C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger Guys and also Texas Guys step in

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 11:08 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Default Procharger Guys and also Texas Guys step in

My buddy is thinking about buying a one owner 28,000 P1SC Z.

The car was supercharged in 2006 at 20,000 miles by Fuel Injector Specialties. The bearings in the head unit were replaced last year.

I'm going to take a compression test kit and check that out, and for the simple stuff. But we won't have access to a lift. 8,000 miles on 6psi seems low to me to be replacing bearings, in a 6psi car but I guess anything is possible if the seals leaked and it drained oil.

I'm not a Procharger guy. What should I look for? Also, does anybody know if this kit has a boost a pump? Doesn't appear to, so I've advised him to install one, pulley down, add an Alky control single nozzle with an M15 to the car. It should be around 500rwhp now on a dynojet, and that should put him around 575rwhp, fine for a DD.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:20 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Old 04-17-2015, 11:25 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Old 04-17-2015, 11:28 PM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Last but not least, does anybody know if FIS in San Antonio used to lock their tunes?
Old 04-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Big Jt
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. looks like a tuner kit..from website "Tuner Kits are also used on stock engines when a ProCharger dealer will be supplying the fuel system and custom tuning.

2. With 38 pound injectors, i doubt any BAP or anything else was used..

3. If a CPU was locked, you flash it to stock, then continue with a tune that your going to get anyways when added meth..anybody that actual does tuning can do it or there is a guy in Houston that will do it for $50/$100

4. Prochargers can go a long time without any oil in them.. I have personally seen it done. If you see oil residue behind the pulley, it doesn't always mean its leaking, it might mean they haven't setup the pressure properly by venting it when its hot vs cold.

5. I fall out of bed making 6 psi, I doubt the bearing were replaced.. so take the serial number, call procharger, ask for tech support for "a blower you already have" and give the the serial number, they will tell you when the blower was made and everything that has ever been done to it in it's lifetime. done and done.

Get notified of new replies

To Procharger Guys and also Texas Guys step in

Quick Reply: Procharger Guys and also Texas Guys step in