple and easy when I install stuff. hahaha anyway after working on the car and working full time the car is about all wrapped up and finished ready for its tune on Saturday. The car is bone stock monus the blower, elite engineering catch can and the air pump delete. I will report back with numbers for just a blower on the car.

Soon to come:
full exhaust
New clutch
alky kit (dual or single nozzle)
Cam
Heads (not sure what heads yet)
BETTER TIRES ASAP

Any suggestions on other mods? New to the forced induction family. My Gto I had was N/A and was a lot of fun but wanted something different so I went with this setup.

Last edited by Ls2gtoowner; 03-10-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:45 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,083 Likes on 655 Posts

Congrats! If I can make a few suggestions, being that you are using the stock bottom end there really is no need to go with a FAST intake. Also the throttle body will give you nothing but problems in my experience on a forced induction car, the boost over powers the larger blade and puts the car in limp mode. Stick to stock or go with an LS2/3 90mm, but you would need an LS2 intake for either of those.

You bought the power maker already, no need for those items IMHO. With the stock cam you can make in the 700 rwhp area with just adding meth injection and removing the restrictor plate.

If you want more from there add a blower cam, that would have your engine maxed out for sure.

Thanks and good luck with it.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:54 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

For an example (which I'm sure some are sick of seeing ) The car in this video holds the record for the fastest stock bottom end C5.

Heads were never touched or off, all stock intake and throttle body etc. Only mods are the ECS kit, our small blower cam/springs, and meth injection. One hell of a good driver, and so-so tuning.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:10 AM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

It's kinda hard to follow up after Doug. The man has it down to a science.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:07 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Ls2gtoowner
Well I have had the car for 3 months now and I needed more power. I went with an ECS novi 1500 kit. I bought the kit from one of our site sponsors, cordes performance. Joe and his staff is extremely knowledgeable and has helped me through the entire process as I did the install myself. I can not say enough things about their customer service and how over the top it is. They are without a doubt the best place to call up and ask questions, order parts, and have your car worked on if you are a DIY kinda person. If you are looking for a place to get stuff done and extremely knowledgable give them a call.

Anyway onto the blower, I pretty much do all my own work. I never get pissed off or cuss at the car it always is very simple and easy when I install stuff. hahaha anyway after working on the car and working full time the car is about all wrapped up and finished ready for its tune on Saturday. The car is bone stock monus the blower, elite engineering catch can and the air pump delete. I will report back with numbers for just a blower on the car.

Soon to come:
full exhaust
New clutch
Fast intake
Nick Williams throttle body
Heads (not sure what heads yet)

Any suggestions on other mods? New to the forced induction family. My Gto I had was N/A and was a lot of fun but wanted something different so I went with this setup.
Doug already said it.. but the intake/TB are not needed. People have also had problems with the FAST intakes coming apart under boost.. so it's not only a cost that's not going to really help much power wise, it also has the potential to damage stuff. Not recommended. Stock LS2 intakes are dirt cheap if you wanted to go that route, like Doug said.

Put that money to a meth kit instead.. they do wonder to keep these engines together.

Clutch you probably will need..

Heads.. what are your goals? They are likely not needed unless you're wanting more than the stock engine can handle

That's the fun part about a supercharger... no need to keep buying small parts for a few HP here and there. You can just turn up what you already have
Old 03-06-2015, 09:09 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by CamminC5
Thank you sir!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:26 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Indeed.

Anyway, why even bother with bigger cams, if a small cam can do 9.16 @ 148 mph, as in the video.

Small cam = easy to tune, no smell, great mpg, no bucking or surging. Easy as a daily driver.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:10 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles
Indeed.

Anyway, why even bother with bigger cams, if a small cam can do 9.16 @ 148 mph, as in the video.

Small cam = easy to tune, no smell, great mpg, no bucking or surging. Easy as a daily driver.
Thanks

Because this is America and bigger is better!?!

I did leave out the ARH headers on the mod list above, sorry about that. It does have stock Zo6 mufflers too though.

I would personally take the funds allocated for the Fast and T/b and get a Mantic 9000 clutch, and the money set aside for heads into a meth kit and cam. That should also leave a little aside for tires!!
Old 03-06-2015, 01:41 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Thanks

I did leave out the ARH headers on the mod list above, sorry about that. It does have stock Zo6 mufflers too though.

I would personally take the funds allocated for the Fast and T/b and get a Mantic 9000 clutch, and the money set aside for heads into a meth kit and cam. That should also leave a little aside for tires!!
So with ported heads, blower cam, stage 1 fuel system, holley rails, alky meth I should pull the plate to clear 650rwhp?
Old 03-06-2015, 03:31 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by nullpointer
So with ported heads, blower cam, stage 1 fuel system, holley rails, alky meth I should pull the plate to clear 650rwhp?
Correct.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:43 PM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles
Indeed.

btw, Jay- 4DRUSH has been 8.78 with that cam. Powerglide trans, but that's not bad for a very small street able cam.
Old 03-07-2015, 07:05 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Old 03-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Ls2gtoowner
Burning Brakes

Thanks everyone for the advice. I appreciate it, the last car I had (05 Gto) was a N/A car so this blower setup is new to me. Learning all the time. I do have the dyno graph and numbers for the car and as soon as I get to a computer I will post it. I guessed 508rwhp and my friend guessed 497rwhp. We had a lunch bet on it...... Guess who won?? Lol
Old 03-09-2015, 08:13 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Thanks

i think shawn has 1 3/4 kooks
Old 03-10-2015, 04:32 PM
Ls2gtoowner
Burning Brakes

I forgot to get the Dyno graph uploaded but the car put down 511rwhp and 509Rwtq. I need different tires now haha the tires I have just aren't cutting it. Love the car and the new power
Old 03-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Chameleon T/A
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

For an example (which I'm sure some are sick of seeing ) The car in this video holds the record for the fastest stock bottom end C5.

Heads were never touched or off, all stock intake and throttle body etc. Only mods are the ECS kit, our small blower cam/springs, and meth injection. One hell of a good driver, and so-so tuning.

Shawn's ECS 2003 C5 STOCK LS1 Bottom End and Heads 9.16 @ 148mph - YouTube
What modifications were needed to fit the M&H 325/17 back there? I see the car has wide fenders... is that all?
Old 03-11-2015, 09:23 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by Chameleon T/A
What modifications were needed to fit the M&H 325/17 back there? I see the car has wide fenders... is that all?
Yes, that car has front brakes installed in the back to stall it higher also. You could go in with a tub kit and change the off set of the rims if you wanted the stock look.

Get notified of new replies

To Went to the dark side. CPR A+++

Quick Reply: Went to the dark side. CPR A+++