C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bottom end require tune?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Cedarberry
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Bottom end require tune?

Looking at a car that's supercharged puttin down 700rwhp. Stock bottom LS2.

Rebuilding bottom end with forged parts, would car require a tune?

I'm thinking no, but really have no clue

Thanks
Old 11-27-2015, 02:48 PM
Shoaf85
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

If compression and actual cam timing stays the same then it should be pretty close. Your tuner should be willing to work with you some IMO and just make a couple logs to see. Better safe than sorry if you ask me. Also may could squeeze some more power out of it depending on how conservative it was since stock internals were in it while tuned before!
Old 11-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Cedarberry
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoaf85
If compression and actual cam timing stays the same then it should be pretty close. Your tuner should be willing to work with you some IMO and just make a couple logs to see. Better safe than sorry if you ask me. Also may could squeeze some more power out of it depending on how conservative it was since stock internals were in it while tuned before!
Thanks Shoaf, problem for me is good tuner is 6 hrs away for me. No way to trailer it. I'm in the sticks of Colorado.

So was hoping to be able to do the short block, reinstall with the sme top end and not change anything, not have to get it to a tuner.

Like to boost my car, but once I install a kit, I have the same problem of getting it to a tuner. Currently sellin my C5 with thoughts of just finding a built boosted car ready to go.

When I first bought the car I thought I would be able to do a lot of my own wrenching, can't do much without a tuner close.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:02 PM
Shoaf85
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Cedarberry
Thanks Shoaf, problem for me is good tuner is 6 hrs away for me. No way to trailer it. I'm in the sticks of Colorado.

So was hoping to be able to do the short block, reinstall with the sme top end and not change anything, not have to get it to a tuner.

Like to boost my car, but once I install a kit, I have the same problem of getting it to a tuner. Currently sellin my C5 with thoughts of just finding a built boosted car ready to go.

When I first bought the car I thought I would be able to do a lot of my own wrenching, can't do much without a tuner close.
Buy HPtuners and do some email tuning. Message me if interested.
The following users liked this post:
Cedarberry (11-27-2015)
Old 11-27-2015, 08:22 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Cedarberry

I sell HP Tuners and do remote tuning. You'll need a wideband too. I will write the initial startup tune and then help get it all set up and logging. I'll review the logs and dial it in thoroughly. PM me if I can help.

Bret

Offering products from A&A Superchargers, East Coast Superchargers, Mechman Alternators, Mantic clutches, RPS clutches, Kooks Headers, Lakewood, LG, Brian Tooley Racing, Comp Cams, FAST, ARP, UPP Turbo systems, Wiseco, Callies, K1, MAST Motorsports, Haltech and many more. PM me for details.
The following users liked this post:
Cedarberry (11-28-2015)
Old 11-28-2015, 10:08 AM
95rtturbo
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I am in a similar predicament - nearest reputable tuner to me is 4 hours away, and my engine builder just completed my full bottom end rebuild. Got an appointment to tune the car next Saturday... My opinion is, you spent all this cash rebuilding the bottom end (not sure what you spent, but I spent nearly $8000), it would just make sense to spend the extra $500 or so (lower for remote tuning) to get it professionally tuned.

My thread: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ng-nicely.html

Last edited by 95rtturbo; 11-28-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Buy HP tuners I will help you for free

Get notified of new replies

To Bottom end require tune?

Quick Reply: Bottom end require tune?