C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ecs 8 rib bracket , the correct one or no ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 02:46 AM
fsuforever
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ecs 8 rib bracket , the correct one or no ??

So I bought my kit in 06 & aware they have made drastic changes to the design since then , can someone verify that I have the right or the wrong bracket & if it is the wrong bracket , can u plz post a pic of the correct bracket for the 8 rib ?
Gracious & thank you , this is the bracket I've had since 06, also I've got the big j piping going to the drivers side , now they run all the piping to the passenger side & put a plate & a flange on the Drivers side & open a hole for the passengers side for the intercooler /so yes the kit I bought & the new kit are pretty unique & different than from 06
Old 10-01-2015, 09:12 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

Same design, bracket has not changed since. All brackets are 8 rib compatible.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:57 PM
prochargedz
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Same design, bracket has not changed since. All brackets are 8 rib compatible.
That's weird, my ecs 6 rib bracket looks stout compared to the one in the pic. no slip.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:07 PM
RpeterK
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by prochargedz
That's weird, my ecs 6 rib bracket looks stout compared to the one in the pic. no slip.
If you have the 1500 head unit the bracket is different. The 2000 bracket has remained unchanged in design from the beginning and is still the same if you ordered one today. Logo is different thats all. Same brackets same spacers and they fit 6 rib and 8 rib with only a pulley change. Even the idler stays the same.

bob
Old 10-01-2015, 02:35 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by RpeterK
If you have the 1500 head unit the bracket is different. The 2000 bracket has remained unchanged in design from the beginning and is still the same if you ordered one today. Logo is different thats all. Same brackets same spacers and they fit 6 rib and 8 rib with only a pulley change. Even the idler stays the same.

bob
Only real difference is 2000 bracket has a threaded rod to draw in the idler and the 1500 bracket has a swing arm. Otherwise they are basically identical as Bob already posted.

Get notified of new replies

To Ecs 8 rib bracket , the correct one or no ??

Quick Reply: Ecs 8 rib bracket , the correct one or no ??