C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous help...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 12:41 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

Default Nitrous help...

looking to run nitrous on my 03 c5z, so much to choose from plate, nozzle, one peace maf's and so on, then progressive controllers window switches yada yada yada making my head spin!

I just installed heads, cam & fast92/ls2 Tb

i'm not looking for a huge shot some where between 75 to 125 max

whats a decent setup?
pros/cons of nozzle vs plate?
would I or should I use a progressive controller?
what window switch/tps unit?
what should be used for timing controller
fuel pressure switch?

I dont plain on using the setup a lot just in those must use cases really

so what makes for a good setup on a budget? what brands should or shouldn't be used?
Old 05-17-2015, 01:58 PM
igtabg1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plate all the way for best distribution of nitrous, but it depends on your budget. Nitrous express , nitrous outlet, and dynotune all have very excellent customer service and support. I don't run a progressive, but they help a lot for traction. I personally run the nitrous outlet brand x kit with a nitrous outlet plate. The brand x is nitrous outlets budget kit. As far as the fuel pressure safety switches. I've never used one , heard way too many negative things on them but I have a fuel pressure gauge in my car so I keep a eye on fuel that way. Nitrous express and nitrous outlet are both vendors on this site , give them a call and they will help you out a lot.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:10 AM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I'd recommend a plate system over a nozzle, as well. A plate will give you much better distribution, and the ability to spray more. We have plate systems in both the soft steel-braid line kits, and the hard-line kits. Though a steel braid kit will be a little cheaper, the hard-line kit will be a much cleaner install.
As far as a window switch or progressive, it's really up to you with only a 100 shot. However, a progressive will help with any traction issues you may have. For the timing controller I'd go with the Lingenfelter LNC-2000. It's a easy install, and also has a 2-step function.
A few other things you may consider to help your system stay safe and performing at it's best is a bottle heater and purge kit. The Fuel Pressure Safety Switches do sometimes give trouble- however, usually they just need to be set If you have a problem with one, just give us a call and we can walk you through getting it set at the correct pressure. Here's some links to things you might useful-

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/efi-wet...uel-rails.html

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...cessories.html

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...purge-kit.html

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/electro...ontroller.html

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/electro...ontroller.html

Let me know if you have any questions- I'd be more than happy to help you out!

-Andy
Old 05-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Andy thanks for the input

my problem is I have a full kit i pieced together for my truck that never got installed but it's a nozzle wet kit with purge, warmer and so on, I'd like to just buy all new kit but budget is pretty blown with the recent H/C/I swap I just got true with so looking for the best route that is most budget friendly. if i used parts that I have on hand i'd still need plate, LNC-2000, pluming & window switch witch is $700+ vs from what I can tell $1,200 for all new

so just trying to figure out how I can get this done with my budget and have a well working setup, used parts would save me a bunch but really nothing out there
Old 05-18-2015, 12:18 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

We have just plate conversions available also, they run about 299.99. It'll include the plate, jets, and mounting hardware. If you already have most of the kit..that along with a window switch and LNC2000 would get you set. Even for a 100 hit you still need to pull timing, around 4 degrees, and go to a 7 range plug like the NGK BR7EF. So if you don't want to run separate tunes for nitrous and motor, the LNC is well worth it.

-Andy

Last edited by NitrousOutlet; 05-18-2015 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:28 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Unless you have HP tuners and like having to key the car on and off to retard timing. The LNC is great. You can have it pull timing when the solenoids are open or pull it when the system is armed. This is a great way to do motor runs and keep the power in it, then when you are ready to spray. It pulls retards the timing and your are set to let her eat.

-Lance
Old 05-18-2015, 04:50 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet
Unless you have HP tuners and like having to key the car on and off to retard timing. The LNC is great. You can have it pull timing when the solenoids are open or pull it when the system is armed. This is a great way to do motor runs and keep the power in it, then when you are ready to spray. It pulls retards the timing and your are set to let her eat.

-Lance
Back when I was a nitrous junky, I used the LNC controller to pull timing. I only ran a 100 shot, but I was very comfortable using this system.

It is ridiculously easy to set up and use.

I'm afraid I might fall off the wagon after I visit your shop next month when I'm in Texas...
Old 05-18-2015, 05:03 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Capthuff
Back when I was a nitrous junky, I used the LNC controller to pull timing. I only ran a 100 shot, but I was very comfortable using this system.

It is ridiculously easy to set up and use.

I'm afraid I might fall off the wagon after I visit your shop next month when I'm in Texas...
I can show you just half the shop, that way you won't spend too much

-Lance
Old 05-19-2015, 08:50 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Contrary to popular belief. Doing Nitrous "right" is not cheap.... Conversely throwing a kit together can be catastrophic. Sure you can run a 75-100 shot on a stock bottom end fairly "safe"... The tune is paramount...., the window switch, LNC are a must imho.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:33 AM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06
Contrary to popular belief. Doing Nitrous "right" is not cheap.... Conversely throwing a kit together can be catastrophic. Sure you can run a 75-100 shot on a stock bottom end fairly "safe"... The tune is paramount...., the window switch, LNC are a must imho.
the tuner suggested i by a Hp tuner setup to switch between tunes one for nitrous and one with out but really dont want to go down that road. I like the idea of the LNC as it will retard the timing just when needed over switching tunes, once its all installed it will be fine tuned on the dyno

question about the nitrous when shifting, do you setup the window switch so it shuts off the nitrous before shifting or does it get tied in to the clutch peddle? if it can be done either way witch is better?
Old 05-19-2015, 12:46 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Stroker87
the tuner suggested i by a Hp tuner setup to switch between tunes one for nitrous and one with out but really dont want to go down that road. I like the idea of the LNC as it will retard the timing just when needed over switching tunes, once its all installed it will be fine tuned on the dyno

question about the nitrous when shifting, do you setup the window switch so it shuts off the nitrous before shifting or does it get tied in to the clutch peddle? if it can be done either way witch is better?
It will just tie into a tach signal. And you will just set the window switch to come on at about 3000rpm's (your tuner might like it set somewhere else, but too low can cause detonation to occur) and you will want it to cut off 200rpm's before your rev limiter and you are set.

-Lance
Old 05-19-2015, 04:47 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

are the Schnitz Micro Storm Progressive Nitrous Controller any good?

says its a WOT, TPS, window switch & progressive all in one
Old 05-19-2015, 06:25 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Stroker87
are the Schnitz Micro Storm Progressive Nitrous Controller any good?

says its a WOT, TPS, window switch & progressive all in one
I have never even heard of that controller.

Biggest thing to look for when looking for a controller is the tech help for that product.

-Lance
Old 05-19-2015, 10:16 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet
I have never even heard of that controller.

Biggest thing to look for when looking for a controller is the tech help for that product.

-Lance
ok slowly getting this together! I was able to score one of your 90mm plate #00-42014 and got the Schnitz Micro Storm today nib VERY budget friendly!

now I'd like to know is it very expensive to run hard lines? I'd like to try and keep the engine bay clean as I can by running hard lines under the engine covers to the solenoids witch I want to mount someplace near the battery

I noticed on your site today there is a bunch of different solenoids sizes what is the size i would need to support up to a 125 shot?

if you can give me a price on lines and solenoids for a wet setup with purge, if i can swing it i'd like all that to be new
Old 05-20-2015, 08:38 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

I am running the Leash Electronic Progressive Controller.. Not budget friendly...

Old 05-20-2015, 08:39 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Current set up....
Old 05-20-2015, 08:56 AM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

0H1Z06, that looks good

the plate I have coming has rear fittings so its not going to look as clean but for what i paid and my budget i'm still smiling lol

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous help...

Old 05-20-2015, 10:25 AM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Solenoid Brackets- 65.99
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...90mm-92mm.html

Hard Lines- 35.00
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/hard-li...-to-plate.html

Purge Kit- 119.99
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...purge-kit.html

Our plate systems use the .122 Nitrous solenoid and the .187 Fuel Solenoid

.122- 119.99
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...-solenoid.html

.187- 89.99
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrous...-solenoid.html

Hope this is what all you're looking for!

-Andy
Old 05-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

do you sell hard line that can be custom bent? i dont want to mount the solenoids on the manifold

thanks
Old 05-20-2015, 10:59 AM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

I can't really custom bend them without getting your intake and all in the shop. I can sell you just the lines though and you can bend them yourself-

-Andy

Quick Reply: Nitrous help...