C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80 conversion,trans brake,fresh COAN converter

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 11:54 AM
highpockets
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 4L80 conversion,trans brake,fresh COAN converter

Going back to stock(yes,really) selling a 4L80 conversion,trans brake,COAN converter setup for big turbo car,torque tube,offset mounts,C6Z rear,scattershield,billet spline drive off flywheel,SFI flywheel,shifter,cable whole assembly. Possibly C6Z rear cradle/arms as well. Asking $6500 for trans setup with converter and all misc pieces,add $1500 for C6Z rear. Trans was just freshed local,has NOT been driven since,converter just back from COAN,trans brake/VB assy just back from Rossler. ( As a note,this project has been a long road,I should note that JUST may translate into a year ago plus although car has NOT moved out of the garage)
427 LSX engine has been SOLD,Sorry !

Complete turbo kit and I use that term loosely. This has been setup and run(in the garage) NO boost,probably 10 min total run time. Twin ball bearing Turbonetics 7668 turbos, twin JGS BOV and wastegates,stainless forward mount headers,FMIC,mandrel bent piping,all tig welded with Vbands. This requires EXTENSIVE mods to install,this is nowhere close to a "bolt on" kit. I would consider race only just FYI ! Look at the pics,ask questions if you like. Asking $7500 for whole turbo kit incl exhaust back to flywheel.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:57 AM
highpockets
Drifting

Complete Holley Dominator setup,incl V2 computer dual NTK wideband sensors(like new) multiple wiring harnesses incl trans 4L80 harness,boost control aux harness,rear aux harness,spare inj harness. Touchscreen display. $3500 shipped.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:00 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Holley Pro flo intake/fuel rails modified to help clear cowl, will still need to cut !
$750 shipped

Holley 160lbs injectors,idle time only(fighting a problem with billet atomizers) like new $500 shipped.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:45 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Cant believe I did that,Mods,could you move to the for sale section ???? Sorry !
Old 07-14-2015, 01:06 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Leave it here, copy and paste!

Don't forget pics!
Old 07-14-2015, 01:15 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Leave it here, copy and paste!

Don't forget pics!
Thanks buddy,I will do that. More pics tonight I hope,garage is a mess at the moment as I set everything aside to get the engine out.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:32 PM
b16gsr
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

hate to see it come to this, but GLWS
Old 07-14-2015, 10:01 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

How much work to the tunnel to fit the 80?
Old 07-14-2015, 11:00 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Originally Posted by Capthuff
How much work to the tunnel to fit the 80?
Its not for the faint of heart. The last foot approx of tunnel needs to be flared out all around to clear,the inner supports for the tunnel plate need trimming,brake lines and wiring need to be carefully routed and exhaust will need to be redone to clear.Its documented on here,I know several have done it,I would personally talk to Fran or RPM as they pioneered this setup.
As a side note,I would take a Tr6060 setup in trade plus,need everything though,trans,bellhousing TT and all. NOT looking for a race setup,just a good solid used trans.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:52 AM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

What pissed you off, you were so close....
Old 07-15-2015, 09:26 AM
highpockets
Drifting

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
What pissed you off, you were so close....
Not pissed,just no spark. I walk by the car,sit in it,nothing. Not sure why but its not there. Buddy needed an engine NOW for a project,asked me what I had or could do.Told him the only thing I had was my LSX and threw out a silly # came back the next day with a big stack of 100s and told me to pull it. So that started this end I guess. I must be getting old,my work truck is just fine for me,maybe a reverse midlife crisis,IDK. I am sure I will miss it at some point. Thanks for asking though.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:52 PM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by highpockets
Not pissed,just no spark. I walk by the car,sit in it,nothing. Not sure why but its not there. Buddy needed an engine NOW for a project,asked me what I had or could do.Told him the only thing I had was my LSX and threw out a silly # came back the next day with a big stack of 100s and told me to pull it. So that started this end I guess. I must be getting old,my work truck is just fine for me,maybe a reverse midlife crisis,IDK. I am sure I will miss it at some point. Thanks for asking though.
I feel the same way about my mustang. I'm just waiting for somebody to need a 25.5 chassis mustang certified to go 7.50.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:09 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Its not for the faint of heart. The last foot approx of tunnel needs to be flared out all around to clear,the inner supports for the tunnel plate need trimming,brake lines and wiring need to be carefully routed and exhaust will need to be redone to clear.Its documented on here,I know several have done it,I would personally talk to Fran or RPM as they pioneered this setup.
As a side note,I would take a Tr6060 setup in trade plus,need everything though,trans, bellhousing TT and all. NOT looking for a race setup,just a good solid used trans.
Thanks for the reply.

You have great fab and design skills. Watching your build thread was inspiring... I, along with everyone else here, was looking forward to the finished project.

But, I can certainly understand losing the fire.

Best of success with your sale.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:39 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Originally Posted by Capthuff
Thanks for the reply.

You have great fab and design skills. Watching your build thread was inspiring... I, along with everyone else here, was looking forward to the finished project.

But, I can certainly understand losing the fire.

Best of success with your sale.
Thank you,I wish it were different.You guys have always been very supporting of this project,I should have put it on the track but such is life. Ive traded track time for city park time with my 5yr old,Im good with that.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:30 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

As a side note,I would take a Tr6060 setup in trade plus,need everything though,trans,bellhousing TT and all. NOT looking for a race setup,just a good solid used trans.
PM sent..........who is fran?
Old 07-17-2015, 11:48 AM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by blown81bu
PM sent..........who is fran?
Fran = Race Proven Motorsports (one of the tuners that refused/refuses to have anything to do with you)
Old 07-17-2015, 12:01 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Fran = Race Proven Motorsports (one of the tuners that refused/refuses to have anything to do with you)

Get notified of new replies

To 4L80 conversion,trans brake,fresh COAN converter

Old 07-17-2015, 12:46 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

U can all hate me that's fine no one was in my shoes....what comes around goes around..In the end I WON!
My c5 intimidates his so called corvette street (RACE) cars...don't like them..irrogant bastard and he's affiliated with slowhawk(slowhack) the guy that wrecks people's cars daily.. so funny brought this up this weekend I got approached that slowhack just blew up another corvette..guy was driving home after a build and caught on fire burned to ground..i feel for the guy and hes not happy..
..I put those CLOWNS behind me and any other so called tuner I wasted time and money with
I have an excellent tuner now and very happy with him tought me alot with my own HP tuners
I finally enjoy the car drives perfect and has 0 mechanical issues with my home built beast.I made more power than ever on 93 on a loaded mustang..Atco in the fall for 8 sec passes any takers?

Last edited by blown81bu; 07-17-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:21 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

U can all hate me that's fine no one was in my shoes....what comes around goes around..In the end I WON!
My c5 intimidates his so called corvette street (RACE) cars...don't like them..irrogant bastard and he's affiliated with slowhawk(slowhack) the guy that wrecks people's cars daily.. so funny brought this up this weekend I got approached that slowhack just blew up another corvette..guy was driving home after a build and caught on fire burned to ground..i feel for the guy and hes not happy..
..I put those CLOWNS behind me and any other so called tuner I wasted time and money with
I have an excellent tuner now and very happy with him tought me alot with my own HP tuners
I finally enjoy the car drives perfect and has 0 mechanical issues with my home built beast.I made more power than ever on 93 on a loaded mustang..Atco in the fall for 8 sec passes any takers?
Here we go again in a person post about passed stuff. Bump anyway for the OP.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:40 AM
b16gsr
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Is this ebonics?

Quick Reply: 4L80 conversion,trans brake,fresh COAN converter