C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO1514 and PO103, are these based off the tune? Twin Turbo C5

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 08:42 AM
camaroguy72
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default PO1514 and PO103, are these based off the tune? Twin Turbo C5

Hi all

I originally scheduled a tune at Vengeance but I postponed because I thought I was having clutch slipping issues. I bled the clutch and now it seems to be holding, did a few 6th gear full throttle rolls and was rock solid.

Now, when achieving max boost or close to it, I get a PO1514 code and the car goes into reduced power mode. This happens pretty much every time now when I get on the throttle and rev it up to redline.

The car has a standing PO103 code on it as well where it lights up service vehicle soon in the DIC.

The car is a twin turbo c5. Not sure who did the previous tune on it. Are these items both tune related and are they easy fixes?

I'm planning to call Vengeance and re-schedule the tune but if there's something I can do in the mean time, or someone close to Savannah, GA.. I'd appreciate any insight.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:52 AM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroguy72
Now, when achieving max boost or close to it, I get a PO1514 code and the car goes into reduced power mode. This happens pretty much every time now when I get on the throttle and rev it up to redline.

The car has a standing PO103 code on it as well where it lights up service vehicle soon in the DIC.

The car is a twin turbo c5. Not sure who did the previous tune on it. Are these items both tune related and are they easy fixes?

I'm planning to call Vengeance and re-schedule the tune but if there's something I can do in the mean time, or someone close to Savannah, GA.. I'd appreciate any insight.
Your tuner needs to scale the tune.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:11 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

Looks like your airflow is going off the scale of what the MAF is setup for. Vengeance should have no problem fixing this.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:38 PM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CamminC5
Looks like your airflow is going off the scale of what the MAF is setup for. Vengeance should have no problem fixing this.
I'd say no and yes.

MAF scale in that kind of setup is already maxed without even seeing the logs.

MIL in the tune is probably just unchecked or otherwise wrongly configured depending on tuning sw. No MAF anymore in that car I think.

But the real problem is too much Cylinder Airmass (grams/cyl) and thus the need for scaling.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:54 PM
camaroguy72
Advanced

Appointment made for tomorrow at Vengeance. It's a 4.5 hour drive, but at least the car will be sorted out. Gets annoying to get on the gas only to have it shut down on you!
Old 12-17-2015, 01:44 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles
I'd say no and yes.

MAF scale in that kind of setup is already maxed without even seeing the logs.

MIL in the tune is probably just unchecked or otherwise wrongly configured depending on tuning sw. No MAF anymore in that car I think.

But the real problem is too much Cylinder Airmass (grams/cyl) and thus the need for scaling.
I don't assume the MAF is maxed or that the car doesn't have a MAF. Easier to start with rescale than throwing parts and money at it. Either way Vengeance is more than capable of fixing the issue.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:46 PM
camaroguy72
Advanced

I don't assume the MAF is maxed or that the car doesn't have a MAF. Easier to start with rescale than throwing parts and money at it. Either way Vengeance is more than capable of fixing the issue.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Will do.

The car does have a MAF.. whether it is doing anything but letting air pass through it is another thing. Will find out tomorrow and report back!
Old 12-18-2015, 06:50 AM
marco383
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

My F1C Procharged 427 did the same thing until the MAF was scaled. It was embarrassing to have it fall on its face, especially when a nasty sounding Mustang was in the other lane.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:34 PM
Pekka_Perkeles
Burning Brakes

The car does have a MAF.. whether it is doing anything but letting air pass through it is another thing.
...and if it's C5 MAF the most it will ever see is 512 g/sec that is the hard limit in the PCM (roughly same rwhp). After that it's just useless. :-)

Will find out tomorrow and report back!
Can't wait.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:06 AM
camaroguy72
Advanced

Looks like it was related to the tune. Whoever tuned it also locked the ecu up, so the guy at vengeance started with a new ecu

Plugged in everything for a base tune after inputting the different variables , drove it around and calibrated the maf and whatever else. Made 512 on the dyno at the wheels with clutch slip at the top end. But runs amazing now and the car is actually enjoyable !
Old 12-21-2015, 11:30 AM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Glad it was an easy fix!! And your happy.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:31 AM
camaroguy72
Advanced

Glad it was an easy fix!! And your happy.
that makes 2 of us! haha. Granted it was a $915 fix, but better than getting on the throttle and having the car quit on me.

Get notified of new replies

To PO1514 and PO103, are these based off the tune? Twin Turbo C5

Quick Reply: PO1514 and PO103, are these based off the tune? Twin Turbo C5