C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Half Mile Hustle. PIC HEAVY

Old 08-21-2016, 06:37 PM
skull
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

That's insane your car is that light. Wtf. Iron block. Twins.

I removed my ac stuff. Going to aluminum exhaust. Aluminum motor. C6z brakes and ccw c10 and I'm already predicting it'll be a 3150 car without me
The following users liked this post:
Smoove (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 12:40 AM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

Received 108 Likes on 102 Posts

stick with current hood.

and gotdayum your car is light. that's crazy considering turbos, etc
Smoove (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016, 09:07 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by skull
That's insane your car is that light. Wtf. Iron block. Twins.

I removed my ac stuff. Going to aluminum exhaust. Aluminum motor. C6z brakes and ccw c10 and I'm already predicting it'll be a 3150 car without me
I do not have an iron block.

Originally Posted by neverstop
stick with current hood.

and gotdayum your car is light. that's crazy considering turbos, etc
Thanks!

I have some carbon fiber on the car here and there. I also got rid of my 47.5lbs triple disc....and now run a 14.7lb triple disc. The lightweight wheels, lightweight exhaust, removal of a washer jug, smaller radiator tank, and a couple of odds and ends, the car saved some weight.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

So...my cousin is changing setups yet again...so that leaves me a billet Wilson sheetmetal intake manifold plumbed for a wet nitrous direct port. So....I am going to remove the wilson fast 90 since I plan on running 20+psi in the half mile....and install the wilson piece. I am going to remove the WET(fuel)side of the nitrous kit, and only run a dry shot...a very small nitrous shot just to cool things off in say, 5th gear in the half mile. I have to mod one piece for my alternator....then...rock and roll....hopefully this will be a smooth swap but, something tells me it will be a pain in the ***. Small meet tomorrow night...after that...pulling the fast 90....and having at it.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:29 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Will that even fit under the hood or will you have to do some cutting?
Old 09-13-2016, 09:44 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
Will that even fit under the hood or will you have to do some cutting?

It'll fit a normal C5 or C6 with little modifications to the driver side fuel rail area. My cowl/firewall,...is already setup for that with my fuel system layout. Shouldn't be a big deal. Hopefully.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:33 AM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Lmao.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:38 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SBCGENII
Lmao.
lol dude, I know.

FAST is off and sold already so, no going back now. Hoping to have it on by the weekend if all goes well. On the plus side, I should be ordering my holley dominator setup today.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:14 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

..and now, the fun begins.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

So today, I planned to get some of the wiring out of the way. Ended up spending a lot of time, planning. Where to mount the Holley Dominator, how to route wiring. Where to put things. Dealing with the new wilson manifold and routing the existing fuel lines, and rails around to deal with that giant thing. Holley harness is basically in place(easily)...now, plans to splice/repin to the factory ecu, can probably begin. First, I need to route my fuel lines a little different, and modify my fuel rail to accept the the nitrous plumbing. Once that is all done, I also have to make a few billet spacers for the differences between the fast 90 and the wilson. Not a big deal, just takes some time.

The holley, since my wastegate dumps are in the location where I see everyone mounting the dominator, so I am planning on installing mine on the inside of the car. Found a dope location, so I am making a bracket, than installing. Once that is all installed, I can actually begin wiring. I feel good about the plan, as it seems it should get rid of LOTS of clutter,...so I can't wait.

Tomorrow is another day tho.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:50 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,193 Likes on 1,052 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Now that looks fun
Old 10-03-2016, 08:09 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by schpenxel
Now that looks fun
Endless.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:57 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Things removed and soon for sale since the Holley EFI has all of this built in:

Versafueler injector driver box
HKS EVC boost controller
Innovate MTX widebands(barely used)- I have two of them.
Autometer NEXUS gauges: Boost-Fuel-Pyro/egt and control box. Boost gauge didn't power up recently so it seems like either a bad wire or a gauge that needs to be rebuilt.
Also will be available an LSA LID spacer from D3 Cadillac.

[URL =http://s70.photobucket.com/user/V-seriesTech/media/20160929_175215_zpsfxlesjy6.jpg.html][/URL]

Old 10-03-2016, 12:48 PM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

I may want one of the widebands. PM me how much you want shipped to 20166
Old 10-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Cool, PM replied.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:01 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

So we had kind of a hurricane here since last I posted on this. Basically the day before, some douche likely looking for weapons broke into my tahoe(didn't take $1100 worth of electronics[radar-trinity tuner]) and took nothing. Caused a delay in my free time since it was a scramble to find a piece of glass...which nobody would sell me unless I had them install. Anyways dealt with that , then the storm, then clean up at the shop after so, it was basically several days of wasted time.

On to the car. I have wanted to clean up the engine bay with this thing. Hard to really do that with my setup. So instead of going the tradatinal route I have been going, I decided to pull the wipers, and run the fuel line and some vacuum lines inside that large, open area. I am in Florida, I do occasionally see rain....hopefully, rainX will do it's job should I ever run into a problem. I cut the cowl area to allow for the larger wilson manifold as well. I have a few fittings I ordered that will show up tomorrow, and then i can hopefully put everything back together. fuel lines and everything in these pics are not routed or mounted.

I ran most of the new harness, relocated o2 sensors, lengthened wires on the new harness where I needed. Also started to do some of my vacuum hardline finally. So hopefully, everything this time around...is gonna look clean and be accessible. We got a bunch of cars done this past week and this so I am hoping to free up some shop time and get back to this thing.

Last edited by Smoove; 10-19-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:09 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

I don't have wipers on my car and drove through a downpour for 35 miles with nothing but fresh rainx and was honestly fine. stuff is pretty impressive. with the angle of the windshield so steep the water just flies off basically.

Get notified of new replies

To The Half Mile Hustle. PIC HEAVY

Old 10-19-2016, 03:19 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by neverstop
I don't have wipers on my car and drove through a downpour for 35 miles with nothing but fresh rainx and was honestly fine. stuff is pretty impressive. with the angle of the windshield so steep the water just flies off basically.
Nice. Good to know. Had wax on my last vette and honestly hardly used the wipers at any kind of speed.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Soo,...i've been busy. Mostly with life stuff, not so much car stuff. Finally, we have the Dominator installed, and now the car is running. We ended up getting a bad ECU with stumped us for a few days but, Holley REALLY took care of me and sent me a replacement. We're currently in the "tuning" stages, and finding the bugs stages. Re-wiring a thing or two....and I still need to get my cluster to communicate. So I have a LOT to do in a weeks time before this half mile event but, we'll see how it goes. Might just buy a cluster and be done with all this nonsense of trying to get the factory cluster to work, and keep all these extra wires from the oem harness in the car. We'll see.

In the meantime, I have C5 and C6 axles I want to sell, quickly.
SBCGENII (01-12-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 03:27 PM
neverstop
Melting Slicks

the crunchtime before an event begins! in for vids of 1/2 mile pulls

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Half Mile Hustle. PIC HEAVY