C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CTS-V LSA S/C instal on LS6

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Beattie00
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS-V LSA S/C instal on LS6

Beattie00
Forums
Subscriptions

Home / C5 General
Cts-v LSA s\c instal on an LS6
View First Unread
Beattie00 , Today 05:27 PM
Hey everyone!

I am sure this has been discussed before and please redirect me if so, I'm sure there will be a lot of people saying it cannot be done on a c5 z06 for obvious reason like p\s rack is in the way and the hood itself does not have the clearence, ports are not the same shape etc.... But with some custom work I think this can be done and I'm looking for feedback. I'm thinking of doing this manily because the tvs1900 off the cts-V are everywhere and quite cheap as opposed to spending 5-6 k on an used roots style setup, basically a budjet s\c build. So I know the ports size\shapes are not the same, but adapter plates can be purchased everywhere to physically mount it, all the bolt holes line up, injectors line up no big deal its been done before on f-bodys. My real main concern is where the s\c pulley itself will sit in comparisson to my ls6 serpentine belt, I am wondering if it's possible to machine the snout of the s\c and machine like an elongated pulley that sits over the snout to align it with my ls6 serpentine belt, of course this means I'd need a different belt and probably mount a custom idler pulley around there somewhere. I don't have my hands on the s\c yet so I really do not know exactly where it sits this is why I'm asking! Another idea which might sound crazy and I'm not sure if it's safe or possible, what if the snout stick out to far past my ls6 serpentine belt and if I was to basically weld a proper sized pulley onto say my water pump to stick it out inline with the s\c then I make a custom bracket with another tensioner and idler pully, so basically I have the belt for my a\c and my main accessory drive belt and another belt for the s\c that essentially runs off a pully connected to the water pump, I don't think this should cause problems as its basically the same as having one belt. Another idea is to relocated the p\s rack slightly forward to be able to instal a 3 belt balancer, I am not sure if that's even possible and I can't even look as my cars in storage.

This is just a rough idea in my head and need opinions and not just "it can't be done" beacause this really isn't that radical of an idea!

My car is an 01z with a Brian tooley racing stage 3 n\a cam, BTR dual valve springs,rods, johnson slow leakdown lifters, performance timing chain, high flow oil pump all the little stuff, long tube headers high flow cats, ghl bullets, prob some other stuff, tuned by champion motors in Scarborough making a little over 400whp. The car is targa converted and on hsd coilovers, black c5 z 18's all around with 295\35\18 on all fours but that stuff doesn't matter lol anyways,

I know I'll need the LSA s\c, fuel rails, injectors (they should be good enough) a fuel boostapump, ls2 throttle body, cowl hood for clearence, re-tune obviously and a bunch of custom work of course!

I'd only want to run a safe amount of boost 7-10 psi, what size s\c pulley would I need?

Are any of these ideas feesable?

Thanks for reading!
Old 01-10-2016, 10:52 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Just about anything can be done, but I think you will spend more, and have more work VS getting a SC made for the car. Most prefer a centrifugal type too.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:11 PM
Beattie00
Cruising

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Just about anything can be done, but I think you will spend more, and have more work VS getting a SC made for the car. Most prefer a centrifugal type too.
Yes it will definitely be more work compared to a bolt on kit made specifically for the car which i am fine with, i am mainly considering this option because i think its still significantly cheaper then finding and buying a roots blower that will probably cost 4-5 k used. The LSA s/c can probably be purchased for around $1000 with fuel rails plus $50 to replace faulty coupler, lsa stock injectors call it $300ish used, the adapter plates to mount the S/C to ls6 heads are about $300, ls2 throttle body about $300, fuel boostapump about $400, re-tune $350. Machine work wont cost me anything.... I cant think of much else aside from my time...

Can anyone think of anything else??
Old 01-11-2016, 09:22 AM
Cutlassmaster
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts

I bought my brand new A&A kit for $4,800 shipped. Unless you want to do something different or really like to customize, just by a kit and be done. Time is money and money is time so figure out what is more important, tried and true kit or a custom build that you could have constant problems. I love to fabricate and do things differently but there is a line.
Chris
Old 01-11-2016, 09:32 AM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Beattie00
Yes it will definitely be more work compared to a bolt on kit made specifically for the car which i am fine with, i am mainly considering this option because i think its still significantly cheaper then finding and buying a roots blower that will probably cost 4-5 k used. The LSA s/c can probably be purchased for around $1000 with fuel rails plus $50 to replace faulty coupler, lsa stock injectors call it $300ish used, the adapter plates to mount the S/C to ls6 heads are about $300, ls2 throttle body about $300, fuel boostapump about $400, re-tune $350. Machine work wont cost me anything.... I cant think of much else aside from my time...

Can anyone think of anything else??
LSA is a 8 rib belt system. You will need to purchase a 8 rib balancer.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Beattie00
Cruising

Originally Posted by Rob@ChampionMotors
Yes im aware of the 8 rib s/c pulley and the balacer. I plan on machining a custom pulley to my 6 ribbed belt on my ls6 (or however many ribs it has lol) wont be too hard!

Thanks for the input!
Old 01-11-2016, 09:56 AM
Beattie00
Cruising

Originally Posted by Rob@ChampionMotors
Rob i just noticed that was you, i called you about those 2 piece rotors i have to pickup sometime, you tuned my c5z and my buddys silver c5z. Whats your opinion on this? Tuning wise? Any major parts im leaving out? I know i could easily buy a bolt on kit no big deal but i want to do something a little different and while keeping cost down compared to any other roots blower kit thats gona run 5k used!
Old 01-11-2016, 11:18 AM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Are you planning on cutting your hood?
Old 01-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Beattie00
Cruising

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Are you planning on cutting your hood?
I will be getting some sort of cowl hood whether i buy one or custom make one, ive custom made cowl hoods in the past that have turned out perfectly, and that way i get exactly what i want! There is not too many cowl hood ls on the market that really make me think "thats the one"
Old 01-11-2016, 01:27 PM
Beattie00
Cruising

Is there a kit that replaces all pulleys on the ls6 including balancer to an 8 rib pulleys??? That might better to prevent belt slip.

Get notified of new replies

To CTS-V LSA S/C instal on LS6

Quick Reply: CTS-V LSA S/C instal on LS6