C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gauges what you think?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 10:35 PM
ri-vette
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default gauges what you think?

need to get some gauges just order a dual pillar pod. now looking for some gauges. going to get a wideband and a boost gauge and a mini shift light. was wondering whats the most poplar setup out their?? also going to be changing my inter. lights to white led would like the gauges to match.

i just have a procharger putting down 445 rwhp
Old 05-25-2015, 12:58 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Go with the Dual Interceptors from Aeroforce. Super easy to install as it plugs into the OBD port and reads just about everything that you can read with HP Tuners. Each guage has 2 items it can display. Many different color combos too. $400 for the Dual setup and you supply your own 2 guage pillar ($70 or so and up).
Old 05-25-2015, 04:01 AM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

thats interesting. but you cant use them when logging (hptuners/efilive), right?
Old 05-25-2015, 07:20 AM
ri-vette
Instructor

i thought having independent sensors (not using the OEM computer) would be more accurate? i just order the AEM wideband. now got more more hole to fill. what about shift lights????
Old 05-25-2015, 09:34 AM
CactusCat
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Correct, they cannot be used while logging with HPTuners/EFIlive but at that point, they're not really needed. My whole intent on having guages is being safe while not using HP Tuners or on the dyno. I don't do my own tuning, I use a local guy for that. So it's not biggie for me. But on top of that, the AeroForce guages just plain look cool. Each guage can display 2 thing simultaneously so that makes it good for just about everything. My main concerns are boost, AFR, and fuel pressure. So I can pick what I'd like the 4th item that is shown. They're really pretty cool.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:09 PM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you tune yourself they are needed when logging.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:23 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 396 Likes on 361 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
If you tune yourself they are needed when logging.
I do my own tuning and use an aeroforce when not. When tuning you don't need any gauges as everything the gauge would show is showing in hp tuners.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:39 AM
PhysicsDude55
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm partial to the PLX gauges. Nice easy to read digital gauges even in direct sun. Didn't care for the Innovative wideband gauge I had before it... too hard to read in the sunlight which is a bummer when driving a boosted convertible

Aeroforce gauges would be a nice setup too. If the current model of the gauges was out when I bought my setup I probably would have went with Aeroforce. So much flexibility with them, albeit at a bit of a price premium.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:57 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm sure there is a way to use them while data logging with HP Tuners. What about adding a second OBD II port? I'll admit They're pretty cool gauges. Had two or 3 in another platform.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:24 AM
ri-vette
Instructor

just order the fuel and wide band AEM gauges. now looking for a mini shift light?
Old 05-26-2015, 07:32 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 396 Likes on 361 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
I'm sure there is a way to use them while data logging with HP Tuners. What about adding a second OBD II port? I'll admit They're pretty cool gauges. Had two or 3 in another platform.
There are splitters but when I have the gauge and HPT both connected the A/F reads wrong on both. With either one alone it's perfect.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:14 PM
JT FRC 00
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ri-vette
just order the fuel and wide band AEM gauges. now looking for a mini shift light?
Raptor shift lights are nice. Small, bright, different colors to choose, and dip switches to set them. Very happy with mine
Old 05-27-2015, 03:38 AM
reactor2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Gauges: Fuel Pressure, Boost, AFR (PLX)

For everything else:
PLX wifi kiwi 2 ODBII adapter, iPhone (w/ DashCommand app or other) and you can monitor basically everything available through the ODBII interface. You can customize the GUI to suite your needs. Mount an iPad mini in your dash and you'll have a really slick set of gauges.

http://www.plxdevices.com/Kiwi-OBD2-...7346002344.htm

Last edited by reactor2; 05-27-2015 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:06 PM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by PhysicsDude55
I'm partial to the PLX gauges. Nice easy to read digital gauges even in direct sun. Didn't care for the Innovative wideband gauge I had before it... too hard to read in the sunlight which is a bummer when driving a boosted convertible

Aeroforce gauges would be a nice setup too. If the current model of the gauges was out when I bought my setup I probably would have went with Aeroforce. So much flexibility with them, albeit at a bit of a price premium.
but the plx afr gauge only has an analog output for logging, right?
Old 05-27-2015, 05:01 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,195 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by PhysicsDude55

Agree.. I've had both and very much prefer the PLX wideband. Why? Because it actually works.. the Innovate worked fine for about 6 months then I started getting errors all the time on it along with it being blatantly inaccurate even with a brand new sensor/fresh calibration.

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
I have tested this actually

Using dash logic (C6) you CAN log in HP Tuners and have Dash Logic going at the same time. The key is getting HP Tuners recording FIRST. If you try to do it after dash logic is plugged in it won't work. Logging rates in HPT were same as normal

I've also tried using an ELM327 for some basic logging while logging in HP Tuners and while it worked, the logging rates were horrible.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:21 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,195 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by romandian
but the plx afr gauge only has an analog output for logging, right?
It has a serial output, 5V output and 1V output

Get notified of new replies

To gauges what you think?

Quick Reply: gauges what you think?