C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

408ci LS2 + YSI + Nitrous C5 Z06 Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 11:36 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT56
10psi boost is low. Do a boost-leak check and make sure your BOV is properly connected and working. If it doesn't have a boost source connected to it, it can get pushed open and leak your boost out. Let me know if I can help.
Mentioned on thread in LS1tech. 10lbs seems very low for that combo.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:28 AM
venomws7
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Update after talking to bret we found a cut hose going to the BOV

Last night numbers even though I still think we can get 850rwhp on 20-22 timing Like Bret also mentioned but the tuner said it's very safe until the smaller pulley and race fuel.

Making 18psi just before the 6900-7000rpm mid range showing 15-16psi

Any comments/Help are welcome for me I think it should make mid to high 800 on that boost level on pump and meth with more timing then 2.85 pulley on C16&Meth it should be over 950rwhp

What do you guys think? Should we go with the smaller pulley already?

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT56
10psi boost is low. Do a boost-leak check and make sure your BOV is properly connected and working. If it doesn't have a boost source connected to it, it can get pushed open and leak your boost out. Let me know if I can help.
Thanks for all the help and info I really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Mentioned on thread in LS1tech. 10lbs seems very low for that combo.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:39 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Solid numbers... Personally.. I like more boost and less timing. I think I'd throw the 2.75 pulley on it, pull the timing back to 15* initially, then make some pulls and see where it ends up. Then go up from there on the timing if you have a dual nozzle meth on it. I think 20-21 psi/15* will make 850 rwhp and be plenty safe on 93/meth (M15/M10).

Ofcourse all of this is strictly my opinion based on my limited experience with my own car, take it with a grain of salt... but listen to the pros...

I'll just say that more then 17* of timing scares me on 93/meth, even with accurate plug readings and seem good.

There are lots of guys here with YSIs with 2.85" pulleys making well over 950rwhp on pump/meth on similar sized engines with similar combos, so maybe you just need to spin it harder, make more power every where.

Although 800 rwhp is a great level to be at on the street....probably the best.

Quick Reply: 408ci LS2 + YSI + Nitrous C5 Z06 Build