C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator top support and shroud ideas w/ ECS kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 05:08 AM
SmoothFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

My brother in-law and i made this about 12 years ago. i just used a piece of cardboard to figure out the size, etc, although found afterwards that the hood would hit the cover being flat across the top, hence the two cut outs on both sides, which i have foam underneigh it to attempt to keep the area sealed.

Not rocket science really, could easily get a piece of sheetmetal from home depot and cut something like this with tin snips.
Attached Images   
Old 05-20-2015, 06:37 PM
fsuforever
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SmoothFRC
My brother in-law and i made this about 12 years ago. i just used a piece of cardboard to figure out the size, etc, although found afterwards that the hood would hit the cover being flat across the top, hence the two cut outs on both sides, which i have foam underneigh it to attempt to keep the area sealed.

Not rocket science really, could easily get a piece of sheetmetal from home depot and cutsomething like this with tin snips.
Did u use stainless plate for your flames ? Looks like u may hade cut some Ss plate with a plasma & popped some holes in it , looks good i may do mine the same

Last edited by fsuforever; 05-20-2015 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:52 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RpeterK
Lets try and keep this positive. Seems that some are having a hard time.
Not that this should need to be explained but I will.

The drawings for the new parts were generated last month and although I cant pin down the date the original drawing was started I do know the original dxf was imported on 3/28 to my Solidworks computer. I know I did them. Unfortunately they were done on a car with an after market rad and also a 2000 head unit. which was all I had at the time to work with. The drawings can very easily be modified unlike finished parts. There is a car at ECS right now getting a 1500 kit that is completely stock. As soon as the car is ready I will be making any changes to the drawings and get the parts made up. This was the hold up. Blame it on me! When your talking about making a run of parts they need to be right especially for a car that is getting a kit that is stock. The parts will hold the rad down and in location unlike some other. The new shroud will also go over the rad and has slots provided for the retaining screws.

Also to the fella that said something about discussing making parts and not ever seeing them. I would really like to know if you have ever seen that with ECS. Holley and many others YES . Its a common thing for many companies to put out feelers to see if something is even worth pursuing. I dont think this has even happened at ECS. Sometimes things may take a little time to make happen but they happen. No other supercharger company has the wide coverage of Corvette supercharging parts including high HP specialty parts and allot of other related parts.

Mind you this change being offered on the C5 kit comes after selling kits since basically the cars avaiablilty to now. I personally just recently tried to purchase a new C5 AC bracket. NO LONGER Available Discontinued. So GM stops offering parts while we are making new parts.
Many parts are changed to make things better. ECS already had a kick *** tension setup and not that long ago a major change was made to provide a better one. Was it cheaper for the company NO but it was better for the customer. Better for the customer usually means the company will hopefully benefit also.

I could go on but I will leave you with some pics of what the parts will look like. Powder coated or plated black of course.

If anyone has a problem with something please let someone know at ECS . Best and fastest is direct contact. Worst case send me a pm if its regarding fitment. No one is going to dodge or beat around the bush. We are all very busy and despite the best efforts and or intentions sometimes things take longer then anyone wants.
Thank you for using ECS Products.

Please understand that final production parts will be a few weeks off. I will see if I can get some pre production parts finished next week sometime.

Bob

I know this may not mean much but Bob don't produce junk. Everything he does is calculated and has a purpose. I know people (myself included) get impatient from time to time, but this will be worth it. The man is highly intelligent and knows what the heck he's doing. He don't have a huge team of employees nor will he push a part out the door prematurely until he knows it's ready. I can't say I blame him. Give him time and I'd put money on it that you will be happy you did. He does the kind of stuff that makes a gear head happy to open his wallet. Most importantly, he puts the same attention to detail and love into the parts he makes as if they were going on his own car.

Bob it was nice talking to you the other day about my endeavors and future projects.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:32 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

We are getting close, we have a few C5 installs going here now and all of them will leave with the new shield. Shortly after we will have them in full production.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:26 PM
SmoothFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by fsuforever
Did u use stainless plate for your flames ? Looks like u may hade cut some Ss plate with a plasma & popped some holes in it , looks good i may do mine the same
mine is actually aluminum, the flame design was not my idea as my BIL is a bit of a flame nut, he took the liberty of putting them on there with his bead roller... i left with the part cut out and fitted and he apparently stayed later to 'fix it' his way .

it was all bare aluminum, and over the years it has seen better days, i recently painted it two tone to just hide the mess under the paint.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:07 PM
fsuforever
Drifting

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
We are getting close, we have a few C5 installs going here now and all of them will leave with the new shield. Shortly after we will have them in full production.
Hey Doug , What kind of Money am I expected to pay to get this product to my Door step ???
I do know a peice of 2ft by 3ft sheetmetal is 20 bucks at Lowes/I would definitely rather fork out a lil cash for one than trying to make a new one if they are available , also the cut down Dewitt's & the Novi 2k is what I'm running peace

Last edited by fsuforever; 05-24-2015 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:53 PM
fsuforever
Drifting

Hey Doug , What kind of Money am I expected to pay to get this product to my Door step ???
I do know a peice of 2ft by 3ft sheetmetal is 20 bucks at Lowes/I would definitely rather fork out a lil cash for one than trying to make a new one if they are available , also the cut down Dewitt's & the Novi 2k is what I'm running peace
Old 05-30-2015, 12:21 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Old 06-13-2015, 12:53 AM
fsuforever
Drifting

Is this decorative shroud gonna come out before it gets cold again ?? I called back in April & have had 1 guy put pics of , I really need one in a very bad way !i can't drive my car without the shroud being on the car ! Anyone wanna sell me their old one ?? Send me an email myothervette@yahoo.com

Last edited by fsuforever; 06-13-2015 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:49 PM
fsuforever
Drifting

Persistence is my specialty
Old 06-15-2015, 02:47 PM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Persistence is my specialty
I def need one, but my car is down so I am not in a hurry as long as the day comes at some point this summer.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:45 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I do know a peice of 2ft by 3ft sheetmetal is 20 bucks at Lowes
I really need one in a very bad way ! I can't drive my car without the shroud being on the car !
You need to borrow 20 bucks
Old 06-18-2015, 06:48 AM
fsuforever
Drifting

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
You need to borrow 20 bucks
What I need is a m f R to answer the phone
Btw Anybody ever told u ur a dick ? I just did !

Last edited by fsuforever; 06-18-2015 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:36 AM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Lets keep this thread clean so we can get updates on the product
Old 06-18-2015, 11:23 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

to answering the phone and updates... you guys ought to know by now how they operate... if Jay was serious about the $20 I'll match it just so you can get your own shroud made and get the car back on the road
Old 06-18-2015, 11:45 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

I just did one of there kits last week with the old style braces for the radiator support and cover
actually came out pretty good as is as long as u don't read the directions online

Last edited by blown81bu; 06-18-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:49 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321

We have completed the new shroud, but frankly I didn't like it better then the original, so it's back to the drawing board. You could see too much of the radiator threw the open slots, didn't look good.

Sorry guys.

Get notified of new replies

To Radiator top support and shroud ideas w/ ECS kit

Old 06-18-2015, 11:49 AM
DOUG @ ECS

Originally Posted by neutron82
to answering the phone and updates... you guys ought to know by now how they operate... if Jay was serious about the $20 I'll match it just so you can get your own shroud made and get the car back on the road
Run along little boy, run along.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:55 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Run along little boy, run along.
how about you just help your customers out instead of running away when they need help
Old 06-18-2015, 11:59 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Quick Reply: Radiator top support and shroud ideas w/ ECS kit