C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharged c5 z06 needs after boost

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 06:02 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandonkirk1994
sweet. thank you very much, i will look into getting one of those now. another question i have, what is better or which do you think is better? the v2 or v3? the self contained unit or the one that draws from the engines oil pan?

This is a question that will get a few different answers.

My thinking is that the oil fed units are best for making big power which is why Vortech don't offer a YSi in a self contained unit.

On the contrary, some of the big procharger head units are self contained.

I think it boils down to the philosophy of the engineers who design these superchargers.

With that said, if I were buying a vortech T trim, Id get the self contained unit. Saves from having to drill and tap the oil pan. :-)
Old 03-18-2015, 06:12 PM
Brandonkirk1994
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
This is a question that will get a few different answers.

My thinking is that the oil fed units are best for making big power which is why Vortech don't offer a YSi in a self contained unit.

On the contrary, some of the big procharger head units are self contained.

I think it boils down to the philosophy of the engineers who design these superchargers.

With that said, if I were buying a vortech T trim, Id get the self contained unit. Saves from having to drill and tap the oil pan. :-)
thank you for your input. that is true. i was thinking the same thing about the self contained units. what mods do you have on your car
Old 03-18-2015, 06:24 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

thank you for your input. that is true. i was thinking the same thing about the self contained units. what mods do you have on your car
It's a much shorter list if I tell you what I don't have. :-)

That would be... I don't enough transmission or rear end to handle all my power if I should decide to actually race my car.

I'll just say it makes well north of 900 whp.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:33 PM
Brandonkirk1994
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
It's a much shorter list if I tell you what I don't have. :-)

That would be... I don't enough transmission or rear end to handle all my power if I should decide to actually race my car.

I'll just say it makes well north of 900 whp.
Wow. That's amazing. Well I hope you don't mind if I come back to you for questions then lol.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:02 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Wow. That's amazing. Well I hope you don't mind if I come back to you for questions then lol.
thanks man!! I most certainly do not know everything. There are loads of people on this forum who have more experience and are more intelligent than I am. With that said, I should make it clear that my car started out as a kit from A&A and slowly evolved into something else. It's definitely not something you can go online and buy (not without making a few phone calls or sending a few emails anyway). The hart of my blower kit is still A&A/Vortech though. :-). I refuse to get rid of my A&A blower bracket because Andy is awesome (and in reality it works). I will admit that (my blower bracket) is currently in the process of being removed for a modified version of the same blower bracket to accept a tensioner that don't bolt to the bracket itself. (Got the new tensioner from ECS) (I also run their big intercooler (but be advised on my car, even that intercooler isn't ran exactly as ECS runs it on their kits.

Don't get that confused though. There was nothing wrong (power-handling wise) with the A&A blower bracket. It worked great!! This is just a personal preference thing for me in order to make belt changes easier in the future.

I'm not trying to scare you away from one thing or another I'm just saying that I'm crazy and I'm always looking for a way to improve things. :-). I accept that in my eyes my car will probably never be perfect.

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 03-18-2015 at 07:06 PM.

Quick Reply: supercharged c5 z06 needs after boost