C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alky Control Install Issues......

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 07:30 PM
nightman06
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Alky Control Install Issues......

Installing an Alky kit on my C5 TT build. I've got it all plumbed and wired. With the test button pressed I get a red light but no indication of pump running. I started the car and pushed air into vacuum block. Kit is set to come on at 3 psi and I get a solid red light crossing 3 psi. Still, no power to pump.

I need some troubleshooting tips here and I cant get a hold of the guys at Alky Control today.

My kit is run to switched power at the ignition relay.....I'm lost here. Thanks guys.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:47 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by nightman06
Installing an Alky kit on my C5 TT build. I've got it all plumbed and wired. With the test button pressed I get a red light but no indication of pump running. I started the car and pushed air into vacuum block. Kit is set to come on at 3 psi and I get a solid red light crossing 3 psi. Still, no power to pump.

I need some troubleshooting tips here and I cant get a hold of the guys at Alky Control today.

My kit is run to switched power at the ignition relay.....I'm lost here. Thanks guys.

Call Julio he will set you straight.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:16 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Is your knowledge of electricity and switches/ relays solid? I know nothing about this kit but most installs of anything electric comes down to connections and following instructions. If you know you don't have power (check with meter) go backwards from pump and look for where you are loosing power. Check your grounds also.

Sorry if I'm making this sound too simple, but sometimes a connector that looks good is bad and will be overlooked.
Old 09-27-2015, 01:27 AM
nightman06
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it figured out. Bad connection buried inside a heat shrink tube. Thanks guys.

Get notified of new replies

To Alky Control Install Issues......

Quick Reply: Alky Control Install Issues......