C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is PFADT still around?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 04:17 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Is PFADT still around?

the reason I ask is because their online store still seems active...

http://store.pfadtracing.com/corvette/
Old 03-19-2015, 04:36 PM
CorvetteCoop
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pfadt was purchased by aFe Power. My understanding is some of the personnel from Pfadt moved over to aFe.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1588462404

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388015

http://afepower.com/

Last edited by CorvetteCoop; 03-19-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:57 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

So does that mean the products still exist and can be purchased?
Old 03-19-2015, 11:03 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
So does that mean the products still exist and can be purchased?
What do you want?
Old 03-19-2015, 11:38 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
What do you want?
probably needs some of their broken parts fixed... afe was on here for a short while trying to market pfadt parts again but I think that was stopped for whatever reason... best bet is to get in contact with afe
Old 03-20-2015, 02:14 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

What do you want?
Was just curious. Had a friend looking for one of their transmission mounts.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:45 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh they are around.. Bough out by AFE as mentioned above. I have been in touch with Aaron on a monthly basis trying to resolve some issues with their sway bars and the communication is really awful, then again it always has been.

The bushings and end links that were supplied with the Johnny O series sway bars were ill fitting and poorly designed in my opinion and although Aaron says that he is comfortable with that past product and that they still sell it to people, he is revising the bushings and end links. I have been in touch with him since December and patience is pretty much gone at this point. The issues being resolved were that the bushings fit far to tight and need to be shimmed and the end links would bind against the bars with extended travel. I don't believe this to be a huge issue to resolve, just a matter of having new bushings made to tighter tolerances and accurate specifications and supplying different end links/changing bar geometry.

Either way, its a waiting game and he promises me that its being resolved and that I will have updated product soon.

Here is his direct contact information as well as someone else at AFE that ive been dealing with:

Aaron Pfadt - Aaronp@afecontrol.com
Josh Biggers - joshb@afepower.com
Old 03-20-2015, 10:05 AM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Tony, do a search on sway bar pillow blocks, lots of aftermarket pillows & end links
Old 03-20-2015, 10:15 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Tony, do a search on sway bar pillow blocks, lots of aftermarket pillows & end links
Thanks Jay, I have looked around. The parts are for my buddies car that we trailer down to bowling green every year and he would rather not spend any more money on the suspension. If pfadt doesn't resolve it I will most likely machine a set of pillow blocks for it myself and work on that end link issue. Trying to get free replacement parts though before I go that route.

Working on designing another car trailer at the moment, gonna build a bigger one.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:49 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks gents!!
Old 03-20-2015, 01:15 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Thanks Jay, I have looked around. The parts are for my buddies car that we trailer down to bowling green every year and he would rather not spend any more money on the suspension. If pfadt doesn't resolve it I will most likely machine a set of pillow blocks for it myself and work on that end link issue. Trying to get free replacement parts though before I go that route.

Working on designing another car trailer at the moment, gonna build a bigger one.
What the hell are you going to haul now a 18 wheeler. Man don't need any thing better than the one you had...

Man does nice work here.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:16 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by robert miller
What the hell are you going to haul now a 18 wheeler. Man don't need any thing better than the one you had...

Man does nice work here.
That last one I built was a 16 footer. Although purpose built to haul a corvette, it was just a little to short. So im building a 18 footer and im going to bend a tube rack to hold wheels/tires for the front of it. Same design basically though. 4" drop axles, super low deck. Never had a problem loading a slammed on coilovers corvette on that thing. This should be no different.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:01 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

That last one I built was a 16 footer. Although purpose built to haul a corvette, it was just a little to short. So im building a 18 footer and im going to bend a tube rack to hold wheels/tires for the front of it. Same design basically though. 4" drop axles, super low deck. Never had a problem loading a slammed on coilovers corvette on that thing. This should be no different.
Make it aluminum
Old 03-20-2015, 03:08 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Make it aluminum
I wanna be able to haul a skid loader and a tractor on it as well, aluminum wont take the weight unless grossly overbuilt according to the stress tests Ive ran with solidworks.

Im good with it being steel, doesn't bounce around and don't have to worry about welds cracking. If it was stricktly for a #3500 car I would consider it. I have enough Aluminum Channel in my shop to do it!

Last edited by breecher_7; 03-20-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:12 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

I wanna be able to haul a skid loader and a tractor on it as well, aluminum wont take the weight according to the stress tests Ive ran with solidworks.

Im good with it being steel, doesn't bounce around and don't have to worry about welds cracking. If it was stricktly for a #3500 car I would consider it. I have enough Aluminum Channel in my shop to do it!
Tractor I told you 18 wheeler. Well maybe just the cab then.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:13 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by robert miller
Tractor I told you 18 wheeler. Well maybe just the cab then.
You gonna have that C7Z by September?
Old 03-21-2015, 08:21 AM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Any Motorcycle trailers?

Get notified of new replies

To Is PFADT still around?

Old 03-23-2015, 02:54 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

Good Luck Mike. Last time I talked with them I got a run around, and didn't seem like they really wanted my money. Hope you guys with damaged stuff get it fixed.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:46 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

You gonna have that C7Z by September?
Got almost all the stuff sold, but still have a few more things but all the big $$ parts gone other than the blower set up. May have to drop the price a little more.on it. Then the car to sell it also.

I am hoping to have it and also for sure driving it in Sept.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:45 PM
D.Woods
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanna be able to haul a skid loader and a tractor on it as well, aluminum wont take the weight unless grossly overbuilt according to the stress tests Ive ran with solidworks.

Mind posting up a pic of it? I'm interested to see this, and have thought about designing one myself. Me and my dad built a smaller trailer back in the day, so I'm sure it could be done again haha. Or pm me, so we don't hijack the thread any worse

Quick Reply: Is PFADT still around?