C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to calculate belt length with pulley change..

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 09:44 AM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Trying to calculate belt length with pulley change..

Hey guys

I am having an issue where my belt is touching the top of the fixed ribbed idler on a A&A bracket kit. This is due to running a 2.85" blower pulley and can be fixed by changing the fixed idler ribbed pulley out for one that is 1/2 and inch smaller in diameter.

My question is how much does that effect the belt length. Obviously it needs to be a shorter length but can anyone provide an equation of approx. how much ?

thx
Old 05-01-2015, 01:31 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MotleyDrew
Hey guys

I am having an issue where my belt is touching the top of the fixed ribbed idler on a A&A bracket kit. This is due to running a 2.85" blower pulley and can be fixed by changing the fixed idler ribbed pulley out for one that is 1/2 and inch smaller in diameter.

My question is how much does that effect the belt length. Obviously it needs to be a shorter length but can anyone provide an equation of approx. how much ?

thx
Take the diameter of the original one and calculate the circumference of it. (2 pi* R or pi * D) and compare that to the circumference of the new, smaller one. Your belt length change will be less than or equal to that, depending on how much wrap is involved on that pulley. I would start with reducing the belt length by .6x the difference between the two and find the belt closest to that number.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:22 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Take the diameter of the original one and calculate the circumference of it. (2 pi* R or pi * D) and compare that to the circumference of the new, smaller one. Your belt length change will be less than or equal to that, depending on how much wrap is involved on that pulley. I would start with reducing the belt length by .6x the difference between the two and find the belt closest to that number.
thx bud...I have a belt that is .7 shorter than the one I have now. Hoping it will fit.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:33 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Might have a bad or missing roll over valve. The valve sits a little higher than the tank so no fuel should flow to the evap only vapors.

Get notified of new replies

To Trying to calculate belt length with pulley change..

Quick Reply: Trying to calculate belt length with pulley change..