C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Direct Port Nitrous Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 09:50 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Direct Port Nitrous Conversion

So I am switching from a nitrous plate to a direct port kit. My dealer pricing with Nitrous Outlet is making this a LOT cheaper for me haha. HUGE order of parts for me and customers coming in Wednesday, and the billet rails are at the machine shop getting cut to length and drilled. Hoping to have it finished next weekend. Also have a custom switch panel that will go where the ash tray is on order with red back lighting.

Current set up

current pile of parts (it's an old pic, none of it is in the packaging anymore lol)

The nozzles I will be using. Now, they are unique in the industry. Most nozzles are either 1/16 NPT or 1/8 NPT. This means you have to tap the manifold PERFECTLY so when tight they are all the same direction. These nozzles are 5/16-24. All I have to do with these is put some loctite on them, thread them in until I want to stop, snug the jamb nut, and let the loctite dry. Hell, you can even go without the jamb nut.

What I am going to - except the hard lines will be replaced with braided stainless lines, and the name of my shop will be engraved on one of the flat sides.

Overall, this kit will be good for up to an 800 shot hahaha. Right now I am limited to a 200 - 250 shot as that is all my supply line will support. If I upgrade from a -4AN to a -6AN I could realistically spray 300+ if I use race fuel for the nitrous fuel enrichment. IF I decide to stay spray and on #TeamNoBoost, I will redo all the wiring potentially this winter and move all the relays and fuses to the underhood fuse box. THAT will be quite a task, but will make for a super clean installation.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:27 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Good luck with it. No doubt Nitrous Outlet has an awesome product line. The jam nut idea is so simple, yet brilliant as well.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:15 AM
mcshocks
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice, guys over at Nitrous Outlet are top notch, love there products & the results from them. Installed there products on my car & many friends cars too.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

how much is this running you? I am envious as hell... such nice stuff.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:57 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jason913
how much is this running you? I am envious as hell... such nice stuff.
Well, most of it I got on here "used" but still in the packaging for damn near nothing. The only thing that cost anything really were the nozzles.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:21 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Have everything now, just waiting on the machinist to finish drilling the rails....hoping to pick them up tonight.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:00 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Alright, feeling better now. The right headers are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Ordered a new wide band O2 gauge because the Autometer gauge I had is **** up. I ordered the Innovate DLG-1 dual gauge wide band. This gauge is pretty sweet, it monitors and shows 2 wide band inputs at the same time

My new switch plate is ready to be hooked up. However, I am toying with the idea of changing the switches out to billet ones - just for the added prettiness lol.

Not my pic, this was taken by the guy who made the plate for me. When I get it wired in and **** I will take a better pic of it lit up.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:49 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

New headers are here finally!

and the 3" x 3" x-pipe to go with it. Once I get it set up so I know how it needs to be adjusted, I am going to wrap it with DEI Titanium wrap.

Had a new wide band delivered today as well since my Autometer **** out on me. Innovate DLG-1 dual wide band

Going to reseal the diff (as I think the seal between the trans and the diff is cut) while I am in there. Now I just need to get the nitrous rails from the machine shop. Lotta work to do this weekend....
Old 09-25-2015, 10:51 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I like that wideband

Does it have an output for each sensor separately?
Old 09-26-2015, 07:56 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Originally Posted by schpenxel
I like that wideband

Does it have an output for each sensor separately?
between the gauge itself and the wideband controller, it has 2 inputs for O2s and allows you to datalog both as well.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:08 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Doing a little direct port plumbing today. Now to wait for the billet nitrous/fuel rails to get back from the machine shop. Need to do a little clean up and repaint it still.‪#‎TeamNitrousOutlet‬ ‪#‎TeamNoBoost‬

Old 10-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Jason913
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

My jealousy is reaching critical mass. Nice work sir... keep us updated.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:04 AM
mcshocks
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking good!
Old 10-03-2015, 06:16 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

My machine shop guy is finishing up the rails tonight....getting excited....

Old 10-10-2015, 01:35 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

The billet rails are done, just trying to get with my guy to pick them up. Hoping to be done this weekend. So, I can't decide where I want to plumb my 2x purge solenoids to....suggestions?
Old 10-11-2015, 11:00 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Picked the rails up, discovered I need to either get a 45 deg fitting off the rail or just get new lines with a 45 deg on 1 end so I can get everything to play nicely. My intent is to have the rails centered with the outlets horizontal. Will pull the fuel rails/injectors off the car tomorrow to put them on to see better where the nitrous rail needs to be

This is where the billet nitrous/fuel rails naturally lay:

This is where I want them, but with the output lines tilted down a little:

hopefully I will get something done tomorrow, assuming that the suspected muscle pull in my lower right abdomen isn't really appendicitis lol.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:02 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Getting close to done. Right now I just need 4x straight 1/8 NPT x 1/8 NPT male/male fittings to put the other solenoids on, 1x swivel 1/4 NPT x -6AN elbow for a fuel line, and 4x 12" -3AN lines. Wouldn't you know it, I have a bunch of every fitting I don't need lol. All of which will be on order by Monday afternoon. All of this just to sell the complete intake next year sometime when I switch to a Super Vic with custom 4150 DBW throttle body - unless the mythical Vararam intake ever comes out and is worthwhile.

This weekend I will fabricate the bracket to hold the rails and possibly repaint the intake.

Get notified of new replies

To Direct Port Nitrous Conversion

Old 10-25-2015, 06:09 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

The intake is done, aside from the 4 lines that show up tomorrow. I still need to repaint the intake, the direct port rail mounting brackets, and the "ALL AMERICAN PERFORMANCE" lettering on the rails, but that can be done some other time. Now to try to get the car back together tonight before Walking Dead comes on lol haha.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:12 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Looking good!
Old 10-31-2015, 09:11 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Almost done, just have some few odds-n-ends to take care of. Need to order 1 line - I had to move the rails forward to clear the wiper cowl so now I need 1 longer line. Will probably order 2. Still to do:

- Adjust nitrous rails so they are level.
- Need to notch the hood near the cowl to clear the solenoids.
- Measure and order lines for the purge system. Going to be purging out the side cove vents.
- Hook up the nitrous lines to the solenoids.
- Wire the solenoids.
- Install and wrap x-pipe.
- Slot the holes in the over the axle pipes and bevel the inside edge of the flange so it will bolt to the 3" mid pipes.
- Install trailer hitch.
- Finish installing the AFR gauge.
- Install switch plate and nitrous pressure gauge.
- Put the interior back together.
- Tune for NA.
- Tune for nitrous.

Quick Reply: Direct Port Nitrous Conversion