C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who have Kenne Bell blower step inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 04:58 PM
JJ 86
Safety Car

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Those who have Kenne Bell blower step inside

I'm doing some research and i'm not seeing too many people running these blowers. I'm sure there are at least a few on here that have them installed. I'm not looking for a peak HP number but I want a fun street car and want to be different. Can you post up pics of your setup and talk about the pros and cons of this particular blower setup?
Old 04-09-2015, 05:31 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by JJ 86
I'm doing some research and i'm not seeing too many people running these blowers. I'm sure there are at least a few on here that have them installed. I'm not looking for a peak HP number but I want a fun street car and want to be different. Can you post up pics of your setup and talk about the pros and cons of this particular blower setup?
I had one IAT out of the roof, heat build up had to go with aftermarket radiator. Kenne Bell was so bad on the vetts kenne bell stopped making them for the c5 vette.

Look at a turbo are a front mount blower you will be much better off. Now for your second CON to me, why do you want a blower on your car that totally come in full power under 2700 RPM all you are going to do is spin your tires off & up in smoke. If your not moving you will not win a race.

But the KB is fun if that is what you are looking at doing in your car.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:50 PM
JJ 86
Safety Car

Originally Posted by robert miller
I had one IAT out of the roof, heat build up had to go with aftermarket radiator. Kenne Bell was so bad on the vetts kenne bell stopped making them for the c5 vette.

Look at a turbo are a front mount blower you will be much better off. Now for your second CON to me, why do you want a blower on your car that totally come in full power under 2700 RPM all you are going to do is spin your tires off & up in smoke. If your not moving you will not win a race.

But the KB is fun if that is what you are looking at doing in your car.
Not looking to be the quickest, just want something that's fun to drive and a little different. I see someone has a KB for sale here and was curious to see what others have done. Also, I know twin screw type blowers are not the favorite on the forum so I'm assuming most who have them do not post. I'm curious as to what they have to say. I'm not entirely apposed to running an A&A kit or ECS either.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:44 PM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

If you want to go PD , get the new heartbeat, or jackshaft Maggie TVS 2300, or the edelbrock. You can make these fast, but it takes more cash,
If you want to go extreme, go with centri.
Huron speed is coming out with a new twin turbo kit soon, if I was starting, I would wait for that.
Robert is right, very few kenne bells here.
I run the jackshaft Maggie, it makes a fun street car!!
Old 04-11-2015, 03:39 AM
NITRO UK
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi , few years back now but might be of interest .

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...g-fun-yet.html

For what I wanted out of a blower it was great 533 rw out of the box , stock motor .

I personally never had any problems at all .

I sold the car a few years back , and wished I hadn't , so got another z and have gone TVS2300 .

If you do go with that KB , try and make sure you get ALL the parts from the seller .

Centri`s are the most popular ,I have zero knowledge of them , think I just like the look of a PD blower on top of a motor .

See if you can get a ride in a TVS car and a centri
Old 04-11-2015, 06:07 AM
Crabr1
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a KB blower. I like it but if I could of done it over I'd of went with something else. I'm just under 600rwhp and I've had it for at least 5 yrs now,probably 40,000 miles. I like the looks of the polished KB over the front mounted ones,but I think those are better,lot less heat under the hood. My cars not the fastest Vette,but it does get out of its way when needed.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:03 PM
JJ 86
Safety Car

Thanks for the advise!
Old 04-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Excessive ZO6
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been running a KB since the beginning of the kits. Has always turned more heads than any other car at the meets. The power comes on from 2000 rpms and feels like it never stops. The only downside I have ever had is the high IAT's but that can be tamed a little with a bigger coolant reservoir. A lot of the mustang owners are running 2-3 gallon tanks and it helps. I know im not going to be the fastest on the street but that does not matter to me. Its about the experience and being different than the hair dryer guys.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:27 PM
Excessive ZO6
Racer

Old 04-13-2015, 03:56 AM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

I had the Big bore 2.8L with many modifications. We started to try and push it past 600rwhp and it was a mess. I am in the middle of a TT 6265 build now.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Excessive ZO6
Racer

What reservoir tank were you using and how much more fluid did it hold over the one that came with the KB kit?

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
I had the Big bore 2.8L with many modifications. We started to try and push it past 600rwhp and it was a mess. I am in the middle of a TT 6265 build now.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:27 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Excessive ZO6
What reservoir tank were you using and how much more fluid did it hold over the one that came with the KB kit?
Jegs 3 gallon wedge shape. You can see it in the battery compartment in the picture.

That blower would turn ice into scolding hot water in the matter of one dyno pull.

Get notified of new replies

To Those who have Kenne Bell blower step inside

Quick Reply: Those who have Kenne Bell blower step inside