C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finally install my wideband lean... reduce engine power..

Old 06-06-2015, 06:48 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

If the case is really where the tuner says all he does is tune then sure. Though most of the tuners I know are capable of diagnosing and fixing issues and if they aren't themselves they know or have Someone who is. Unless I'm reading and or understanding this wrong it seems that the car left the Dyno tuner running like it was supposed to and then it began acting up.

This is why I said I don't think automatically assuming there's a tuning issue is the best course of action. I'm not saying it isn't a tuning issue but I think it's more wise to rule out everything first instead of first blaming issues on the competency of the tuner.

I guess we do agree that the car does need to be mechanically and electrically looked over to rule out mechanical or electrical issues with reasonable confidence.

This is why after reading the OP's concerns I told him it's a wise idea to check the plug wires. It's something easy that most are capable of doing. If the tuner has to do that kind of stuff I don't think he would be wrong for saying hey I'm going to charge you for it. On that same note, if he decided not to charge him for that and it fixes the stumbling breaking up, misfiring issue than that's cool too. If the OP did the check himself and discovered a problem then it's valuable info he could relay to the tuner if he decides to go back.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:42 AM
ri-vette
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

thanx for all the responses. a lil back round on myself im 31 years im a full time tech. i have alot of knowledge on vehicles. but dont know everything at all. this isnt my first boost car i have a procharged 2002 must GT also. only reason i got this C5 FRC was because i think i got it for a steel $15,000 with 28,xxx. he was asking $25,000 it sat for 2 years.(previous owner passed away)

ok as for last night went out to meet a friend thats got a GTO LS2 with 100 shot nitrous. he said got got 450hp and 550 TQ (i think). we went at it and i beat him all three times (roll start whateva he wanted). after getting off the highway boom my DIC say reduce engine power. fuel pressure was about 55 psi and my wide band was full lean and read (---) cycle the key still running like **** left it off for a min and it started up and smoking from the tail pipes ran normal. also when im at WOT its full rich like 10.5. fuel jumps around i think i seen it got to 45 psi quick i have a digital gauge AEM. then when i have going home it did it again. pulled over and wait then cleared up. when i got off the freeway and i did a WOt first and when i shifted to second i felt a huge hesitation like i hit the brake then took off to WOT. i real think its the MAF he delete off the system. not giving me the code.

i was referred from a buddy of mine to this tuner.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:24 AM
ri-vette
Instructor

At the tuner now he found a p0101 code also anything I should tell him? Still having the hesition
Old 06-22-2015, 09:41 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Need to see a log and tune.

Is it running speed density or MAF or both?

There are some tables that compare MAF vs. VE airflow for different conditions. If the difference is too high it'll throw an error or two. Not sure if it's for this one, but that's the first thing that comes to mind
Old 06-28-2015, 08:10 AM
ri-vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by schpenxel

There are some tables that compare MAF vs. VE airflow for different conditions. If the difference is too high it'll throw an error or two. Not sure if it's for this one, but that's the first thing that comes to mind

im still running the MAF. he said he changed tables and it seems to be running better. but still have a hesitation around town driving normal. spikes to 16.9 on my wideband. at about 2,000 rpms. should i get the table from my tuner?
Old 06-28-2015, 08:23 AM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Why isnt this "tuner" able to diagnose the problem when he has the car and all the information available to him ?
Old 06-28-2015, 08:33 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by ri-vette
im still running the MAF. he said he changed tables and it seems to be running better. but still have a hesitation around town driving normal. spikes to 16.9 on my wideband. at about 2,000 rpms. should i get the table from my tuner?
Is the 16.9 happening during quick throttle changes or just under normal conditions? Shouldn't be happening either way.. That is very lean.

Agree with the other poster.. This sounds like basic stuff. The tuner should be able to fix this stuff in his sleep
Old 06-28-2015, 03:22 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
No they don't move can't you fix that!
It's worksafe but I probably wouldn't click on it at work
'https://i.imgur.com/01P5ZmF.gif
Old 06-29-2015, 02:40 PM
ri-vette
Instructor

asked him for the log and tune and he said can send it cause i have no way of loading it. made a appointment monday to see him
Old 06-29-2015, 03:07 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

Plenty of us here can open them if he's using HP Tuners
Old 06-30-2015, 07:17 PM
ri-vette
Instructor

Plenty of us here can open them if he's using HP Tuners

how do i get hp tuners?
Old 06-30-2015, 07:23 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '15

http://files.hptuners.com/VCM%20Suite/VCM%20Suite.msi for a trial of the software

You have to buy an interface if you want to do anything beyond that though. $499 or $649 depending on which version you get

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: finally install my wideband lean... reduce engine power..